Just so that people understand....regarding batted passes

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Perhaps Marrone will be prone to blame others but his QB, but he should get that out of his system quick. The O-line won't enjot that for long (see E. Wood after the Tampa game last year).

I love this school of thought. So by your logic, Andrew Luck who had 18 batted down passes his rookie year, stares down his receivers.

How about Matt Ryan, who had 16 last year?

EJ, in 10 games had 4....

But you've already made up your mind about EJ, so there's not point in having a rational discussion that it could in fact be the OL's fault.

If Luck stares down his receivers, he has a much better result while doing it, by that logic.

Perhaps Marrone will be prone to blame others but his QB, but he should get that out of his system quick. The O-line won't enjot that for long (see E. Wood after the Tampa game last year).

If Luck stares down his receivers, he has a much better result while doing it, by that logic.

WEO

I see that you have this strong desire to be right here no matter what.......but now your saying that the HC who has MUCH more experience with not only football then you (and me) but in particular offensive linemen doesnt know what he is talking about.....

Please just chew on that for a second?

WEO

I see that you have this strong desire to be right here no matter what.......but now your saying that the HC who has MUCH more experience with not only football then you (and me) but in particular offensive linemen doesnt know what he is talking about.....

Please just chew on that for a second?

John, coaches come and go. They are all geniuses when they get here, and bums when they go. You know all that.

I'm not doubting Marrone knows more about football than all of us combined. Whether he is a good HC in the NFL is still in doubt. Who he publicly choses to blame (or why he choses to publicly blame anyone, for that matter) is a calculated risk on his part. That is my point.

I'm just disagreeing with you. Relax..

sometimes I wonder what game people are watching.

The JPP swat was NOT on Henderson. He handled JPP that play, JPP took a drop step when he realized he wasn't getting any push. EJ threw it right at him...EJ's fault.

2nd swat was on Urbik.

Williams's near TD...tough to catch anything when the DB has your inside arm hooked.

Am I alone in seeing how dominant Stefan Charles was? Dude was in the backfield every play.

sometimes I wonder what game people are watching.

The JPP swat was NOT on Henderson. He handled JPP that play, JPP took a drop step when he realized he wasn't getting any push. EJ threw it right at him...EJ's fault.

2nd swat was on Urbik.

Williams's near TD...tough to catch anything when the DB has your inside arm hooked.

Am I alone in seeing how dominant Stefan Charles was? Dude was in the backfield every play.

The JPP play was just odd......Henderson SHOULD have been on JPP but instead went to help inside (when the OG didnt really need help)....had he been with JPP he probably doesnt swat that ball

I totally agree that Mike Williams was armbarred....should have been a flag and 1st and goal. I thought Ej put the ball right where it needed to be on that play

I was commenting on Charles last night......this guy should absolutely be the first reserve after Williams and Darius

For those that Tivo'd the game.....go back and watch one of the swatted passes and look at Urbik's reaction afterwords....he knew that it was his responsibility to get the D linemen's hands down and didnt........and was upset after the play.

For the record....not saying that EJ played well....its really hard to say one way or the other on 7 passes.......but let me ask everyone. If Mike Willaims comes down with that TD....what are the impressions of EJ Manuel this morning?

Even if Sammy & Williams caught those passes, that wouldn't have changed my impression. He just does not look comfortable and fluid as a QB, everything just looks forced. I was hoping to see him look like he can play...

I am neither an EJ hater, nor an apologist. I have been guilty in the past of getting my hopes up for a sh!tty QB; just not playing the game this time...

GG summed EJ up the best in the "Ej looked calm and in control thread"

Even if Sammy & Williams caught those passes, that wouldn't have changed my impression. He just does not look comfortable and fluid as a QB, everything just looks forced. I was hoping to see him look like he can play...

I am neither an EJ hater, nor an apologist. I have been guilty in the past of getting my hopes up for a sh!tty QB; just not playing the game this time...

Well at least you have an open mind. A lot of smart people make judgements after 1 season.

Moulds is a bust!

Well at least you have an open mind. A lot of smart people make judgements after 1 season.

Moulds is a bust!

Moulds sucked so bad his first couple seasons....

I have never said I am giving up on EJ. I am just concerned as hell; as it hurts this team in sooo many ways.

I have learned enough through the years that it is ok to be critical. I root for him every play. I say the positives and the negatives. At the times the guy can throw a great ball and make things happen, other times it is over thrown or short (it happens to almost every young QB).

Moulds sucked so bad his first couple seasons....

