Rob Johnson

major

I really wish Rob Johnson had won that Music City Miracle game. Even though I wanted Flutie to start that game, I still wish Rob had won- his whole career would have been different with that one win. I honestly believe we would have gone to the Super Bowl that year to play the Rams. Oh well, that's enough dreaming for tonight. Wish I could go back in my Delorean and change that game.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish Scott Norwood would have made that kick.

I wish Brett Hull didn't score that goal.*

I wish Drew Bledsoe and Co. could have beat Pittsburgh's bench.

I wish we weren't in the middle of a 14 year playoff drought.

I wish we knew for sure that the Bills were staying in Buffalo.

Anymore bad memories you want to bring up? Feel free.

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe

I wish Scott Norwood would have made that kick.

I wish Brett Hull didn't score that goal.*

I wish Drew Bledsoe and Co. could have beat Pittsburgh's bench.

I wish we weren't in the middle of a 14 year playoff drought.

I wish we knew for sure that the Bills were staying in Buffalo.

Anymore bad memories you want to bring up? Feel free.

At least the Bills that lost to the Steelers bench lost to "bench" players that later played a role in their (Steelers) SB win (Willie Parker and James Harrison). So while it looked awful at the time, it looks better in retrospect because they really lost to some talented guys. I like the OP's comment. I had the same thought back then and do now, that team was going to the Super Bowl if they had won that game.

Edited by RyanC883

Assistant HS football coach in Mission Viejo, CA

http://en.m.wikipedi...erican_football)

Yes, Rob is an assistant coach at MVHS which is 1 mile from my house. It's a perennial football powerhouse. Rob's father, Bob Johnson has won state championships at both MVHS and El Toro HS (3 miles north of MVHS) and is the only coach in CA to do that. On Bob's staff is Rob, his brother Brett (who supposedly was the better quarterback before being injured) and at least last year Keyshawn Johnson (not related :w00t: ). MVHS is also where Sanchez went to HS and where he held his Jersey Jerks West Coast Camp.

Back when Rob was playing for the Bills, his parents lived around the block from me. One of my daughter's first Halloween's she dressed up as a Bills cheerleader (the outfits made for toddlers, not quite the same as the real thing) and we went to their house as part of our trick or treating. I talked to his father for a few minutes, he gave us an autographed picture of Rob.