A Little Update For All Who Were On The Nassib Bandwagon

H2o

Wade Wilson, Trent Dilfer? Really? Boy, our future looks bright.

As for Kurt Warner, he really has no equal in history. And if you're talking about him going to Arizona, as opposed to him going the Rams, what QB who has won multiple SBs will be available this offseason?

Warner was a lesser Manning in that measure - you already listed him. In fairness to your argument, I don't know if I'd call Brees a veteran when he went to NO. If Brees is a vet, then we should add Steve Young too.

Wilson and Dilfer both went to SB's for their new teams. Wilson led a top offense in OAK - he was very good. It happens.

You said it rarely works out, then listed 2 of your own, I've now added 4 more so we have six easy, making you seem pretty off base.

Define rare?

Edited by BobChalmers

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warner was a lesser Manning in that measure - you already listed him. In fairness to your argument, I don't know if I'd call Brees a veteran when he went to NO. If Brees is a vet, then we should add Steve Young too.

Wilson and Dilfer both went to SB's for their new teams. Wilson led a top offense in OAK - he was very good. It happens.

You said it rarely works out, then listed 2 of your own, I've now added 4 more so we have six easy, making you seem pretty off base.

Define rare?

Why would you not call Brees a vet when he went to NO, he had already played five years in San Diego. The average NFL lifetime is less than that.

There's no reason to capitalize "sake" in the above post.

Actually I looked it up before posting, and found the phrase was capitalized in about 90% of the listings. Since it is slang phrase I went with the most common usage. Dammit Captain, I'm a fan, not an English major!

Ha ha. I am in a mood today myself. Like everyone I am just concerned. As you said the preseason has sucked. Do I hope that we come out firing on all cylinders - you betcha!

I won't give up on the season, but am anxious to see how things play out. More than anything I want EJ to be the guy...

These 14 years have driven most fans to the extremes. If it was onnly 3-4 years I think there would be considerably more patience. Fairness aside, all of the futility falls on these players shoulders as we will crawl up from the sewage with them...

inspiring list

I don't expect to see huge leaps and bounds in progress. He is a developmental QB, but I do expect to see some - thus far...S.S.D.D.

Man I seem to agree with a lot of your post in the last few days.

Just a little note for those of you wishing we had other teams second string QB's because they did so well against Second string defenses.

Manuel went 6/6 for 88 yards and a td in the 3rd quarter.

Following drive he want 4/4 for 43 yards. (Fred Jackson running TD.)

So against 2nd stringers Manuel totaled 10/10 for 131 yards and a TD in less than a quarter.

I have no doubt that if Manuel was on another team as second string, and we had one of the other young QB's, we would be pointing to Manuel going "Look at this guy! Why didn't we know to get him!"

But second-string QB's don't play with the entire first team offense against the second string. That's not really a fair comparison.

The Newark Star-Ledger's Jordan Raanan said Giants QB Ryan Nassib "was a train wreck during Friday's practice."

"One 8-yard throw to the far side probably missed his receiver by eight yards," Raanan said. "Nassib needs to get it together." The Giants will give every opportunity to a player they spent a fourth-round pick on just one year ago, but Nassib may not have the talent to capitalize. With New York traditionally only keeping two quarterbacks, Nassib is staring into the very real possibility he is cut.

http://www.nj.com/gi...stock_down.html

Thank God we didn't take him. This place would've imploded by now. :thumbsup:

EJ is continually having "great practices".... so what??? It sure as heck is NOT reflecting in the play on game day.

Ha ha. I am in a mood today myself. Like everyone I am just concerned. As you said the preseason has sucked. Do I hope that we come out firing on all cylinders - you betcha!

I won't give up on the season, but am anxious to see how things play out. More than anything I want EJ to be the guy...

These 14 years have driven most fans to the extremes. If it was onnly 3-4 years I think there would be considerably more patience. Fairness aside, all of the futility falls on these players shoulders as we will crawl up from the sewage with them...

Yeah I know what you are saying. We are all anxious to see what this season will bring.

But second-string QB's don't play with the entire first team offense against the second string. That's not really a fair comparison.

Wait. Think about that, doesn't that mean the first string team wasn't good enough against Tampa's first string defense? I'd accept that because that is what happened. I won't accept that our first string offense wasn't good because EJ wasn't good. Our first string offense wasn't good because our first string offense wasn't good.

Edited by What a Tuel

Yeah I know what you are saying. We are all anxious to see what this season will bring.

Wait. Think about that, doesn't that mean the first string team wasn't good enough against Tampa's first string defense? I'd accept that because that is what happened. I won't accept that our first string offense wasn't good because EJ wasn't good. Our first string offense wasn't good because our first string offense wasn't good.

You can make the argument anyway you like. You're just wrong insinuating that EJ's second half performance was equal to a second string QB throwing to bum WR's behind bum O-linemen.

You can make the argument anyway you like. You're just wrong insinuating that EJ's second half performance was equal to a second string QB throwing to bum WR's behind bum O-linemen.

There have been plenty of cases of young QBs playing with the firsts against 2nd string D's.

This year? Show me Nassib playing with 1's against the twos. Or any other QB in this thread.

You are right. Nassib didn't play with the 1's against the twos. I believe Manziel and Hoyer alternating may have resulted in this situation. Probably not as much as I initially stated though.

I don't think that it nullifies the point though.They got thrashed against first stringers, so I don't think they get the benefit of the doubt that they are truely superior to second stringers. I sure hope they are, but the whole offense wasn't in the league of competing against 1st stringers.

You are right. Nassib didn't play with the 1's against the twos. I believe Manziel and Hoyer alternating may have resulted in this situation. Probably not as much as I initially stated though.

I don't think that it nullifies the point though.They got thrashed against first stringers, so I don't think they get the benefit of the doubt that they are truely superior to second stringers. I sure hope they are, but the whole offense wasn't in the league of competing against 1st stringers.

I believe our 1's are much better than Tampa's 2's in every single way. I don't believe that it's a point that warrants discussion or celebration, though.

I believe our 1's are much better than Tampa's 2's in every single way. I don't believe that it's a point that warrants discussion or celebration, though.

Manuel and the offense played nearly flawlessly against Tampas 2nd. That does warrant discussion. It means given time, and when receivers execute their routes properly and create separation, Manuel makes the throws.

Edited by What a Tuel