New sale of team thread

How can you take part in a process that has no rules.

Then why submitt a non biding bid at all

Your supposed to be vetted and show your

Financing and intent to the Morgan Stanley

To get the right to see the Bills financials and books

Now where has it been reported until this morning

Has the number of 8 been reported that a 8

Get to sit at the table with Russ. Brandon

Who are these other 5 why don't we know who they are

What are the chances they could move the team

This is serious some may laugh this off but I am not

One of them.

Well, one of them is GOLDMEMBER. I cannot divulge my source for obvious reasons.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Relax ? You seem to be the one that is uptight about it. I just wanted to clarify because a lot of posters get confused about Brandon's role with player personnel.

From what I have read YOU seem to be the poster confused about his role with player personnel.

Tim Graham@ByTimGraham 9s

Don't know order, but Bills' trust scheduled meetings with prospective bidders: 1 yesterday, 1 today, 4 next week, maybe 2 week after next.

It's over. Trump WOWED them today. Show over. Team moving to London.....Ontario.

Except that Whaley would report to a VP, Football Operations who would report to Pegula. Same structure Pegs wanted to create with Sabres when Pat Lafontaine was there with, Patty and Ted Black.

The only thing different in that scenario would be titles, and for whatever it's worth, I don't think Brandon's title would change from CEO.

Sorry, I can't get my reply to a specific post function to work ---

To Bandit:

On title, my guess (if he stays) his title would be President not CEO and they'd have a President, Football Operations as well. I've also heard, although the source is not well validated that Brandon really wants to go to NFL League offices, but perhaps a new owner/new stadium would be great time to for him to leave, but also a great time for him to stay. What I was told was "Russ knows he's most likely out after an ownership change, and he wants to go to league offices anyway". Again, I don't know this source well, so, I'll throw it out for what it's worth.

To The Dean:

What confused me with the current organizational chart is that it suggests that Brandon has responsibility for Whaley and Football Operations. We've discussed ad nauseum on the boards whether he has a say or doesn't have a say over football personnel. I'd just as soon not rehash that. I do know that under Pegula it would be clearer and cleaner and his role (if there was one) would have nothing to do with personnel.

Sorry, I can't get my reply to a specific post function to work ---

To Bandit:

On title, my guess (if he stays) his title would be President not CEO and they'd have a President, Football Operations as well. I've also heard, although the source is not well validated that Brandon really wants to go to NFL League offices, but perhaps a new owner/new stadium would be great time to for him to leave, but also a great time for him to stay. What I was told was "Russ knows he's most likely out after an ownership change, and he wants to go to league offices anyway". Again, I don't know this source well, so, I'll throw it out for what it's worth.

To The Dean:

What confused me with the current organizational chart is that it suggests that Brandon has responsibility for Whaley and Football Operations. We've discussed ad nauseum on the boards whether he has a say or doesn't have a say over football personnel. I'd just as soon not rehash that. I do know that under Pegula it would be clearer and cleaner and his role (if there was one) would have nothing to do with personnel.

FWIw, I have heard almost the exact opposite. The league and Russ want him to remain in charge. Obviously, it will be a little different because he won't be the one to sign off on the final decision as he is now. He will have tons of freedom but not carte blanche.

Whose position did I support that was untenable, unsupportable and unpopular with no basis in fact? For someone who claims they don't have time to post, you seem to be well-versed in how to do it, as well as internet slang!

wow you are argumentative aren't you. OK I'll type slowly so you don't have to read fast and miss anything.

#1 the OP, that the team is more vulnerable to being sold to someone who will move it. ( it is not), and there is 0 evidence to support that claim, I've already listed the reasons why, and I am not going to rehash them here. AS far as being unpopular I think that there are more people here that think that the team is safe, than there are fear mongering Trolls that insist that every development somehow has some dark sinister undertones that means that the sky is falling. or that the team is leaving.

#2 I don't usually have time to post HERE. I didn't say i didn't READ posts, and besides how hard can it be, you've managed to rack up over 400 posts.

I can't say I'm thrilled with any diversion of forces here... JK/Thurmal should be aligned with the best possible suitor (so far Pegula) and not have them bid against other. Pegula with the blessing of the fans and JK should be as ironclad as it can get. Why make more of a mess for the Trust?

