Blackmon Arrested Again

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11257934/justin-blackmon-jacksonville-jaguars-arrested-marijuana-possession

Several Oklahoma television stations, including KWTV News 9 in Oklahoma City, reported that Edmond Police Department officers that stopped Blackmon for a traffic violation could smell the odor of marijuana coming from his car. Police searched the car and found marijuana and took Blackmon into custody.

Guy is already on indefinite suspension so this probably ends his chance at a comeback.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am with C Biscuit. Screw these clowns. Is pot really worth losing millions? these morons that get busted for **** at the combine, no way in hell would I draft them. I mean if those different things are so damn important you cant stop doing them for a few years to make millions, I am sure as hell not drafting you

I am with C Biscuit. Screw these clowns. Is pot really worth losing millions? these morons that get busted for **** at the combine, no way in hell would I draft them. I mean if those different things are so damn important you cant stop doing them for a few years to make millions, I am sure as hell not drafting you

Agree. I think the fact weed is illegal still is a joke. But it is. And the fact you can't quit with millions of dollars on the line is the sign of an addict & an idiot.

Sad part is, if he has kids, they suffer because dad is stupid.

There is no reason for pot to be illegal in the NFL. It doesn't enhance on field performance and is an excellent stress/pain reliever with few if any side effects. Now, combine it with alcohol and it's a different story. Yet, we'll allow our players to get hooked on oxycodone et al. Lovely.

C'mon people, it's not 1956 anymore.

There is no reason for pot to be illegal in the NFL. It doesn't enhance on field performance and is an excellent stress/pain reliever with few if any side effects. Now, combine it with alcohol and it's a different story. Yet, we'll allow our players to get hooked on oxycodone et al. Lovely.

C'mon people, it's not 1956 anymore.

Ok. How about stoned driving?

Ok. How about stoned driving?

Let me list all the car crashes with marijuana as the only culprit.

ok, done

it's about as dangerous as driving with the radio on.

but I do get the overall theme of the thread. Why can't they put the bong down for a little while to create some wealth for themselves and their families? The answer, they shouldn't have to. If it has no effect on their play, and their long term health(maybe a little wiggle room for argument there admittedly), it should be OK.

Edited by You herd it hear last

Let me list all the car crashes with marijuana as the only culprit.

ok, done

it's about as dangerous as driving with the radio on.

As someone who believes they drove better while stoned, it's stupid to think all people do. If he hit someone in your family, would you be ok if it was just pot?

Stay in your house and smoke. And if you are getting drug tested for a job, don't smoke. Unless you don't want the job. Again, I've enjoyed some green. But I would enjoy millions much more.

Haha. Why do you smoke & drive around? Blackmon should be banned for life for being a moron. To paraphrase Dave Chappelle in Half Baked: "I love weed but not as much as I love millions of dollars!"

Was that before or after he walked away from $50 million so he could go smoke weed?

And why aren't these getting it right by smoking bath salts instead??

As someone who believes they drove better while stoned, it's stupid to think all people do. If he hit someone in your family, would you be ok if it was just pot?

Stay in your house and smoke. And if you are getting drug tested for a job, don't smoke. Unless you don't want the job. Again, I've enjoyed some green. But I would enjoy millions much more.

Sober, distracted drivers with smartphones are far more numerous, thus much worse. Throw in other factors like pot, prescriptions, alcohol etc... I'd much rather have a stoned WR driving behind me than a 17 yr old college freshman, that's for sure.

Ray Rice gets 2 games for beating up and knocking his girlfriend unconscious.....but don't smoke pot or you're done for good. Makes a lot of sense.

Ray Rice gets 2 games for beating up and knocking his girlfriend unconscious.....but don't smoke pot or you're done for good. Makes a lot of sense.

Nail. Head.

All pro sports need clearly defined and strictly enforced ZERO TOLERANCE policies. And all colleges should enforce the same policies. Goodbye scholarship, and oh - you're no longer eligible to play in the pros, either.