Training Camp tweets & media reports, week 3

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This from today's twitter, by a civilian (non-media):

"@XXX Ive been biggest EJ supporter from day 1. At what point does JT get a chance with first team. I say against Carolina. Scare EJ a bit. "

:facepalm:

%reasonstohatetwitter

This from today's twitter, by a civilian (non-media):

"@XXX Ive been biggest EJ supporter from day 1. At what point does JT get a chance with first team. I say against Carolina. Scare EJ a bit. "

:facepalm:

%reasonstohatetwitter

Is Tuel-for-starter going to be a thing again? Really?

This site needs an "EJ Meter" - a small Flash app that updates on his play in real-time throughout training camp based on twitter feedback. Sort of like a DEFCON 1-5 thing.

:lol:

Because it can be hard to get what happened from piecing the tweets togeter, here is all the 11-on-11 plays from 8/6 practice. The most significant thing IMO, was the second half of today's practice was the first time another QB got the same number of reps as EJ. Normally Thad and Tuel only get 25% each

EJ

1st team D

1) run

2) run

3) designed rollout, could have had sammy or woods, hit woods with nice throw, was the deeper option

4) looked like read option with handoff to cj

Thad

2nd team D

1) slant inc to eliot, def PI called

2) designed shovel pass no gain

3) short swing pass to brown

4) slant to eliot, nice breakup by 39

EJ

2nd team D

1) designed rollout hits mike w for 4 yards (cockrell tackle)

2) run

3) run

4) short completion to fullback in flat

Tuel

Mixed D, some starters (23,53,90)

1) short quick completion to wideout 87

2) unga gets beat, tuel runs around unga's man and finds hole, gains a few yards

3) run

4) short completion to frank the tank in flat

EJ

1st team D

1) stares down sammy on a 20 yard route, corey graham comes off man for easy pickoff

2) short completion to gragg

3) nice knockdown by gilmore on out to mike w

Thad

2nd team D, except 51

1) designed rollout, quick short out to eliot

2) pretty quick pressure, incomplete middle, may have been tipped

3) overthrow brown in flat

4) incomplete slant to 17, looked like thrown too high, but maybe could have been caught

EJ

mostly 2nd team D except 99,20,23

1) short flat route to chandler complete

2) sack by 99 the great, beat 74

3) chandler drops 5 yard pass crossing over middle

4) EJ scrambles, thinks sammy is going to go long but he was actually deking the DB and tried to go short, so throw way too far

Tuel

2nd string D except 53,37

1) scrambles right complete to graham on 12 yard out

2) D offside

3) sack, unblocked LB

4) nice 6 yard completion on 3rd-and-5 into tight window between 53 and 52

5) 20 yard sideline pass to 86, 47 able to tip it and cause 86 to drop it. Throw was a nice decision, 1st read was graham short and defender closed to him,

and tuel just threw it over him to second read

EJ

1st team D

1) sack by 99 the great

2) draw play to spiller, beaucoup yards because frank the tank stuffed rivers

3) hughes offside

4) short pass to chandler middle

5) fake pass, then handoff to cj

Tuel

2nd team D

1) run

2) run

3) steps up in pocket, 15 yard strike to tj on 2nd-and-8

4) 7 yard completion on 3rd-and-5 to easley on stop route

EJ

2nd team D except 20,99,23

1) nice catch by woods on 10 yard in, ball a bit high

2) completion to brown on outlet. wide open, gets first down on 2nd-and-7

99 trots off field

3) fake bubble screen and hand off

4) run, looked like designed outside

Tuel

2nd team D except 53

1) run from I, stuffed

2) quick pressure, good throwaway

3) scans field, gets pressured, runs for 1st down on 3rd-and-4

4) run up middle, stuffed

EJ

1st team D

1) sack, may have been on EJ, sammy was wide open early

2) run

3) defensive offside on 3rd-and-4

4) run, looked like freddy might have run for td

Tuel

2nd team D except 37,53

1) long pass to back of endzone, caught by easley but just out of bounds

2) run tfl by 53

3) steps up in pocket, throw rushed by 76, long to hogan in endzone, overthrown

4) read option, keeps but only gains 2 yards, DE played it well, stayed between QB and RB

EJ

2nd team D

1) run

2) overthrows 19 corner endzone

3) bad, bad INT

Dixon

1) fake reverse, complete to TE in flat

2) run

3) sack

EJ

1st team D, live goal line

1) left side of oline got push, frank the tank nice block, freddy runs for TD

2) dixon kept out by Duke Hitliams

Tuel

2nd team D, live goal line

1) quick hitter by FB, no gain. 76 seemed excited afterwards so he probably contributed

2) quick pressure, looked like good throwaway

Two possibilities about Hogan:

1) They are trying to get a really good look at him, see if he's really as reliable as he's appeared to be

2) Woods has some sort of behavioral problem that Marrone is disciplining. We've seen him throw a couple punches on the field now - in game and TC - maybe there's more going on we don't know about? Just spitballing, hope it's not the case.

