The official HOF game second half thread

Watching the post game on NFLN and Brian billick blamed the missed long pass From EJ to Watkins... On Sammy. He said EJ had it timed perfectly but Sammy pinned himself to the sideline, may have worked at Clemson but won't in NFL. Interesting.

Also, MT @mikerodak: Doug Marrone says his tablet did not work in first half tonight. NFL implementing that tonight

!

@JonahJavad: Q: "Any injuries?" Doug Marrone: "Seantrel [Henderson] sweated a lot..." #Bills #HOFGame

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching the post game on NFLN and Brian billick blamed the missed long pass From EJ to Watkins... On Sammy. He said EJ had it timed perfectly but Sammy pinned himself to the sideline, may have worked at Clemson but won't in NFL. Interesting.

Also this-

@BuffRumblings: That's why Manuel looked iffy. MT @mikerodak: Doug Marrone says his tablet did not work in first half tonight. NFL implementing that tonight

!

@JonahJavad: Q: "Any injuries?" Doug Marrone: "Seantrel [Henderson] sweated a lot..." #Bills #HOFGame

I wonder if I can see a replay of that throw somehow. Looked like a clear overthrow to me.

Stupid computers!

Also, MT @mikerodak: Doug Marrone says his tablet did not work in first half tonight. NFL implementing that tonight

!

That is interesting....

I wonder if I can see a replay of that throw somehow. Looked like a clear overthrow to me.

Stupid computers!

i thought so too, Sammy had his man beat too. Billick was insistent though - said it twice.

@mikerodak: Robert Woods asked if he was told why he didn't start but was in game into 3rd. Says "no" and smiles

Okay I know we all liked what we saw from brown (even though he was playing third stringers) but I liked what I saw from CJ and Fred. Fred had a nice run, CJ had one run for like 0 yards, maybe 1. Anyway! when CJ was in I felt like a lot of pressure was off of EJ because people were watching CJ on the screen game. I think this is going to be a fun offence!

Gold Stars: Henderson, Brown, Woods

I know it's only preseason, but that's not what anybody wanted to see out of EJ. Thad may have regressed to the point that he won't make the roster. Doug Whaley will probably need a few stiff drinks to fall asleep tonight.

Unless it's a fly pattern, TJ Graham simply cannot gain any separation. Every ball thrown his way is a pick waiting to happen. It's time to part ways.

Gold Stars: Henderson, Brown, Woods

I know it's only preseason, but that's not what anybody wanted to see out of EJ. Thad may have regressed to the point that he won't make the roster. Doug Whaley will probably need a few stiff drinks to fall asleep tonight.

Unless it's a fly pattern, TJ Graham simply cannot gain any separation. Every ball thrown his way is a pick waiting to happen. It's time to part ways.

Honestly what happened to Thad?

!

A) When the pass was in the air Sammy seemed to show his speed and separated. Until then he kind of looked like a horse in a race that gets trapped along the rail. He could have run by him if he had room. At least, that's what we thought on the first couple looks at the play.

B) That's my kind of injury report. I declare victory! (Yeah, I want them to learn to win, but as Tony Dungy and others have said, the best ability is availability!) Five preseason games is too much, in my opinion.

Edited by Augie

@mikerodak: Robert Woods asked if he was told why he didn't start but was in game into 3rd. Says "no" and smiles

Maybe it's nothing...We'll see...

But I have to say...When I see things like this it just adds to my concerns about Marrone/Hackett, and their ability to make the right decisions...The minute I heard Murph pumping up Hogan as the starter in the slot last week I was worried...I wonder sometimes why...at least it seems like...they are trying to get too cute...If the Bills have 3 WR's on the field at once, at least the majority of the time, it should be Watkins, Williams, and Woods...Period...If you want to experiment beyond that fine...But if Chris Hogan is on the field in lieu of Robert Woods that is a problem IMHO...We'll see where it goes from here... B-)

EJ Manuel has to play better. Period. I don't care if it's "only" training camp, "only" the first preseason game, only the fifth preseason game or whatever. He has to show progress. He has not done that at all. If anything he looked worse. He just locked on his target. 3 batted balls on 7 attempts? That's all first week OTA rookie garbage. Bills have serious talent at WR and RB, they finally have depth on the OL. D looks like it will be good. It's all there to make a playoff run but ultimately it all rests on the QB. Now we will hear all the excuses. He's rusty. It's only the first preseason game. It's the OL's fault. It's the WR's fault. The tablets didn't work. Could write a book on how it's everyone else's fault except the QB. I hope the rust is off, the tablets work and the OL and WR's stop making mistakes by Friday.