New sale of team thread

Depends on the definition of the assets he sold and what he's investing in and whether the IRS will buy into the explanation that a sale of oil & gas exploration land is a like-kind exchange for a football stadium site & construction.

That and his history of generating headlines, exit from TCW, etc

Well those are real issues, but consider what the NFL has let Haslam, Wilf, Jerry Jones, Jim Irsay get away with. One thing I can guarantee you about Jeff Gundlach is that he will not accept losing.

By the way I would be just as happy with Pegula, so forgive me if this comes across as shilling.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You won't be laughing when all of a sudden a out of town person or group that is unknown

And nothing ever reported on about them bids 3 billion

From his google billions and wins the bidding.

Then You'll be like how did this happen and what are there Intensions.

By that time it's too late and they go to the. It's at the league meetings

To get approved.

The pressure this city has but on Bon Jovi had effect on the process

What is lurking in private behind the scenes and what the NFl

Really wants is a team In Los Angles or Toronto or London

So I don't take this lightly that 5 other get to meet with are CEO

Without public vetting

This inarticulate SOB is starting to grow on me...

Kudos @Brawndo for remembering Thurman. I think you are onto something. Though it's a bit surprising Thurman would oppose Kelly's bid.

That said both these guys are ornamental. Neither have the kind of cash to buy into this poker game in a significant way.

Trump

Pegula

Bonjovi

All 3 were vetted ad nauseam

On here in the nation newspapers

And web sites and by local media

And fans.

Not to mention these 3 groups placed bids

That were vetted by Morgan Stanley.

One group had to resubmit there bid

To move to round 2

So the 3 groups were put through a lot

And deserve to move forward.

Now over night we have 5 more.

So if your not concerned then neither

Am I. So don't be surprised when you learn

Later that a mystery group that is non local

Wins the bid and no one knows nothing

About it.

So if this is not a big deal and you do not think

There anything going on behind the scenes

That might cost us a beloved Football team

Then great let's not do anything as fans or a city

Will just put blinders on a hope for the Best.

Go ask Cleveland and Baltimore fans

How that worked out.

I'm not built like that. When I see 5 more

People come in board over nite

That were never there before I'm concerned

So keep up hoping that everything is ok

And it will all be alright.

You have no idea what most people think outside

Of western NY.

Most have never been here. They think the City of Buffalo is a wasteland. And that the NFL

Should expand to bigger and better markets.

And could you blame the owners for wanting to

Expand into more territories and open up and

Canadian revenue stream or get LA the 2nd biggest city in the USA back in the game.

There are forces at work behind the scenes

That can take this team away. If we don't

Scrutinize each bidder and the process

Then what good are we.

Trump

Pegula

Bonjovi

And fans.

To move to round 2

About it.

How that worked out.

Of western NY.

Most have never been here. They think the City of Buffalo is a wasteland. And that the NFL

Canadian revenue stream or get LA the 2nd biggest city in the USA back in the game.

Then what good are we.

Admittedly, I'm not sure if I'm piecing together this incoherent string of sentence fragments properly, but if I am, I'm happy to tell you that I actually do know that there are some out-of-town bidders included in the "secret" groups.

Guess what? It doesn't matter, as the Trust is not selling the team to anyone that will move them.

No need to worry.

Better yet, add him to the 'ignore user' list and save a whole lot of time and energy...

And miss all the fun?

Kudos @Brawndo for remembering Thurman. I think you are onto something. Though it's a bit surprising Thurman would oppose Kelly's bid.

That said both these guys are ornamental. Neither have the kind of cash to buy into this poker game in a significant way.

As I said before, I don't believe that's what Thurman was referring to with his tweet.

Trump

Pegula

Bonjovi

And fans.

To move to round 2

About it.

How that worked out.

Of western NY.

Then what good are we.

Please don't ignore me. You're seriously the most entertaining thing I've seen on the internet in awhile.

Do you hear the Canada group got to make a 2nd bid, 1 because it's a higher bid and 2 they now guarantee that the will not more the team

While the during the current lease agreement.

Oh boy I'm good to go the Bills are staying forever

That seals it for me.

Any new bidders now in the extended

5 new ones could simply say they won't

Move the team.

But you know if any of these owners

Are out of town after that lease is up

All bets are off.

So I guess that's all is needed to get to

Make a final bid and steal this team.

This is pure speculation on my part, but I believe we are overlooking something. I believe Thurman Thomas has aligned himself with The Pegulas.

Matt Moulson, who recently signed with Sabres as a FA, was interviewed on July 2nd by WGR and he mentioned grew up a Bills Fan and is looking forward to going to some games. He also mentioned Thomas was his favorite player and he spoke to Terry who was going to talk to Thurman about getting him an autographed ball. Its possible that Pegula and Thurman have become friends through Thurman being a Sabres Fan.

