AP Source: NFL stadium sites explored in Toronto

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, what is so hard to believe about Jaws having a conversation with his good friend and his good friend saying I want to keep the team in Buffalo? Jbj could very well want to keep the team in Buffalo. The only reason he aligned with the Toronto guys is he needed their billions.

I recall WGR reporting that he has established connections with the Toronto group. He didn't just pick them out of a hat cuz they have money.

I recall WGR reporting that he has established connections with the Toronto group. He didn't just pick them out of a hat cuz they have money.

He's a friggin rock star. He's established connections with 100,000 people. He's the darling of Jerry Jones and Bob Kraft because he's a friggin rock star. He picked them out of the billionaire boys club hat because the Bills were going to be the first team up for sale.

They agreed to him because they needed an in to the NFL.

He's a friggin rock star. He's established connections with 100,000 people. He's the darling of Jerry Jones and Bob Kraft because he's a friggin rock star. He picked them out of the billionaire boys club hat because the Bills were going to be the first team up for sale.

Ok no more JBJ loving in this thread please. We are anti Toronto and Bon Jovi is Toronto. Let us soak up this minor victory

Ok no more JBJ loving in this thread please. We are anti Toronto and Bon Jovi is Toronto. Let us soak up this minor victory

I never liked one of his songs. I never liked his band. I never bought a single record or cd or went to a concert. I don't like the way he dresses and I don't like his hair.

He seems like a pretty smart and cool guy though. ;)

I never liked one of his songs. I never liked his band. I never bought a single record or cd or went to a concert. I don't like the way he dresses and I don't like his hair.

He will make a great owner...for the St. Louis Rams

Sorry, I dont buy the "picked them out of a hat" idea. I think it's more than a little shortsighted.

Tim Leiweke, CEO of MLSE, confirmed to the Toronto Star last November -- after an initial report by CBS Sports -- that Bon Jovi was part of a Toronto group seeking an NFL team, with MLSE's backing.

"Jon and I are very good friends," Leiweke told the Star. "We talk weekly about his NFL ambitions. And so we're actively engaged, but I think it's still a work in progress."

http://www.thepeterboroughexaminer.com/2014/04/10/bon-jovi-part-of-toronto-group-expected-to-bid-on-bills

Sorry, I dont buy the "picked them out of a hat" idea. I think it's more than a little shortsighted.

http://www.thepeterboroughexaminer.com/2014/04/10/bon-jovi-part-of-toronto-group-expected-to-bid-on-bills

Nonsense. I will bet you anything that Bon Jovi knew Leweike from AEG, with nothing whatsoever to do with Toronto. Leweike was the main guy for Philip anshutz who was trying to bring a team to LA. Leweike didn't even join MLSE until about a year ago.

Haha! I did go to a concert. At age 15. PUzzygalore! Picture beavis and butthead. Huhuhuh. SLutz are cool. Huh huh huh.

Holy cap how I hate that music now.

So the Snooze immediately counters with a byline from Albany that contends the JBJ group is only looking in WNY. What I took away from that is that JBJ will be the controlling owner. That fact, in and of itself, helps us. His entire net worth is only in the 300 million range according to Forbes. The NFL is well known to prefer the primary owner to be able to foot the bill themselves even if they are part of a group. Also, there MUST be a majority owner so if JBJ puts his ENTIRE net worth on the line here their max bid can only be in the 900 million range.

Certainly JBJ can finance his portion but the owners take that into account as well and if they have the choice between a highly leveraged bid and someone who can pay in cash they will approve the cash bidder every time.

Also, it's fishy to me that the Albany guy pops this story.

So the Snooze immediately counters with a byline from Albany that contends the JBJ group is only looking in WNY. What I took away from that is that JBJ will be the controlling owner. That fact, in and of itself, helps us. His entire net worth is only in the 300 million range according to Forbes. The NFL is well known to prefer the primary owner to be able to foot the bill themselves even if they are part of a group. Also, there MUST be a majority owner so if JBJ puts his ENTIRE net worth on the line here their max bid can only be in the 900 million range.

Certainly JBJ can finance his portion but the owners take that into account as well and if they have the choice between a highly leveraged bid and someone who can pay in cash they will approve the cash bidder every time.

Also, it's fishy to me that the Albany guy pops this story.

League rules stipulate that you can't finance more than $200m of the purchase price.

GO BILLS!!!

League rules stipulate that you can't finance more than $200m of the purchase price.

GO BILLS!!!

Having JBJ as the controlling partner takes the big money of others out of play for the bid. Who would have thought that the Clipper sale could end up HELPING us by pricing out the Toronto guys.

Any intelligent business person would of course explore all options when making a billion dollar investment. Is this due diligence or a true future intention?

Can't wait until this is over.

Agreed. And I'll say it again: Buffalo needs to put its best deal on the table now because owners will be exploring these options and, if a good enough one is presented, might just take one. Baltimore didn't let a bidding war happen when they got the Browns to move. They gave Modell a great deal and told him they would pull it if they were used as leverage. I'd rather that not happen here.

Having JBJ as the controlling partner takes the big money of others out of play for the bid. Who would have thought that the Clipper sale could end up HELPING us by pricing out the Toronto guys.

The original article stating that JBJ would be the controlling owner also said he has far more money than Forbes has reported and that the three entities would basically all put up a one third share.

The original article stating that JBJ would be the controlling owner also said he has far more money than Forbes has reported and that the three entities would basically all put up a one third share.

I guess it depends on how much more cash he actually has on hand. Even so I'd still imagine he is the limiting factor and he has to own at least 33.4% of the team in a 3 person group. If the Rogers' were the controlling group they have more than 7B in assets.

Not for nothing if JBJ suddenly shows up with way more in assets than he "should" I wouldn't be surprised to see the IRS knocking on his door.