I have never said I am giving up on EJ. I am just concerned as hell; as it hurts this team in sooo many ways.

I have learned enough through the years that it is ok to be critical. I root for him every play. I say the positives and the negatives. At the times the guy can throw a great ball and make things happen, other times it is over thrown or short (it happens to almost every young QB).

Fair enough. And I get freakjng out after game 4 of the regular season. But after game 1 of a 5 game preseason? Personally, that mindset would make me go insane. But to each his own.

Personally, I love watching young players develop. It's the NFL. It's suppose to be hard. And while EJ certainly has his faults, I love the guy's mental makeup. Time will tell if he does.

Fair enough. And I get freakjng out after game 4 of the regular season. But after game 1 of a 5 game preseason? Personally, that mindset would make me go insane. But to each his own.

Personally, I love watching young players develop. It's the NFL. It's suppose to be hard. And while EJ certainly has his faults, I love the guy's mental makeup. Time will tell if he does.

I can deal with watching any position develop; except QB. I have been in Cali since 2010 so I haven't been to camp since '09. The reports are meh thus far and I was hoping that he would at least look more the part...That being said I wish they left him in longer; hopefully he plays a quite bit on Friday. The more he is on the field and plays against other teams the better....

I said in another thread, all we have is EJ; there is no other answer on this roster.

Im sorry but if that is ****ty QB play then there are literally only 5 qbs in the league that meet your expectations and your just setting yourself up for dissapointment.

Ely Manning looked like **** against our 1st team D.......and is a former Super Bowl QB.....does he also look forced?

I can deal with watching any position develop; except QB. I have been in Cali since 2010 so I haven't been to camp since '09. The reports are meh thus far and I was hoping that he would at least look more the part...That being said I wish they left him in longer; hopefully he plays a quite bit on Friday. The more he is on the field and plays against other teams the better....

I said in another thread, all we have is EJ; there is no other answer on this roster.

Reed but you do understand that the QB position is the one position that you HAVE to develop the most right?

I agree with this but not because it's in EJ's nature but because he tried to connect with his new WRs and had only one offensive series to do so.

Im sorry but if that is ****ty QB play then there are literally only 5 qbs in the league that meet your expectations and your just setting yourself up for dissapointment.

Ely Manning looked like **** against our 1st team D.......and is a former Super Bowl QB.....does he also look forced?

First, Eli is an int machine and he is not elite, good but not elite. He is also learning a new offense and our D is pretty good at pass rushing....

Trent Dilfer & Brad Johnson are also former SB winning QBs...Just because a QB played in a SB does not make him a good/great QB.

Second I am a lifelong Bills fan, do you really want to talk about setting yourself up for disappointment? LOL

Now, the only way to win in this league nowadays is with a QB; it is a QB driven league. You must have one. Why do the Pats* always beat our ass (besides cheating of course)? Why did we whoop everyone else asses in the 90's our QB was better than theirs...

I don't want us to be like the Bungles with Dalton or even the Cowgirls with Romo, good enough to keep but you aren't going anywhere with him. I also don't want us to be like the Jags or Vikes and draft another QB a few years after and we now have to replace other younger players as contracts are coming due and we can't afford them all. Again more wasted time. My goal isn't just getting playoffs, you play to win the whole damn thing and that is what our blue print needs to be.

All in on EJ is the right move, we don't have the time to develop 2 and an experienced backup is a controversy waiting to happen. Could you imagine we had Vick or similar? Look at what this board is like with Tuel. If EJ isn't the guy, we don't have his replacement on our roster. Wait to you see the board if we do an RG3 trade in 2016 for a QB. Last year we went for a QB, honestly I wouldn't have chosen any of them - I see it as another busted class.

Another comment is that our coaches have sucked this century as well and yes I know that things seem to be turning around. Hackett didn't impress much last year and don't get me started on Crossman. I am not sure if Hacket and our new QB coach are the right people to help EJ; I hope they are, but I am skeptical. Stafford is is an int machine as well.

We can all say this is a different time, but we have said that in the past too...I root and hope like everyone else and want nothing more than to see the Bills win, but EJ needs to progress. His camp reports have been iffy and his play, yes just a couple series and a few throws in the game feels just like last year and he needs to progress this year...

