Blackmon Arrested Again

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad to see such a waste of talent. Addiction is a real and powerful thing, unfortunately. I hope Marcell is paying attention.

One can't become addicted to pot.

One can, however, become a complete imbecile.

One can't become addicted to pot.

One can, however, become a complete imbecile.

He's had multiple DUIs and discussed his alcohol problem in the past. Not disagreeing about the imbecile part, but something else is going on here.

Edited by billsfaninmanhattan

He's had multiple DUIs and discussed his alcohol problem in the past. Not disagreeing about the imbecile part, but something else is going on here.

I'm sorry. I was only speaking of the possibility to become addicted to marijuana. I personally don't think it's possible. Obviously, that's not the case with alcohol and if his alcohol addiction is what's behind his poor decision making, then I hope he gets the help he needs.

Let me list all the car crashes with marijuana as the only culprit.

ok, done

it's about as dangerous as driving with the radio on.

right, it also takes someone dumb enough to smoke that marijuana and then drive.

Edited by Captain Caveman

Let me list all the car crashes with marijuana as the only culprit.

ok, done

it's about as dangerous as driving with the radio on.

but I do get the overall theme of the thread. Why can't they put the bong down for a little while to create some wealth for themselves and their families? The answer, they shouldn't have to. If it has no effect on their play, and their long term health(maybe a little wiggle room for argument there admittedly), it should be OK.

Marijuana use involved in more fatal accidents in Colorado

AURORA, Colo. (May 15, 2014) – The proportion of marijuana-positive drivers involved in fatal motor vehicle crashes in Colorado has increased dramatically since the commercialization of medical marijuana in the middle of 2009, according to a study by University of Colorado School of Medicine researchers. http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2014-05/uocd-mui051514.php Here's another one http://seattle.cbslocal.com/2014/02/04/study-fatal-car-crashes-involving-marijuana-have-tripled/

Marijuana use involved in more fatal accidents in Colorado

AURORA, Colo. (May 15, 2014) – The proportion of marijuana-positive drivers involved in fatal motor vehicle crashes in Colorado has increased dramatically since the commercialization of medical marijuana in the middle of 2009, according to a study by University of Colorado School of Medicine researchers. http://www.eurekaler...d-mui051514.php Here's another one http://seattle.cbslo...a-have-tripled/

I smoke pot about once/year. The last time I smoked it, I drove home shortly thereafter. I had no business driving it was NOT safe at all. The only reason I kept going is because it was about a 1.8 mile drive.

right, it also takes someone dumb enough to smoke that marijuana and then drive.

Intelligence and pot smoking I would think are mutually exclusive. And name calling does not an argument make. What else would we expect from one with a moniker like Caveman? Lifestyles differ. Believe me, I live in a state where it's basically legal to drive drunk. It doesn't mean I do it though.

But I'll agree with all that it's best done in the safest manner possible.

But jeez, these guys go through hell physically for our entertainment. Weed helps.

Intelligence and pot smoking I would think are mutually exclusive. And name calling does not an argument make. What else would we expect from one with a moniker like Caveman? Lifestyles differ. Believe me, I live in a state where it's basically legal to drive drunk. It doesn't mean I do it though.

But I'll agree with all that it's best done in the safest manner possible.

But jeez, these guys go through hell physically for our entertainment. Weed helps.

Well, did weed make you claim that Jerry Hughes became the best player on the Bills?

Well, did weed make you claim that Jerry Hughes became the best player on the Bills?

Jerry Hughes did that all on his own. He was probably high when he raced his car right?

Listen, I am defending it I know, and it might not be popular to do so. And all the above reports seem to some degree valid, but tell me, how long should I wait before I get in my vehicle to drive? There's no real answer.

Compared to the distracted idiots with everything on their mind BUT driving, cruisin while high (it being the ONLY factor) is fairly negligible in its effect on traffic safety. And so ya know, a lot of people have been doing it for a long long long long time. My guess is the reason Blackmon got pulled over had nothing to do with pot and everything to do with loud music, big rims, you know, things that white cops look for.

Jerry Hughes did that all on his own. He was probably high when he raced his car right?

Listen, I am defending it I know, and it might not be popular to do so. And all the above reports seem to some degree valid, but tell me, how long should I wait before I get in my vehicle to drive? There's no real answer.

Compared to the distracted idiots with everything on their mind BUT driving, cruisin while high (it being the ONLY factor) is fairly negligible in its effect on traffic safety. And so ya know, a lot of people have been doing it for a long long long long time. My guess is the reason Blackmon got pulled over had nothing to do with pot and everything to do with loud music, big rims, you know, things that white cops look for.

I hate getting into this debate but here it goes. Racial profiling is wrong. But people are breaking the law, whether the law is a just one or not, are not doing anything to fight against the sterotype. He's actually reinforcing the sterotype and proving the cop, as wrong as it is to make those assumptions, right.

I don't know too many people who haven't climbed behind the wheel when we shouldn't have. But there is no need to rationalize it against other bad driving behavior. It's DUI/DWI. It's an unnecessary risk.

Again, I beg of you, please tell me WHEN I should get behind the wheel after legally ingesting legally purchased marijuana? After I eat half a bag of Doritos brand tortilla chips? There's a serious difference in enforceability.