Just so that people understand....regarding batted passes

People do realize that most of the time (not always but most) that batted down passes are on the O line and not the QB?

Offensive linemen are taught to get the arms down of defensive linemen on pass plays....its football 101.

I didnt like the almost int that EJ through last night (although...lets be real...LOTS of good QB's throw almost int's).....but for some reason people are blaming EJ for the batted passes as well.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For those that Tivo'd the game.....go back and watch one of the swatted passes and look at Urbik's reaction afterwords....he knew that it was his responsibility to get the D linemen's hands down and didnt........and was upset after the play.

For the record....not saying that EJ played well....its really hard to say one way or the other on 7 passes.......but let me ask everyone. If Mike Willaims comes down with that TD....what are the impressions of EJ Manuel this morning?

For those that Tivo'd the game.....go back and watch one of the swatted passes and look at Urbik's reaction afterwords....he knew that it was his responsibility to get the D linemen's hands down and didnt........and was upset after the play.

For the record....not saying that EJ played well....its really hard to say one way or the other on 7 passes.......but let me ask everyone. If Mike Willaims comes down with that TD....what are the impressions of EJ Manuel this morning?

Or if Sammy doesn't hold up on the deep pass?

People do realize that most of the time (not always but most) that batted down passes are on the O line and not the QB?

Offensive linemen are taught to get the arms down of defensive linemen on pass plays....its football 101.

I didnt like the almost int that EJ through last night (although...lets be real...LOTS of good QB's throw almost int's).....but for some reason people are blaming EJ for the batted passes as well.

I know this may sound crazy, but. Manuels #1 and 2 WR were not on this team last year so could it also be the chemistry is still getting worked out.

At least one of the passes batted down last night was on Seantrel.

Yep, Seantrel moved in to help the guard (who didn't seem to need help) leaving JPP all by himself to swat one down. It was an odd rookie mistake. I had to watch it a few times - it was a head scratcher.

Naw. EJ is too short. Isn't that what they said about Flutie? #sorrycouldntresist ;-)

I actually dont think Sammy held up on the deep route...it looked to me like he got redirected a bit by the corner which altered his route and slowed him down......

That is gonna happen.....would have liked to see EJ get more chances to connect last night

Thanks - it seemed like Twitter exploded on EJ saying he overthrew Sammy. It seems that was not the case.

I know this may sound crazy, but. Manuels #1 and 2 WR were not on this team last year so could it also be the chemistry is still getting worked out.

Or maybe the Giants D has something to do with it? This is a different d from TC D obviously. A couple series going up against different d backs, d line....it's not enough to guage much of anything. It's way early.

This was one Preseason game.

This.

Williams mistimed his jump or that's 6. I bet they work on that play...but EJ learns to slightly under throw it and it is planned. I love the beef we have on both lines. If we are .500 going into November pray for snow so we can grind things out.

some bills fans won't be happy until we draft the next Peyton Manning or Brady and they perform like them from game #1

Batted balls are a concern, but overall EJ threw some nice passes that were just out of reach of DB's and the WR's did have chances to make the catch

I actually dont think Sammy held up on the deep route...it looked to me like he got redirected a bit by the corner which altered his route and slowed him down......

That is gonna happen.....would have liked to see EJ get more chances to connect last night

Sammy also allowed himself to get pinned by the sideline on that go route. Gotta bring that in a couple yards as you're not giving the QB any room for error.

GO BILLS!!!