Take a deep breath

The funny thing about that statement... In each of the cities you mentioned, they got a team back. And in the case of Cleveland/Houston they got a team back fairly quickly.

Yes, they did and nobody believes that no matter how much we scream that we'd ever get an expansion franchise.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno Kirby, there is just that thought in the back of my mind that some southern Cal billionaire who has 30+ billions will step up and offer 1.5 to 2 billion to eventually move the team to LA. I suppose I will keep those thoughts until the team is finally sold, and in the hands of TP or TG. Nothing I can do about it.

I dunno Kirby, there is just that thought in the back of my mind that some southern Cal billionaire who has 30+ billions will step up and offer 1.5 to 2 billion to eventually move the team to LA. I suppose I will keep those thoughts until the team is finally sold, and in the hands of TP or TG. Nothing I can do about it.

There is no chance to make a lot of money doing that. The ONLY reason that the Dodgers or the Clippers or another team in another sport can be sold for 1.5 or 2 billion in a place like LA is because they can sell the local TV rights, which are enormous. The Dodgers made a deal with Time Warner for 7 billion dollars over 25 years. Yep, 7 billion. An NFL owner cannot do that. There is no local TV rights in any city. That scenario has virtually no chance of happening because there is no way to get his money back even with a lot of luxury boxes and sponsorships.

I very much doubt he is going to buy the Bills and wait eight years to move them to LA and then build a stadium and not make any money.

There is no chance to make a lot of money doing that. The ONLY reason that the Dodgers or the Clippers or another team in another sport can be sold for 1.5 or 2 billion in a place like LA is because they can sell the local TV rights, which are enormous. The Dodgers made a deal with Time Warner for 7 billion dollars over 25 years. Yep, 7 billion. An NFL owner cannot do that. There is no local TV rights in any city. That scenario has virtually no chance of happening because there is no way to get his money back even with a lot of luxury boxes and sponsorships.

I very much doubt he is going to buy the Bills and wait eight years to move them to LA and then build a stadium and not make any money.

When you have 30+ billions, then making money with the team is no longer the primary concern. I'm referring to a thread started by Yolo back in may that is still lingering. Speculation, still when there is smoke.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/168102-speculation-on-larry-page-ceo-of-google-as-potential-bidder/

When you have 30+ billions, then making money with the team is no longer the primary concern. I'm referring to a thread started by Yolo back in may that is still lingering. Speculation, still when there is smoke.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/168102-speculation-on-larry-page-ceo-of-google-as-potential-bidder/

If you had 30b and you didn't care if you made money or not you would approach the owner of the Jags or Rams or browns and say I will give you 2billion for your 800m team and then move them the next day. You wouldn't wait 8 years for the chance for the Bills to go.

Agree and that came out wrong. I apologize for that. What I was getting at is that we have proven our worth as a passionate NFL market. We do not need to feel like we are not good enough for the team. There are a lot of teams around the league that would love to have the passion of the fans. There are a lot of owners that would love to have the profitability of the Bills. We absolutely deserve the team and we need to believe that. I apologize again for not being clear.

No need to apologize, I don't think you were being disrespectful. I personally agree with you, we deserve the team, and I also believe that Ralph's wishes were to keep the team here and Mary is going to carry them out.

However just as I believe that, I couldn't fault anyone for not believing it and being very nervous.

If you had 30b and you didn't care if you made money or not you would approach the owner of the Jags or Rams or browns and say I will give you 2billion for your 800m team and then move them the next day. You wouldn't wait 8 years for the chance for the Bills to go.

exactly right.

Why would anyone want to approach another owner who may, or may not want to sell their team. When the Buffalo Bills are currently in the process of finding a new owner. Besides the Bills look to have a very talented roster, and more so then the teams you mentioned IMO.

There is a huge difference between not caring if the team makes a profit, and needlessly throwing away a half a billion dollars trying to pry a team away from an owner who doesn't want to sell. Plus, with 32 billion he wouldn't need to wait eight years. He would only need to wait until he builds a new stadium to move the team.

The current speculation is that the Bills should sell for 1.1 to 1.2 billion, and what is to stop Larry Page from dropping 1.5 billion to win the bid? My point being is that this topic was discussed back in May, and since there was speculation going on at that time, it stayed with me. I just threw it out there that nothing is set in stone just yet.

Edited by FeartheLosing

Why would anyone want to approach another owner who may, or may not want to sell their team. When the Buffalo Bills are currently in the process of finding a new owner. Besides the Bills look to have a very talented roster, and more so then the teams you mentioned IMO.

There is a huge difference between not caring if the team makes a profit, and needlessly throwing away a half a billion dollars trying to pry a team away from an owner who doesn't want to sell. Plus, with 32 billion he wouldn't need to wait eight years. He would only need to wait until he builds a new stadium to move the team.

The current speculation is that the Bills should sell for 1.1 to 1.2 billion, and what is to stop Larry Page from dropping 1.5 billion to win the bid? My point being is that this topic was discussed back in May, and since there was speculation going on at that time, it stayed with me. I just threw it out there that nothing is set in stone just yet.

Ummmm... because you have to wait 8 years?

Pegula bought the Sabres when they weren't for sale. He approached Golisano about buying them a couple or maybe a few different times. Golisano turned him down at least once and I think twice. Pegula kept on upping his offer and finally TG took it and sold it. When you are offering more than twice what a business is worth, and you could sell for 2 BILLION dollars, I bet there would be a few owners that would jump at the chance to sell the team.

calm down there guy. Some of us have to work for a loving and don't have computer access at their cozy little cubicle jobs like some people here.

Your right. Grats. I don't remember ever in my life betting anyone the opportunity to slap me around but if you really want to try I'll meet you anywhere you want. Hell, I'll sell tickets to this shindig and make it worth my while.

I will buy 8...

Everyone please take a deep breath!! The Bills will be in WNY for the long term. There has been a plan in place well before RW passed. They needed people interested in keeping the team (which they have).

The doom and gloom attitude is pretty sad. Can we please move beyond the insecurity that we are not good enough to have an NFL team? It has been proven for years that we are. In addition the leadership on the Bills and the state's side are incredibly supportive and intelligent. That goes without saying how powerful they are. Just let it all play out and we will be okay.

Here, here. Well put, Kirby. A voice of reason. I've felt this way all along. It'll all play out well.