Dareus gets hammered on NFL Network for being out of shape

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we even know if being out of shape is the reason he failed his test? It wasn't that long ago that the point of camp was to get in shape. Not letting an out of shape player work his way into shape by training is like telling a fat guy he can't go on a diet until he knocks off a few pounds. It makes no sense.

NFL network has been throwing jabs at the Bills before Big D failed the running test.

You might have seen / heard that minuted before they aired the Bills 2013 Camp Hope yearbook.

they disses him for his multiple arrests and said that compounded with the loss of Kiko might be devastating to the defense,

Do we even know if being out of shape is the reason he failed his test? It wasn't that long ago that the point of camp was to get in shape. Not letting an out of shape player work his way into shape by training is like telling a fat guy he can't go on a diet until he knocks off a few pounds. It makes no sense.

Actually, it makes perfect sense. If he can't pass the conditioning test, that means he is not in good enough physical shape to practice because it puts him at greater risk of injury. In the meantime he will train with the training staff to get into good enough shape to participate in football activities. When he can pass the conditioning test, he will be allowed to practice. Makes perfect sense to me.

Actually, it makes perfect sense. If he can't pass the conditioning test, that means he is not in good enough physical shape to practice because it puts him at greater risk of injury. In the meantime he will train with the training staff to get into good enough shape to participate in football activities. When he can pass the conditioning test, he will be allowed to practice. Makes perfect sense to me.

You mean this makes more sense to you than him showing up in good enough shape to practice like the other 60+ people at camp did?

In his statement he said he was going to be working on things "one day at a time." (Save the Schneider/Ms. Romano quips.) I wonder if part of the court-order is attending a twelve-step program? I hope he gets everything sorted out. Sounds like his physical condition is the least of his worries.

I know people hate Sapp (and I have become less and less a fan the longer he is on NFLN, mailing it in), we all know he is a big dude..as is Dareus. That said, I don't recall ever hearing of Sapp having conditioning problems during his playing days...being big, fat, doesn't necessarily mean you can't pass a conditionig test.

That said, I saw Sapps' comments live...it is clear to me, nobody on the NFLN really pays any attention to the Bills (and other teams fans feel the same way I am sure), because their opinions and "information" are rarely built on anything real, just the "same old Bills" metality...this is a convenient "go to" resposne, so they have to do as little work as possible. Sapp, and one of the other flunkies (I think NFLN has, by far the worst assorment of "personalites"/analysts ever assembled to cover a sport...i think it is a terrible product, considering its' great potential) made the point that Dareus was "just in mini-camp" 3 weeks ago, how could he be out of shape already...I guess they missed the fact that he was not in mini-camp, and was excused, after his run-in with the fuzz over his driving skills....

the criticism is deserved.

but hey, marcel just issued a statement:

After dealing with a personal matter in Alabama, I am excited to return to training camp to rejoin my teammates in our preparations for the 2014 season.

"Right now, my focus is on earning the trust of my teammates, coaches and the fans while continuing to improve as a football player. I have a passion for this game and I want to be here to help this organization achieve its goals. There are things I need to work on professionally and personally to make sure I can be accountable to myself, my family, this team and this community.

"My focus will remain on achieving that goal one day at a time. I want to thank the Bills organization, coach Marrone and the coaching staff, my teammates and our fans for their continued support."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/buffalo-bills--marcell-dareus-issues-statement-after-returning-to-training-camp-120251190.html

with all that god given talent....he will get lots more chances to do better.

and i'm pretty sure he will screw up some more.

NFL Network taking shots at the Bills. What a surprise.

Funny, I used to find that tall, big chick on there kind of attractive in a strange way...but then, one day, for no reason, she made some lame, off the cuff remark about how the Bills should be the Toronto Bills... she has been hideous to me ever since... apparently she apologized, sort of half-heartedly, shortly after, after getting some rather unflattering twitter feedback from Bills fans...