Yeah I do have high expectations of QB play, why do we have to settle for mediocrity? As fans of this team, we have grown accustomed to Collins, Van Pelt, Johnson, Flutie, old and decrepit Bledsoe, JP, Edwards, Holcumb, Fitz and everyone is either a "hater" or "apologist". Since when is it a bad thing to actually hope we have a winner for a QB? Since when is it a bad thing to say his play has been concerning to date (some good and some bad)? A few mis-fires or mis-reads are expected, his stature and presence in the pocket is lacking, he stares his WRs down and he looks like a robot out there...he doesn't look like he "plays" the game.

Call me a concerned fan :oops:

Reed but you do understand that the QB position is the one position that you HAVE to develop the most right?

Do you think we have the right coaches to develop him?

I agree with this but not because it's in EJ's nature but because he tried to connect with his new WRs and had only one offensive series to do so.

Did he look any different than last season? How have his camp reports been thus far? He has played with these WRs in Camp, Sammy and Williams may be new, but Woods (who played with the 2nd stringers) and the rest were on the squad last year too...

What about not adjusting after the 1st blocked pass, or even the second? What about staring his WRs down?

It is like you can't even discuss or share concerns, either you hate or are an apologist..How many times have we all hoped that x QB would develop and ended up with the same result???

Damn I sound sooo jaded :bag:

First, Eli is an int machine and he is not elite, good but not elite. He is also learning a new offense and our D is pretty good at pass rushing....

Trent Dilfer & Brad Johnson are also former SB winning QBs...Just because a QB played in a SB does not make him a good/great QB.

Second I am a lifelong Bills fan, do you really want to talk about setting yourself up for disappointment? LOL

Now, the only way to win in this league nowadays is with a QB; it is a QB driven league. You must have one. Why do the Pats* always beat our ass (besides cheating of course)? Why did we whoop everyone else asses in the 90's our QB was better than theirs...

I don't want us to be like the Bungles with Dalton or even the Cowgirls with Romo, good enough to keep but you aren't going anywhere with him. I also don't want us to be like the Jags or Vikes and draft another QB a few years after and we now have to replace other younger players as contracts are coming due and we can't afford them all. Again more wasted time. My goal isn't just getting playoffs, you play to win the whole damn thing and that is what our blue print needs to be.

All in on EJ is the right move, we don't have the time to develop 2 and an experienced backup is a controversy waiting to happen. Could you imagine we had Vick or similar? Look at what this board is like with Tuel. If EJ isn't the guy, we don't have his replacement on our roster. Wait to you see the board if we do an RG3 trade in 2016 for a QB. Last year we went for a QB, honestly I wouldn't have chosen any of them - I see it as another busted class.

Another comment is that our coaches have sucked this century as well and yes I know that things seem to be turning around. Hackett didn't impress much last year and don't get me started on Crossman. I am not sure if Hacket and our new QB coach are the right people to help EJ; I hope they are, but I am skeptical. Stafford is is an int machine as well.

We can all say this is a different time, but we have said that in the past too...I root and hope like everyone else and want nothing more than to see the Bills win, but EJ needs to progress. His camp reports have been iffy and his play, yes just a couple series and a few throws in the game feels just like last year and he needs to progress this year...

Yeah I do have high expectations of QB play, why do we have to settle for mediocrity? As fans of this team, we have grown accustomed to Collins, Van Pelt, Johnson, Flutie, old and decrepit Bledsoe, JP, Edwards, Holcumb, Fitz and everyone is either a "hater" or "apologist". Since when is it a bad thing to actually hope we have a winner for a QB? Since when is it a bad thing to say his play has been concerning to date (some good and some bad)? A few mis-fires or mis-reads are expected, his stature and presence in the pocket is lacking, he stares his WRs down and he looks like a robot out there...he doesn't look like he "plays" the game.

Call me a concerned fan :oops:

Do you think we have the right coaches to develop him?

Did he look any different than last season? How have his camp reports been thus far? He has played with these WRs in Camp, Sammy and Williams may be new, but Woods (who played with the 2nd stringers) and the rest were on the squad last year too...

What about not adjusting after the 1st blocked pass, or even the second? What about staring his WRs down?

It is like you can't even discuss or share concerns, either you hate or are an apologist..How many times have we all hoped that x QB would develop and ended up with the same result???

Damn I sound sooo jaded :bag:

Damn Reed....that is a lot

- First....and off the top. I am in no way not calling you a true bills fan.

- You say that we need a QB....but in our conversation the names came up of at least 3 QB's come up in the conversation......EJ Manuel does NOT have to become a top 5 QB in order for this team to win the Super Bowl

- The patriots are brought up.....but what teams have been a thorn in the patriots side.......The GIANTS.......and the JETS....never of those teams had top 5 QBs