During Jimbo's first press conference after he got out of the hospital (I think the day he spoke to team at mini camp), he said he was going to align with the one who has the best chance.

It kind of didn't make sense..........But, if that's really true, would that mean Trump or whoever it is today, has the best chance..........Or there just isn't room in the Pegula bid?

wow you are argumentative aren't you. OK I'll type slowly so you don't have to read fast and miss anything.

#1 the OP, that the team is more vulnerable to being sold to someone who will move it. ( it is not), and there is 0 evidence to support that claim, I've already listed the reasons why, and I am not going to rehash them here. AS far as being unpopular I think that there are more people here that think that the team is safe, than there are fear mongering Trolls that insist that every development somehow has some dark sinister undertones that means that the sky is falling. or that the team is leaving.

#2 I don't usually have time to post HERE. I didn't say i didn't READ posts, and besides how hard can it be, you've managed to rack up over 400 posts.

You should post more often.

How do you know that the Trust won't sell the team to anyone? Frankly, I'd like to see how it is worded in print. I don't trust anything that has to do with JP Morgan Chase. The Morgans and Rockefellers caused more harm in the world than any other entity on the face of the earth. Elites such as the Wilson ladies and the bankers at Morgan Stanley don't give a hoot about Buffalo or Bills fans. Might makes right and whomever has the most money has the might. The bidder who coughs up the most money or proposes to bilk the most financing for a new stadium will get to do whatever they want.

Yeah the Nazi's, Alqueda, ISUS, BOKA HAREM, POL POT, Hammas, etc, all AMATEURS, when compared to those guys.

Kirby -- that's possible, as I said, my source on Brandon's comments is not well validated i.e. I only met this person twice.

However, in regards to Pegula as owner, I was told by a very reliable source that Todd France would be in charge of Football Operations and Brandon would not be involved. I interpreted that as he was out of the organization, I didn't get to validate that specific interpretation yet, but I am now thinking it could simply mean that Brandon moves into a Ted Black type of role.

Edited by TXBILLSFAN

You should post more often.

At least you spelled "Pol Pot" right.

well If i could find ONE spelling that has been deemed correct for the other groups, I'd use them. but I've seen 12 differnt spellings for some of them al-queda is the worst.

Kirby -- that's possible, as I said, my source on Brandon's comments is not well validated i.e. I only met this person twice.

However, in regards to Pegula as owner, I was told by a very reliable source that Todd France would be in charge of Football Operations and Brandon would not be involved. I interpreted that as he was out of the organization, I didn't get to validate that specific interpretation yet, but I am now thinking it could simply mean that Brandon moves into a Ted Black type of role.

Todd France? The placekicker? What am I missing here?

OK, I think you may be talking about the agent. How is he qualified to be in charge of football operations? This is is a legit question. Other than being an agent, what are his qualifications?

Edited by The Dean

Todd was owner of France AllPro Athlete Management in Atlanta -- Pegula bought his company a couple years ago, at the time most thought nothing of it, but it was a way for Pegula to better learn the NFL. They represent NFL players.

Edited by TXBILLSFAN

I'm never the first to cast stones or call folks names.. You have called me a sock puppet, argumentative and a troll all because I have a different view than yours and 95% of the rest of our fellow Bills fan! I really must say that I think you are a sock puppet. Are you a member who was once banned? Oftentimes a cat will call the kettle black?

#1 the OP, that the team is more vulnerable to being sold to someone who will move it. ( it is not), and there is 0 evidence to support that claim,

Now that there are more than three bidders, the team is more vulnerable to being sold. How could it not be? What evidence is there to support a claim that it isn't??

You're almost up to 10 posts in just one thread. Patience, my young apprentice. Edited by distortions

Todd France? The placekicker? What am I missing here?

OK, I think you may be talking about the agent. How is he qualified to be in charge of football operations? This is is a legit question. Other than being an agent, what are his qualifications?

I don't think he's ever worked on the management side, but I think a top agent (and he is top notch) is a legitimate qualification for this job. The Phoenix Suns hired Lon Babby to be their president I believe.

I don't think he's ever worked on the management side, but I think a top agent (and he is top notch) is a legitimate qualification for this job. The Phoenix Suns hired Lon Babby to be their president I believe.

Although, of course, Babby was a collossal failure until a few years later when he hired a good GM.

Edited by Kelly the Dog