But going back to Thurman's tweet from May "I just did something that will ensure the future of the Buffalo Bills in WNY for a long time."

I believe there is more to their relationship.

FWIW, it has been my understanding that Thurman's relationship with the Wilsons always has been very close.

I'm fairly certain they only get to vote on the Owner's approval of the team purchase. They can subsequently push for a new stadium, but they cannot reject an owner's bid because he doesn't have plans fleshed out for a new stadium.

Fair enough but if they know this guy has a stadium plan and the other guy doesn't I think that has some sway wouldn't you think so too?

Wasn't part of the "iron clad" stadium lease that they could not even look into a new stadium now?

I'm not sure what you mean unless you are referring to the $400M penalty. There is an active stadium site recommendation about to be released. It is something that has to be in play with a new owner and if we can believe what we've read to date this is a box checked on EL Pegual's bid.

This is pure speculation on my part, but I believe we are overlooking something. I believe Thurman Thomas has aligned himself with The Pegulas.

Matt Moulson, who recently signed with Sabres as a FA, was interviewed on July 2nd by WGR and he mentioned grew up a Bills Fan and is looking forward to going to some games. He also mentioned Thomas was his favorite player and he spoke to Terry who was going to talk to Thurman about getting him an autographed ball. Its possible that Pegula and Thurman have become friends through Thurman being a Sabres Fan.

But going back to Thurman's tweet from May "I just did something that will ensure the future of the Buffalo Bills in WNY for a long time."

I believe there is more to their relationship.

FWIW, it has been my understanding that Thurman's relationship with the Wilsons always has been very close.

Please don't ignore me. You're seriously the most entertaining thing I've seen on the internet in awhile.

I'd be more entertained if I was sure this poster actually believed any of this; I'm unconvinced--I believe it's merely a farce.

It still is mildly entertaining though

OMG would you listen to yourselves??

THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING..

"when panic or in doubt,

run in circles scream and shout!!!"

This just in: The retractable roof on the new stadium is collapsing!! 100's hurt... its true I heard it froma guy on the internets.... :wacko:

People calm down. why are you not thinking that there are 5 more guys who love th BIlls and want to keep them here? You don't know who they are, what thier intentions are, but you assume that they all want to move them. PUHLEEASE. ( news flash probably ONE of them is Golisano who has stated that he wantsto keep them here, and at least one other is probably the dude that wants to build a stadium in west seneca)

You believed them when they said there were 3 and NOW you are all Butt hurt that there are 8, COMPLETELY FORGETTING THAT THE INFO ABOUT 3 bidders was WRONG! BUT NOW you believe them? NOW the information is accurate? Why because "Teddy Graham crackers and milk" reported it in the buffalo snooze? :doh: I wouldn't trust that RAG for the time in the shadow of Big Ben. ( the clock in London not the qb in Pittsburgh)

(But I saw you buy the paper at wegmans the other day! YES you did, cause I needed it to light my BBQ with. which is the only use that I can think of for that archaic piece of shi .... errrrr, media, since I aint currently training a puppy, and I don't own a bird.")

Relax. have a beer or 5. :beer:

The Team isn't going anywhere.

Edited by hullhawk

OMG would you listen to yourselves??

THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING..

"when panic or in doubt,

run in circles scream and shout!!!"

This just in: The retractable roof on the new stadium is collapsing!! 100's hurt... its true I heard it froma guy on the internets.... :wacko:

People calm down. why are you not thinking that there are 5 more guys who love th BIlls and want to keep them here? You don't know who they are, what thier intentions are, but you assume that they all want to move them. PUHLEEASE. ( news flash probably ONE of them is Golisano who has stated that he wantsto keep them here, and at least one other is probably the dude that wants to build a stadium in west seneca)

You believed them when they said there were 3 and NOW you are all Butt hurt that there are 8, COMPLETELY FORGETTING THAT THE INFO ABOUT 3 bidders was WRONG! BUT NOW you believe them? NOW the information is accurate? Why because "Teddy Graham crackers and milk" reported it in the buffalo snooze? :doh: I wouldn't trust that RAG for the time in the shadow of Big Ben. ( the clock in London not the qb in Pittsburgh)

(But I saw you buy the paper at wegmans the other day! YES you did, cause I needed it to light my BBQ with. which is the only use that I can think of for that archaic piece of shi .... errrrr, media, since I aint currently training a puppy, and I don't own a bird.")

Relax. have a beer or 5. :beer:

The Team isn't going anywhere.

I don't know who you are...

...but I like your style!

B-)