Both of these are spot on.

They want Woods to play more angry. Coaches feel that he's too mild mannered out there, and isn't taking what could be his.

Plus they're kicking the tires on Hogan.

This is the only fan message board I have seen that posts play by play of practice. Detailed bunch!

Belichick says this board helps him more than video.

Well at least there won't be any more tweets until after the game.

As a side note, it's completely obvious a lot of these reporters have agendas and aren't just tweeting what they see. That's now 2 days in a row where I've read the play by play and it isn't as terrible as these tweets would have you believe. Plus I question some of their actual knowledge of whats going on. A couple tweets saying the throw to Mike Williams was horrible, he was open, etc. but then someone else tweets that it looked like Mike Williams ran the wrong route and didn't get deep enough into the route. It's crazy.

Well at least there won't be any more tweets until after the game.

As a side note, it's completely obvious a lot of these reporters have agendas and aren't just tweeting what they see. That's now 2 days in a row where I've read the play by play and it isn't as terrible as these tweets would have you believe. Plus I question some of their actual knowledge of whats going on. A couple tweets saying the throw to Mike Williams was horrible, he was open, etc. but then someone else tweets that it looked like Mike Williams ran the wrong route and didn't get deep enough into the route. It's crazy.

Spot on. It's parallel to those who claimed EJ was "staring down his targets" in the HOF game. Just a lack of understanding and/or an agenda to push.

Spot on. It's parallel to those who claimed EJ was "staring down his targets" in the HOF game. Just a lack of understanding and/or an agenda to push.

Social media + NFL preseason = absurdity

EJ Manuel's "here and there" struggles during this training camp possibly could be due in large part because he happens to be going against one of the best front four (and possibly defensively overall) in the entire league. So I really don't mind that he's struggling at times because the coaches can help him correct any glaring mistakes while this is all just practice. Think of how confident he'll be if he starts to light up our defense going into the season. He'll know that any team he faces won't be much better than what he's been facing all training camp.

This instant judging from "play by play" tweets stuff is ridiculous. Because if Manuel and the Bills offense lights up the Bears on opening day, a month and a half worth of board hand wringing melts away in three short hours. It would be the same thing if Manuel was playing "off the hook" in practice and falling flat on his face in the Chicago game. Nothing matters except for what he does in that first game. You can feel good or bad reading about his performance practices, but in the end, it's meaningless. Have fun reading about it, but let's put training camp in perspective. Trent Edwards was a great practice QB. I imagine if twitter were around a few years ago, many here would have predicted the Bills going to the Superbowl...LOL

Edited by 1billsfan

Social media + NFL preseason = absurdity

EJ Manuel's "here and there" struggles during this training camp possibly could be due in large part because he happens to be going against one of the best front four (and possibly defensively overall) in the entire league. So I really don't mind that he's struggling at times because the coaches can help him correct any glaring mistakes while this is all just practice. Think of how confident he'll be if he starts to light up our defense going into the season. He'll know that any team he faces won't be much better than what he's been facing all training camp.

This instant judging from "play by play" tweets stuff is ridiculous. Because if Manuel and the Bills offense lights up the Bears on opening day, a month and a half worth of board hand wringing melts away in three short hours. It would be the same thing if Manuel was playing "off the hook" in practice and falling flat on his face in the Chicago game. Nothing matters except for what he does in that first game. You can feel good or bad reading about his performance practices, but in the end, it's meaningless. Have fun reading about it, but let's put training camp in perspective. Trent Edwards was a great practice QB. I imagine if twitter were around a few years ago, many here would have predicted the Bills going to the Superbowl...LOL

I agree, and I contribute to it - thought it would be a fun way to keep track of camp, but it is been frustrating with the media deciding what they do and do not want to report for the sake of clicks.