The official HOF game second half thread

Yeah, this had been my question. Pears has looked OK, but Henderson has looked really, really good facing off against some of the best DE's in the game (Mario and JPP) I would love to see him at RT.

This could be a beautiful thing. (Hoping he can get past the need for weed.)

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if starting M. Williams ahead of Woods has to do with Woods superior maturity and the need to keep Williams engaged in a positive way (you know, out of the police blotter and all). I know, the best players should play, but sometimes coaches at all levels have to be therapists as well as coaches/teachers. Regardless, I love our top three WR's, then bring in Goodwin for speed and that gets dangerous!

I wonder if starting M. Williams ahead of Woods has to do with Woods superior maturity and the need to keep Williams engaged in a positive way (you know, out of the police blotter and all). I know, the best players should play, but sometimes coaches at all levels have to be therapists as well as coaches/teachers. Regardless, I love our top three WR's, then bring in Goodwin for speed and that gets dangerous!

I like them too. I think had Williams timed his leap for EJ's pass a little better, people'd be whistlin' dixie right about now.

I have BIG questions about Goodwin's ability to stay on the field.

But he has track speed that translates to the field and there's no way DC's can ignore that if the QB is able to get him the ball.

I like them too. I think had Williams timed his leap for EJ's pass a little better, people'd be whistlin' dixie right about now.

I have BIG questions about Goodwin's ability to stay on the field.

At least he threw the ball where the receiver had a chance to make a play. None of that 8 yards out of bounds stuff. That's encouraging given our WR's.

I know Goodwin has been dinged, but he doesn't look like a guy with a slight build, so I am hopeful. He appears fairly muscular in fact, though I could be way off.

I think Henderson has typical LT skills and body, not sure how he'd look at RT but I would like it, if he is a fit and stays clean.

Look at our own D, we have Mario facing the right tackle. I think the tackle position is leveling out in terms of need for skill sets. Seantrel played very well from what I saw. Just stay clean and enjoy an amazing life. The alternative is much less appealing.

Branch looked horribly out of shape and crappy- from what I saw

That's what I saw in preseason last year. I predicted Branch might get cut, then surprisingly he really turned it on game 1. I think he just doesn't like (playing in) the offseason, and likely doesn't hide that from the coaches. No one on the Bills expressed any concern about him, and they were right; he was fine. As far as I can tell, it's the same thing again this year.

Could be...And Williams is a proven NFL WR so I doubt anyone would have much of a problem with that...

The problem comes if Hogan is on the field instead of Woods... B-)

Watching the post game on NFLN and Brian billick blamed the missed long pass From EJ to Watkins... On Sammy. He said EJ had it timed perfectly but Sammy pinned himself to the sideline, may have worked at Clemson but won't in NFL. Interesting.

Also, MT @mikerodak: Doug Marrone says his tablet did not work in first half tonight. NFL implementing that tonight

!

@JonahJavad: Q: "Any injuries?" Doug Marrone: "Seantrel [Henderson] sweated a lot..." #Bills #HOFGame

It did look like a clear overthrow, but perhaps Watkins made a mistake earlier in his route (i.e. getting pinned on the sidelines) that made him late to his spot. Dunno.

So we are doomed b/c Ej went 2 for 7, in two series in an EXTRA preseason game? 3 of those incompletions were batted passes from ej putting too much on the ball resulting In lower trajectory. This game was an extra preseason game. It was an extra opportunity for the coaching staff to evaluate the bottom of the roster. If Marrone and co. We're worried about ej they would have left him in there.

Your reading comprehension needs a lot of work. That, or when you don't like someone else's opinion you overstate it in an attempt to make them seem unreasonable. Neither reflects well.

Seantrel curiously disengaged from JPP right before he batted one of those passes.

I guess that explains Marrone comments on laying blame for batted passes in the line and not just the QB.

i need to ask, did anyone else like what they saw from duke williams?

I did, very much so! That was one of the big things I got out of watching the second half. I was unimpressed last year, but didn't expect much. It takes awhile to shift to NFL speed/strength/complexity.

i need to ask, did anyone else like what they saw from duke williams?

Sure did see and like what I saw. Not only the big hit, but also saw a couple of other plays where he displayed range and good tackling. Other random observations:

- Front 4 were very good led by KyleW. Branch was invisible

- LBs did a decent job. Saw Preston Brown unable to disengage from his blocker and miss on a tackle

- SentrealH was very good on the blind side. Did not look like a rookie, much less a 7th round pick

- Kouandjio struggled mightily in the beginning, came back to make a couple of decent blocks. Still looks to be a big work in progress

- Saw Chris Williams miss on a block that allowed pressure on EJ

- Woods was very good though not sure why he wasnt with the ones

- EJ wasnt going through progressions despite the good OL performance. Dude needs to stop thinking and just play

Sure did see and like what I saw. Not only the big hit, but also saw a couple of other plays where he displayed range and good tackling. Other random observations:

- LBs did a decent job. Saw Preston Brown unable to disengage from his blocker and miss on a tackle

- SentrealH was very good on the blind side. Did not look like a rookie, much less a 7th round pick

- Kouandjio struggled mightily in the beginning, came back to make a couple of decent blocks. Still looks to be a big work in progress

- EJ wasnt going through progressions despite the good OL performance. Dude needs to stop thinking and just play

Media speculation has been : 1) Marrone doesn't want his 1st team offense as a whole on film, 2) Marrone wanted to see if Hogan could get separation on 1st team DBs and is tinkering. Knows what Woods can do.

i mostly agree with everything. i'm hoping that duke wins the start over seacry, since seacry isn't great in coverage.

i also don't know if i would say the o-line did well. there were a lot of mistakes which didn't help with the batted passes. ej wasn't perfect, but that didn't help.

Media speculation has been : 1) Marrone doesn't want his 1st team offense as a whole on film, 2) Marrone wanted to see if Hogan could get separation on 1st team DBs and is tinkering. Knows what Woods can do.

I don't know...Maybe it's just me...But it just seems...at times...Marrone and Hackett are over-thinkers...If Hogan is running vs 1st team DB's that means Woods, Watkins, or Williams is on the sidelines (it was Woods yesterday...Hogan came in at the slot on the Bills first two 3rd Down plays) unless there are 4 WR's on the field...So...Why?...OK it's preseason...Fine...But Murph has been hyping up Hogan as the starter in the slot for over a week now...So he must be running with the 1's a lot in Camp too...Again...Why?

And every time I see Chris Hogan on the field I'm just not overly impressed...Especially with his short-area quickness...I don't question whatsoever that the guy is a super hard worker...That seems obvious...And I realize you need guys like that on every roster...I'm not trying to say the kid is useless...He legitimately has a chance to make this Roster again...But you have to have serious quicks to be a successful slot WR in the NFL...Hogan is a mini-camp, camp, and practice legend...But beyond that I've yet to see what all the excitement is about...Robert Woods has already proven he can make big plays in NFL games...Why try to get cute? Get Woods in there...No way should Hogan be on the field in lieu of Robert Woods... B-)