Worst Game in Bills History

Given the popularity of "Most Exciting Bills Game" I felt this thread was needed to do justice to our suffering.

I think a better title would be "Dullest Bills Game Ever" if you want the opposite of "exciting".

The heartbreaking losses are well known, and have been discussed countless times. Everyone seems anxious to bring them up at any chance. The Dallas MNF loss was exciting, definitely not the opposite.

The real drag for me as a fan is watching boring games. Losing is bad enough, but boring and losing is unforgivable.

The MNF game against Cleveland takes it for me. The national audience just gives it a big edge. They bored a nation.

Edited by HoF Watkins

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Though the Bills won, surprised nobody mentioned the '87 Classic 6-3 OT win for the counterfeit Bills over the Giants.

No score until the 4th and missed field goals everywhere. The 2 worst scab squads put on one for the ages.

3 posts above yours

6-3 OT vs Giants Replacement Players in 1987 had to be the worst.

Bills beat the LA Raiders 51-3 in the AFC Championship game.

They think they are invincible. Everyone does. They go out partying and do not take the Super Bowl time as serious as they should and they have a pushover crap coach who cannot keep them in check either.

That pure domination of a game contributed to the reckless behavior that was displayed. Maybe if they grinded out a win, the Bills would have beat the Giants?

This is a bad, bad turnout for this game.

Edited by Security

3 posts above yours.

Sorry 'bout that. Saw you mention the 2 Cleveland games and didn't notice the 3rd game mentioned there. :oops:

A truly brutal game that very few sat through. The redeeming factor for that game is several of the few I know who watched it were Jints fans. :thumbsup:

Oh I don't know, the Patriots dropping more than 50 on us, at home, in prime time, and going for on 4th day in the redzone up by more than 20 at that point was a particularly bad game.

How can a game where a team scored 50 plus be the "worst" game the Bills have played in? Sounds like one team was playing pretty well...

Playoff vs Tennessee. Enough said. If Flutie starts the Bills win easily, if they don't squib kick we still win. The pain still lingers today.

Great game! Down to the wire. Truly one of the most exciting games in Bills history.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Great game! Down to the wire. Truly one of the most exciting games in Bills history.

I suppose by worst I mean one of the most heartbreaking losses and that includes terrible coaching decisions that led to the bad defeat. Considering it's a playoff game I think that adds to it's case as one of the worst losses.

Though the Bills won, surprised nobody mentioned the '87 Classic 6-3 OT win for the counterfeit Bills over the Giants.

No score until the 4th and missed field goals everywhere. The 2 worst scab squads put on one for the ages.

Willie Totten at QB for the Bills and by the end of the game Parcells was so frustrated that he had Lawrence Taylor playing QB. Taylor had crossed the picket line.

This one really bothers me: http://www.pro-footb...00012030buf.htm . I think I remember Wade giving a pathetic interview at the half using injuries as an excuse. Injuries are never an excuse. They happen to every team. Showed me he didn't have the attitude to be a HC. Would you ever see Parcells blaming injuries. Oh yeah getting picked apart by Jay Fiedler drove me nuts too. What a pathetic excuse he was for an NFL QB.

Edited by MrLocke

These are such random games. How about Super Bowl XXV? If we're only talking new school, I'd have to go with the 6-3 game, the opening Monday Night loss at New England, the Monday Night Dallas loss, last play losses at home to Denver, Jacksonville and Tennessee, the multi-fumble game against Atlanta last year, etc., etc., etc. We weren't beating the Saints that day, I don't care about that punt call.

I guess for me its not the individual game so much, its the frustration that builds over time about a certain aspect of the organization that's reflected in the game. Like jauron's p%#&* @$$ play calling, putting the players in a position to fail. I can deal with losing if we're making the choices and taking the chances needed to win. The building frustration reflected in the loss to Dallas was gaileys pig headed commitment to Fitz, and ralph/nix pigheaded commitment to gailey

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

MNF against the 49ers where we lost 35-0. It's was such a joke that the commentators had a tough time watching. It wasn't even a contest and the 49ers stopped trying at half time. There was literally nothing we could do against them.

It was men vs baby girls

This is a less expensive alternative than therapy. I hope no one has any serious flashbacks leading to a downhill spiral. Titans "illegal forward pass game" would be the one my kids would chose for me. I was pacing and telling everyone it was NOT over. While they are Bills fans, I think the evil little buggers would take that loss for the pure entertainment value of my misery. The kids are too young to know about all the pain that came before that day. I can't choose....

6-3 vs Cleveland was almost the death of football. That was a black eye on the sport. The winning QB, Derek Anderson, was 2-17 with 23 yards and an INT.

Trent's last 2 games in a Bills uniform were some of the most pathetic games I can recall. There was the Miami opener where the Bills managed 3 points for the first 55 minutes of game time and ended with a safety courtesy of our franchise long snapper and punter. Next week was the 34-7 drubbing by the Pack where Trent effectively ended his Bills career running out of bounds on 4th and 11 down by 28 points.

6-3 vs Cleveland was almost the death of football. That was a black eye on the sport. The winning QB, Derek Anderson, was 2-17 with 23 yards and an INT.

Trent's last 2 games in a Bills uniform were some of the most pathetic games I can recall. There was the Miami opener where the Bills managed 3 points for the first 55 minutes of game time and ended with a safety courtesy of our franchise long snapper and punter. Next week was the 34-7 drubbing by the Pack where Trent effectively ended his Bills career running out of bounds on 4th and 11 down by 28 points.

Edwards running out of bounds on 4th down may be the worst play in the history of the franchise.

how does a play like that even happen? How do you face your teammates in the locker room after that?

Edwards running out of bounds on 4th down may be the worst play in the history of the franchise.

how does a play like that even happen? How do you face your teammates in the locker room after that?

I live in the heart of Packer country, they had stopped laughing at me well before that. But I agree, that was the worst execution of a football play by an individual.... ever