AP Source: NFL stadium sites explored in Toronto

Totally being repetitive here but isn't this a good thing? We've had no concrete evidence that JBJ & co wants to move the team to TOR until now (albeit it was not shocking). If the trust has been instructed not to deal with known relocation agendas, doesn't this now rule them out?

Again, I don't think I'm saying anything new here, just asking.

Yes. This is good, because it shows (in my opinion) that JBJ's intent is to move team. That should preclude him and his Toronto money friends from being selected as the winning bidder.

Just my two cents.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally being repetitive here but isn't this a good thing? We've had no concrete evidence that JBJ & co wants to move the team to TOR until now (albeit it was not shocking). If the trust has been instructed not to deal with known relocation agendas, doesn't this now rule them out?

Again, I don't think I'm saying anything new here, just asking.

I think the best bet is we will find out who is in and who is out next Tuesday/Wednesday.

Edited by The Wiz

For all the talk of what a great businessman Bon Jovi is, the bidding process is making the Toronto group look pretty bush league.

I'd bet that there are bidders we haven't heard about yet, but the Toronto folks can't seem to stay out of the news. Heck, Donald Trump has a lower profile.

Read the Jaworski quotes carefully. He never comes right out and says JBJ won't move the team, he just says JBJ never said he would move the team.

Yep and Sal P said that he would bet his reputation on them not moving the Bills...because they have a lease he went on to add. Duhhh we are worried about after the lease. These guys are pros, they know what they have to say and how to phrase it without getting themselves in trouble. Dirtbags

Mother @#$/^&!

Don't trust JBJ

Nor Ron Jaworski - what a tool.

Read the Jaworski quotes carefully. He never comes right out and says JBJ won't move the team, he just says JBJ never said he would move the team.

Oh great - Jaws volunteering a nuanced quote he knows is going to be misinterpreted certainly makes me feel better about him.

He's a tool.

Edited by BobChalmers

Listen to the whole thing. He says JBJ always does the "right thing" and the right thing is keeping the team in Buffalo.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11260364/jon-bon-jovi-group-eyed-toronto-sites

State and County would sue. As far as meeting with Buffalo developers, I believe that is purely for show. Why would these money guys from Toronto and JBJ (who has wanted to own a team in Toronto) want to buy the Bills and keep them in Buffalo. I do not trust these guys to keep the team in Buffalo. I am not as naive as Ron Jaworski.

Just my two cents.

If JBJ stays in the Ralph through the lease, what would be the basis of the suit? If the trust selected him and the NFL approved him, what does the state sue over?

If JBJ stays in the Ralph through the lease, what would be the basis of the suit? If the trust selected him and the NFL approved him, what does the state sue over?

This is what I had posted some time ago:

In case this has not been posted, here is a copy of the lease:

http://www2.erie.gov...n Agreement.pdf

I tried to cut and paste certain sections, but I am having a problem with the formatting and other issues. In any event, you will get the idea.

Here is the language of Section 3(b), which I believe makes it very difficult for Jon Bon Douchebag to buy the team from the Wilson estate at this time:

Subject to the provisions of Section 2(b), during the Non-Relocation Term, without the prior written consent of the County and the ECSC, which consent shall be within the sole and absolute discretion of each of the County and the ECSC, the Bills shall not: (i) apply to the NFL for, or otherwise seek, approval to allow the Team to play any Games during the Non-Relocation Term anywhere other than the Stadium; (ii) relocate, transfer or otherwise move the Team (or attempt to relocate, transfer or otherwise move the Team except as permitted by clause (iv) of this paragraph) to a location other than the Stadium; (iii) sell, assign or otherwise transfer the Team to any Person who, to the Bills’ knowledge, has an intention to relocate, transfer or otherwise move the Team during the Non- Relocation Term to a location other than the Stadium; (iv) (A) entertain any offer or proposal to relocate the Team to a location other than the Stadium, (B) solicit an offer or proposal from any Person to enter into discussions regarding moving the Team to a location other than the Stadium, (C ) enter into negotiations or agreements with third parties concerning the relocation of the Team to a location other than the Stadium, or (D) otherwise attempt to cause the playing of Games at a location other than the Stadium except in the case of clause (A), (B), (C ) and/or (D) above, (x) during the pendency of an arbitration proceeding in which the Bills are seeking to terminate the Stadium Lease in accordance with its terms or (y) to the extent that the relocation or other action described in such clause would first take effect after the Non-Relocation Term; (v) (A) complete a transfer, assignment or surrender of the Franchise that results in the Team playing any of its Games outside of the Stadium in violation of Section 2(a), or (B) complete a transfer, assignment or surrender of the Franchise that results in the Team not playing any Games; or (vi) enter into any contract or agreement to sell, assign or otherwise transfer the Team to any Person who, to the Bills’ knowledge, intends to relocate, transfer or otherwise move the Team during the Non-Relocation Term to a location other than the Stadium.

The "Non-Relocation Term" is defined in Section 1(r ) as:

Non-Relocation Term: The term of this Agreement, beginning on July 31, 2013,

and ending on the Stadium Lease Expiration Date.

The Stadium Lease Expiration Date is defined in Section 1(y) as:

Stadium Lease Expiration Date: July 31, 2023, or such earlier date provided for

in the 2013 Stadium Lease upon which the Stadium Lease Term shall expire.

Edited by Peter

Talking about relocating the team before the lease is up. I'm not sure how it is worded, but it seemed to me that the wording was set up that you cannot even discuss the concept of leaving before the lease is up. It's possible that the wording states you can talking about moving at any time, you just cannot discuss moving before the lease is up. That is a big difference. Does anyone know the real concept? Poloncranz made it sound like you couldn't even talk about it, or discuss it in any way. It may be that you can talk about it all you want, you just can't consider moving it until after the lease is up. It probably has provisions that you must negotiate in good faith to keep the team here. That would be reason alone for the county and state to sue.

Fraud perhaps. I'm not a lawyer but they are lying through their teeth and now we have proof

JW coming through at the right time! Just as they are about to submit initial interest bids and choose the finalists. This story was released now for a reason. Love it

+1000. Wawrow deserves serious kudos. No way leather-pants can be trusted. He could've addressed the rumors months ago about his intentions to move team to Toronto. He didn't and is only leaking it now through fools like Jaworski that he wants to keep team in Buffalo after it looks like only WNY-bids will be considered.

Again, what is so hard to believe about Jaws having a conversation with his good friend and his good friend saying I want to keep the team in Buffalo? Jbj could very well want to keep the team in Buffalo. The only reason he aligned with the Toronto guys is he needed their billions.

Now that it is clear they cannot move the team or even talk about it, he is lobbying them to stay in Buffalo. Otherwise they are OUT of any bidding. This looking at stadiums happened a year and a half ago, before Ralph passed and before specifics about the lease were made public.

I think for sure that they still want the team to move to Toronto, at least Tanenbaum and Rogers do. But this news, however great a story it is for use, does not at all make JBJ or Jaws a liar.

+1000. Wawrow deserves serious kudos. No way leather-pants can be trusted. He could've addressed the rumors months ago about his intentions to move team to Toronto. He didn't and is only leaking it now through fools like Jaworski that he wants to keep team in Buffalo after it looks like only WNY-bids will be considered.

Agreed. I get the feeling JW was sitting on this piece of info for a while and made it public at just the right time.