AP Source: NFL stadium sites explored in Toronto

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is much about nothing for the guys. Would you not think their group would explore all options.

I don't agree with this at all. If you come out and say "We have no intention to ever move the Bills from Buffalo", then there is no reason to "explore all options". There is no wiggle room in that original statement for "options".

It is time for our elected officials to get a court injunction against Bon Jovi. There is now proof that he wants to move the team to Toronto which is a clear violation of the lease with Erie County and New York State. Get to work Mark Poloncarz and Lil Mairo.

It is time for our elected officials to get a court injunction against Bon Jovi. There is now proof that he wants to move the team to Toronto which is a clear violation of the lease with Erie County and New York State. Get to work Mark Poloncarz and Lil Mairo.

There is NO doubt that, if somehow the Trust ignored this and decided to sell to JBJ, there will be an immediate lawsuit filed in Buffalo.

There is no way JBJ can be the winning bidder. It is even less likely that a judge (especially in WNY) will do anything other than rule in the state and county's favor given the language of the lease.

Goodbye Jon Bon Jovi. You should buy the Toronto Argos or the Eagles. Stay out of WNY and keep your hands off of our team.

It does say this study was done 18 months ago so it possible that the results indicated that there are too many hurdles with trying to move the team and JBJ has changed his stance.

This is a good point. I doubt they would admit to scouting any Canadian site since their intention to bid went in. They know the rules of the trust, so I don't think this story is a big deal.

It does say this study was done 18 months ago so it possible that the results indicated that there are too many hurdles with trying to move the team and JBJ has changed his stance.

They have been planning this a long time. Once the lawsuit is filed (if JBJ were the winning bidder), it will be clear that JBJ would move the team to Toronto.

JBJ should concentrate on buying another team and not embarrass himself (or Jaws) any further.

They have been planning this a long time. Once the lawsuit is filed (if JBJ were the winning bidder), it will be clear that JBJ would move the team to Toronto.

JBJ should concentrate on buying another team and not embarrass himself (or Jaws) any further.

Forgetting the far fetched supposition that the trust would sell to a group they were convinced would move the team (didn't you just post that this would never happen??), who would sue JBJ if he was the new owner? ANd why is his group meeting with "Buffalo developers"? To bamboozle the trustees?

Edited by Mr. WEO

This is a good point. I doubt they would admit to scouting any Canadian site since their intention to bid went in. They know the rules of the trust, so I don't think this story is a big deal.

That's correct. They would not necessarily have known the details of the lease at that point. It would have been foolish of them not to look into building a stadium there if they wanted to buy. This really isn't any news. But what it does is MAKE them try to spin the story that they completely changed their minds about moving the team now that they do know, and provide some proof that is the case, like signing some document keeping the team here. Otherwise as I and others have stated, there isn't a chance in hell the nfl would agree to it and suffer an 8 year lame duck team.

I'm not going to make assumptions regarding this because I only know the few rumors that are out there regarding this. I don't care who the owner is as long as the team stays in WNY and there is a commitment to winning.

Forgetting the far fetched supposition that the trust would sell to a team they were convinced would move the team (huh??), who would sue JBJ if he was the new owner? ANd why is his group meeting with "Buffalo developers"? To bamboozle the trustees?

State and County would sue. As far as meeting with Buffalo developers, I believe that is purely for show. Why would these money guys from Toronto and JBJ (who has wanted to own a team in Toronto) want to buy the Bills and keep them in Buffalo. I do not trust these guys to keep the team in Buffalo. I am not as naive as Ron Jaworski.

Just my two cents.

Edited by Peter

Totally being repetitive here but isn't this a good thing? We've had no concrete evidence that JBJ & co wants to move the team to TOR until now (albeit it was not shocking). If the trust has been instructed not to deal with known relocation agendas, doesn't this now rule them out?

Again, I don't think I'm saying anything new here, just asking.