A Little Update For All Who Were On The Nassib Bandwagon

H2o

He may have looked good playing against bad college teams. The guy has no business in the NFL.

Yup, he certainly has no business playing in the NFL...

2014 Preseason stats:

38/60, 481 yards, 5 TD's, 0 ints

It is only preseason and it has been against backups but he's looking significantly better this year. I wasn't here at the time last year, but i was one that wanted the Bills to draft him. I am happy they went with EJ, but I still think Nassib could do alright in the right system, which it looks like he's in now.

FTR, I am a Syracuse homer.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember reading the article on ESPN that said there was no way he stays on NY roster...."Lucky to be a 3rd stringer"

Wow, were they wrong

You can believe what you want but this guy eventually ends up on the Bills roster.

As long as Doug Marrone doesn't get fired...lol

Edited by HOUSE

I watched the Giants-Jets replay today, and man did Nassib look impressive. Granite, it was against 3rd-4th string defenders, but irregardless, it is clear that he has improved greatly from last season to this. He seems to really have a solid grasp of the offense, he looks comfortable in the pocket, and he is throwing lasers out there. Did he do something with his throwing motion? He looks completely different, IMO.

How Nassib got his groove back...

Yup, he certainly has no business playing in the NFL...

2014 Preseason stats:

38/60, 481 yards, 5 TD's, 0 ints

It is only preseason and it has been against backups but he's looking significantly better this year. I wasn't here at the time last year, but i was one that wanted the Bills to draft him. I am happy they went with EJ, but I still think Nassib could do alright in the right system, which it looks like he's in now.

FTR, I am a Syracuse homer.

He certainly looks a lot better than last year with clear progress in his pocket presence.

This is just a favor to you johnny hammer stick: you mean granted not granite. Granite is what you use as a counter top.

Don't let this affect your self of steam

Edited by WotAGuy

Gruden said he was the most NFL ready qb in the draft. I posted that he was worth a 4th round pick, but we passed and took Duke Williams.

I remember getting crushed on this board by a lot of dudes that said it would ruin EJ's confidence and Nassib sucked anyway.

Here we sit with zero QB depth.

I root for Duke to contribute and hope that he will someday. He had a monster hit in one game and he was a stud in college, but he's not good enough to start and I still can't understand how the upside of a potential solid NFL qb is outweighed by a 4th round safety.

Add the fact that our freshman OC and HC already had a strong relationship with him, it seems like a worthy risk. Maybe not 3rd round, but 4th round? really?

I wish we were saying this about EJ...

EJ had 10 games, Nassib had how many?

And that's the rub. Some young QBs do improve. But when do you pull the plug on the ones that don't after they hit their ceiling?

And that's the rub. Some young QBs do improve. But when do you pull the plug on the ones that don't after they hit their ceiling?

The answer should be very quickly. but some teams will just stay with them a couple years longer than they should...

Granted players improve at different rates, but you still expect to see some improvement...not just more of the same

The answer should be very quickly. but some teams will just stay with them a couple years longer than they should...

Granted players improve at different rates, but you still expect to see some improvement...not just more of the same

I think you mean granite?

I root for Duke to contribute and hope that he will someday. He had a monster hit in one game and he was a stud in college, but he's not good enough to start and I still can't understand how the upside of a potential solid NFL qb is outweighed by a 4th round safety.

Or a 3d round WR with hands of stone. It is the story of this franchise.

If they have hit their ceiling and their ceiling isn't at least above average then you pull the plug ASAP.

Our options, if EJ doesn't improve will be:

Live with EJ for 2014.

Live with Tuel for 2014.

Live with Thaddeus for 2014.

Raid the scrap heap for someone after cuts.

Trade for someone's backup.

Our options for 2015 are:

Live with EJ for 2015.

Bring in a vet who can challenge for the starting position.

Trade for a vet who can challenge for the starting position.

Draft a QB in 2015 though it won't be higher than the second round.

I really hope that the light comes on for EJ because there are no quick fixes here.