Rob Johnson

major

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His game against the Titans had to be among the 10 worst playoff performances of the decade in the NFL.

Nah. 65 QB rating. There were more than 10 worse performances. Just look across the line of scrimmage at Steve McNair's numbers that day. 24 pass attempts for 76 yards!

Best game I ever saw Johnson play was in our loss at San Diego in 2001. Took an absolute beating, but still threw for over 300 yards and had the team in position to win on a couple of occasions before our special teams failed him (that was the year of Jake Arians and like 10 return TDs against our ST). I gained a lot of respect for RJ that day. I always viewed that game kind of like his last stand. Pouring his guts out and losing like that seemed to suck the life out of him and he was terrible the next two weeks before getting injured again and giving way to AVP.

I love this thread. Pretty awesome.

FWIW, I completely agree. I am convinced we win it all that year. For anyone interested in picking a fight, Johnson played well in that Tenn game too. People tend to forget his GW drive.

Johnson that day: 10-22 for 137 yards; sacked six times for -35 yards; and lost two fumbles (one resulting in a safety). Average yards per pass play: 3.66.

The TEAM QB rating that day (which factors in sacks to passing plays) was 47.02.

Tennessee's pass defense that year: 25th in the league (out of 30 teams). They were 17th overall in defense.

He wasn't helped by his offensive line that day, but he was - as always - a core part of the sack problem too. Bottom line: he was dreadful that day except for one nice play near the end of the game -- a game in which the Bills #1 D did what it had to do to win.

Edited by dave mcbride