Take a deep breath

Everyone please take a deep breath!! The Bills will be in WNY for the long term. There has been a plan in place well before RW passed. They needed people interested in keeping the team (which they have).

The doom and gloom attitude is pretty sad. Can we please move beyond the insecurity that we are not good enough to have an NFL team? It has been proven for years that we are. In addition the leadership on the Bills and the state's side are incredibly supportive and intelligent. That goes without saying how powerful they are. Just let it all play out and we will be okay.

I agree with you 1,000% that they aren't going anywhere. But I don't think the concerned people are sad, I think the concern comes from a legitimate place.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you 1,000% that they aren't going anywhere. But I don't think the concerned people are sad, I think the concern comes from a legitimate place.

Agree and that came out wrong. I apologize for that. What I was getting at is that we have proven our worth as a passionate NFL market. We do not need to feel like we are not good enough for the team. There are a lot of teams around the league that would love to have the passion of the fans. There are a lot of owners that would love to have the profitability of the Bills. We absolutely deserve the team and we need to believe that. I apologize again for not being clear. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Agree and that came out wrong. I apologize for that. What I was getting at is that we have proven our worth as a passionate NFL market. We do not need to feel like we are not good enough for the team. There are a lot of teams around the league that would love to have the passion of the fans. There are a lot of owners that would love to have the profitability of the Bills. We absolutely deserve the team and we need to believe that. I apologize again for not being clear.

The concern I think comes from watching what happened to Cleveland and Houston and Baltimore before that. Fan support was irrelevant in each of those situations. The problem is that NOBODY believes that we'd ever be able to get a team back if we lost it.

The concern I think comes from watching what happened to Cleveland and Houston and Baltimore before that. Fan support was irrelevant in each of those situations. The problem is that NOBODY believes that we'd ever be able to get a team back if we lost it.

That's really the underlying fear. If the team leaves, the NFL ain't never coming back to Buffalo.

That said, I'm of the opinion the team will be here for a long, long, long time to come.

Everyone please take a deep breath!! The Bills will be in WNY for the long term. There has been a plan in place well before RW passed. They needed people interested in keeping the team (which they have).

The doom and gloom attitude is pretty sad. Can we please move beyond the insecurity that we are not good enough to have an NFL team? It has been proven for years that we are. In addition the leadership on the Bills and the state's side are incredibly supportive and intelligent. That goes without saying how powerful they are. Just let it all play out and we will be okay.

I just scratched, and sniffed my magic 8 ball; Wait...where did I put it? Nobody knows for sure what is going to happen to the team. Only time will tell. I hope as WE all do that they are here for the long term.

Mr rags i get to slap you around and call you Susie due to your lost bet against me. Saying alex carrington was going to get 4 years 20 million. I laughed at u and made that bet. He got 1 year and 1 million. Let me know where to meet you Susie.

Shots fired. Game on

The funny thing about that statement... In each of the cities you mentioned, they got a team back. And in the case of Cleveland/Houston they got a team back fairly quickly.

Agree and that came out wrong. I apologize for that. What I was getting at is that we have proven our worth as a passionate NFL market. We do not need to feel like we are not good enough for the team. There are a lot of teams around the league that would love to have the passion of the fans. There are a lot of owners that would love to have the profitability of the Bills. We absolutely deserve the team and we need to believe that. I apologize again for not being clear.

KJ - no worries and nice to see more civility on the posts lately. I guess Buffalo Bill's recent reminder helped some to tone it down. I don't mean you as you usually keep things above board.

Regarding the sale of the team, I haven't been that worried about the possibility of a move. Your argument is valid on the passion of the fan base, but my reasoning sticks around economics. It would simply be too expensive for a team move, restrictive due to the lease, substantial increase in TV revenue coming in one to two years ( that is the expected increase, but there will be more as whoever bids next year on the full year of network TR night games will add even more ), so in the end Buffalo will be very profitable with a dedicated fan base, and a state trying desperately to keep the team.

Even if it were the JBJ group, I still believe they will keep the team here. Now the lynch pin is the state having an iron clad agreement with substantial stadium money to lock up the team for 25 years, added to 2023. That seals it.

I am still trying to figure out how people are souring on EJ Manuel.......really?

For me I don't know if it is so much souring. My opinion hasn't changed so far. He has the physical tools and leadership qualities to be good. I think that he is slow going through his progressions, has accuracy issues, got hurt 3 times last year and they shrunk the playbook after like 14 weeks. Those were all red flags to me. I am hoping to see progress this year but those are my concerns.

And I would like to know where Bigfoot is but it's just not in the cards now is it?

Big fan of your one liners Fluff, but its a legit question and a bold statement from a poster. I am curious as well.

What I have been saying all along is that Toronto is not an option. They would love nothing more than to do that but they will not win the bid if that's the case.

I am glad that Bills fans have stood up but all fans stand up when their team is being threatened. We are not unique in that sense and it really doesn't make an impact. I am not trying to pee in anyone's Cheerios but everyone already knows that we do not want to lose our team. We need to continue to support the team.

None of this is going to matter because the Bills will be in WNY for a long, long time.

Ohhh now I feel better...

Big fan of your one liners Fluff, but its a legit question and a bold statement from a poster. I am curious as well.

Ohhh now I feel better...

Do a search on Kirby's posts in the past and you will indeed feel better.

If he says he knows, then he knows.

Many on this board will vouch for him.

I've been saying this for awhile, based on what we've heard about terms of the lease if true that anyone who even smells like they want to move the team from Buffalo an injunction could be sought to stop the sale. While the other NFL owners want to get as much money as they can, they also don't want to approve a sale to a person/group that is going to create a long drawn out court battle either. So doubt someone like JBJ would be approved. Assuming he's the high bidder the difference between his bid and the next highest may not be enough to be worth fighting over and the same can be said for Mary Wilson.

I also doubt the team is going anywhere.

For me I don't know if it is so much souring. My opinion hasn't changed so far. He has the physical tools and leadership qualities to be good. I think that he is slow going through his progressions, has accuracy issues, got hurt 3 times last year and they shrunk the playbook after like 14 weeks. Those were all red flags to me. I am hoping to see progress this year but those are my concerns.

I dont want to hijack the thread.....but everyone knew EJ was raw coming out......but the upside was through the roof.

I really dont think he was supposed to be our starter last year....who knew that Kolb was gonna die off so fast.

Mr rags?

calm down there guy. Some of us have to work for a loving and don't have computer access at their cozy little cubicle jobs like some people here.

Your right. Grats. I don't remember ever in my life betting anyone the opportunity to slap me around but if you really want to try I'll meet you anywhere you want. Hell, I'll sell tickets to this shindig and make it worth my while.