Training Camp tweets & media reports, week 3

@mikerodak: Leodis McKelvin in a baseball hat tonight. Hasn't participated in team drills in over a week. Hip surgery still a factor

@AndyTWCNews: Leodis McKelvin warming up but no pads. Seems #Bills are taking cautious approach with starting CB. #BillsCamp http://t.co/xw7k8GZRHR

@thadbrown7: #Bills in helmets, shoulders and shorts tonite. Almost like a Thurs game wk so 2 days at Fisher may be on lite side

@thadbrown7: Recently, Marrone slowly giving more Belichick-like answers. But was only dabbing toe in water. Tonite he jumped in headfirst #billsmafia

@thadbrown7: For record questions from media were not Pulitzer winning by any stretch. Not antagonistic either. On mundane side but far from worst ever

@salmaiorana: If anyone wonders why you're not hearing much from #bills coach Doug Marrone, it's because he has decided not to cooperate with media.

@AndyTWCNews: When asked abt using Hogan over Woods as slot WR , Marrone said they're just trying to find best players. Hogan there to start prax tonight.

@leoroth: Something I've not seen before: Bills assistant coach wearing boxing gloves & trying to punch ball loose from RBs.#billswatch

@ChrisBrownBills: C Doug Legursky not going tonight. Likely replacement during team work is recent signee Jared Wheeler. #Bills

@salmaiorana: Marrone is conducting press conferences, but isn't saying anything that's useable in print or for a sound bite. No one quite understands why

@salmaiorana: Dont know. This camp he has decided to say nothing. It's embarrassing to franchise. Not a good message. RT @JDiProjetto: @salmaiorana why?

@salmaiorana: He's a very visible representative. Not a good face to show. RT @NickZelko: @salmaiorana @JDiProjetto why is it embarrassing to franchise?

@salmaiorana: It baffles me how the media is always the bad guy. We are the conduit from players/coaches to you fans. I'd think you'd want more from them

Hey Sal - how about some tweets about the actual team or practice?!

@buffalobills: Early in WR-CB 1-on-1s: @EJManuel3 connects with @CaveManMike19 on a deep TD down the sideline. Same route that was near-miss in HOF game.

@salmaiorana: Yes, snipe at me for letting you all know what's happening here. I'll go back to tweeting about exciting blocking sled drills.

Is this Sal Maiorana guy serious?? LOL...who is he and why is he offended by Marrone's brevity. If it was Bellicheat he would be lauded as cogent in his remarks...who the !@#$ is Sal Maiorana other than a "look at me, look at me" tweeting fool?

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully that's just a TC thing, that can't happen during the season - I mean, they HAVE to know. Maybe a test for the O?...

There is no reason to practice something different than how you plan to implement it in the game.

Likely coach Wheatley told his RBs to cheat in their alignment on passes to help with blitz pickup. They just can't cheat that much that it is a clear tell, which it clearly is at this point.

Is this Sal Maiorana guy serious?? LOL...who is he and why is he offended by Marrone's brevity. If it was Bellicheat he would be lauded as cogent in his remarks...who the !@#$ is Sal Maiorana other than a "look at me, look at me" tweeting fool?

He is a very grumpy reporter for rochester DC. Marrone was very short lately...however maiorana is such a bah humbug reporter. He is a miserable follow on twitter.

Edited by FluffHead

@buffalobills: .@CJSPILLER: "I'm a Buffalo Bill through and through. I love the people here, the organization"

Suuuure

@mikerodak: Word from the Bills is that Moeaki didn’t suffer a new injury. Plan was for him only to do individual drills tonight.

Lol

@salmaiorana: Marrone's presser Tuesday. http://t.co/MQCm8pOorv via @buffalobills

#free10

@buffalobills: .@robertwoods: "We're seeing the change from last year, when we break (routes), the ball is already in the air" http://t.co/3dKv3GSICT

@buffalobills: @EWood70: Lots of confidence in where offense is headed. Mistakes made today are correctable. Still early in the process. #BillsCamp

@buffalobills: .@EWood70: "We have to get a lot better, it's a good thing we have five preseason games" http://t.co/UOb5DKN2rM

@buffalobills: Kyle Williams on preseason: "It starts to build momentum, you learn how to finish, how to win situational football" http://t.co/nrtXWo5nQe

@buffalobills: .@CJSPILLER: "We can't have the mistakes you saw today ... we've made strides to get better"

@buffalobills: .@CJSPILLER: "I'm a Buffalo Bill through and through. I love the people here, the organization"

Suuuure

@mikerodak: Word from the Bills is that Moeaki didn’t suffer a new injury. Plan was for him only to do individual drills tonight.

Lol

@salmaiorana: Marrone's presser Tuesday. http://t.co/MQCm8pOorv via @buffalobills

You don't think CJ wants to be here?

Nope. Not just you. I laughed a couple of times. Sounded like a bunch of third string reporters asking stupid ass questions. The coach should not be required to do a press conference after a friggin practice. I loved his attitude. Ask a dumb question, you get a dumb answer.

@mikerodak: Robert Woods, Tony Moeaki, and other notes from Tuesday night’s Bills practice: http://t.co/n32MM8q1kM

@thadbrown7: CJ Spiller said all right things about trade rumors tonite. IMO, dumbest story of camp. Fans would burn Ralph to ground if #Bills trade CJ

You can tell the knowledge a writer has not by his ability to see the obvious issues but his inability to see the good, in particular the small nuanced things players do that are positive. This Road Hack guy is by far he worst guy covering camp. I'm not saying what he's posting isn't legit, but he rarely posts anything positive which I wonder if he's able to see. It's either master of the obvious by reporting details... Like Chris Williams hasn't been seen at RG in a week or entirely negative because he can't offer any knowledgable, intelligent, Xs and Os insight. I've seen his tweets posted throughout camp but I read his recap for the first time today and it's sadly a waste of ESPNs money because it's not worth ever going back to.

Edited by zonabb

Call it speculation or just plain guesswork, but I am confident Marrone's quick, snarky comments are solely attributable to the fact that the Toronto Group has been given another chance to submit a bid. Marrone favors El Pegual....Viva El Pegual.

Hogan in as the third receiver over woods again. Never was a hogan fan, but the couple practices I saw last week, the guy is a lock to make this team.

Practice and preseason is as much about evaluating players as it is getting ready to play.

Myself personally, I don't read to much into a player like Hogan with the 1st team because its the best way to evaluate him IMO.

Edited by Donald Duck

Call it speculation or just plain guesswork, but I am confident Marrone's quick, snarky comments are solely attributable to the fact that the Toronto Group has been given another chance to submit a bid. Marrone favors El Pegual....Viva El Pegual.

Doesn't really matter to Marrone, he can't coach both the Bills and the Sabres because they're in the same town.

Loved the Woods question - something like "people were surprised he played into the third quarter, why was that?" Marrone: "Because he was supposed to play in the third quarter"

Doesn't really matter to Marrone, he can't coach both the Bills and the Sabres because they're in the same town.

Loved the Woods question - something like "people were surprised he played into the third quarter, why was that?" Marrone: "Because he was supposed to play in the third quarter"

That was great. The other one was "What are some of the things you need to work on to win?" Answer: "Score more points than the other guy". And as for coaching hockey and football, Marrone has ties to Hamilton Ontario I believe.

I wonder what the run/pass ratio is in training camp. I bet that they pass a great deal more, meaning more of the D "pinning their ears back". Not making excuses if Rodaks analysis is correct, but with the piecemeal o-line, and the faux TC running game, seems a bit slanted.

Its not too far from 50-50, I've been surprised. However Kelso noticed there is a 'tell' if rb's line up slightly ahead of Qb its a pass

just wish i knew what front they were using darnit. heavy ? Smith ? Urbik at TE

Well Dixon is done so i hope they have a keen eye for some one before Lewis leaves

Looked better to me tonite than he has in awhile, no bouts with overthrows