dick cheney:face of the right and worst vp in history

the iraq war and it's negative outcomes were and are the most impactful us foreign policy actions in the last 20 years. everything else pales in comparison in terms of human and economic cost. yet if we can't identify the mistakes that lead to the disastrous outcomes, we are likely doomed to repeat them. but cheney thinks his mispent youth was his biggest mistake. presumably, he'd do it all over again just the way he did it the first time. and by extension, ya'll seem just fine with that as evidenced by his presence on multiple right wing stages.

you presume a lot. I'd wager that most people here that you consider to be right-wingers hold the belief that you really can't trust any of them, thus the argument for smaller government.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't believe that you don't watch fox. what feed were you watching during the last presidential election? never seen links to his spoutings on drudge?

I don't give a **** what you believe. I didn't watch "any" feed during the last election - I watched a hockey game on Center Ice and then went to bed. I generally get my news from the BBC and the only time I ever look at Drudge is if it's linked from this forum.

Unlike the rest of you !@#$ing lemmings, I think for myself. I'm able to look at both of these horrible groups and realize that I don't want to identify with either. The fact that you idiots are still concentrating on Dick Cheney and diatribes from Paul Begala says you are pretty much hopeless. Not that that's actually news.

I don't give a **** what you believe. I didn't watch "any" feed during the last election - I watched a hockey game on Center Ice and then went to bed. I generally get my news from the BBC and the only time I ever look at Drudge is if it's linked from this forum.

Unlike the rest of you !@#$ing lemmings, I think for myself. I'm able to look at both of these horrible groups and realize that I don't want to identify with either. The fact that you idiots are still concentrating on Dick Cheney and diatribes from Paul Begala says you are pretty much hopeless. Not that that's actually news.

Then why ALWAYS do you have the knee jerk reaction to people attack Conservatives yet you yourself attack liberals. You are not fooling anyone at all. No

The irony (hypocrisy, really) of the title "Does Dick Cheney believe his lies" is too rich.

As for Iraq, that doesn't happen without a) bipartisan approval from Congress and b) 9/11, which was Slick Willy's fault for not taking UBL from the Sudanese when he had the chance in '98.

I'll never understand how the same "lies" told by both Clintons, Albright, Edwards, Kerry, and every other significant politician of the era are attributed solely to Bush and Cheney.

For the same reason people believe Democrats care about black Americans. Because if you tell a lie often enough...

If you want to make a lefty shut up about Iraq...do what I do...and post this:

http://youtu.be/HtK9AzcU42g

Shuts their piehole every time.

it's shocking that the cons here don't want to discuss cheney's purposeful and calculated dishonesty on it's own . they need to bring in tangential issues to muddy the waters.

Lolololololololololololol. I am not even into politics but dude seriously? The state of the country and its place in the world in 2014 is tangential and the real topic is Cheney? Really?

the shooting quip was an attempt at humor. ya know, the allusion to burr? i'm also shocked that the cons sense of humor poorly matches the authors!

Still, as a longtime quail hunter, I have no doubt Cheney was in the wrong. Every hunter is responsible for knowing where his buddies are. And Cheney violated a cardinal rule: He was drinking before he picked up the gun. (He claims to have had only one beer, but even one is too many when you're hunting.)

But here's the thing: Even after Cheney shot him in the face, there's no indication he ever apologized to Harry Whittington. I suppose being a sociopath means never having to say you're sorry.

Take me through the funny part. Was it when he called him a sociopath for not apologizing even though he isn't sure if he apologized? Was when he called him a liar with respect to how much drinking had been done?

I'm no fan of boozers as they are only slightly less annoying than pot heads, but seriously? Even one beer and hunting I agree....not the greatest idea, but high ranking officials have used worse judgment like getting hummers in the oval office while barely missing out on being a pedophile. Begala is glad to defend that.

I'll never understand how the same "lies" told by both Clintons, Albright, Edwards, Kerry, and every other significant politician of the era are attributed solely to Bush and Cheney.

when did any of those you cited link iraq and 9/11? That was the justification for the entire fiasco in the minds many americans. and leave edwards out of any serious discussion. he's a discredited, shameful, disgusting subhuman pos that his been fully excommunicated from the dem party....just as cheney should be from the repugs.

then it's truly asounding how similar your positions are to those put forth by those media ouitlets.

when did any of those you cited link iraq and 9/11? That was the justification for the entire fiasco in the minds many americans. and leave edwards out of any serious discussion. he's a discredited, shameful, disgusting subhuman pos that his been fully excommunicated from the dem party....just as cheney should be from the repugs.

then it's truly asounding how similar your positions are to those put forth by those media ouitlets.

I thought it was yellow cake uranium from Africa? No wait it was WMDs, right? Or was it contamination of our precious bodily fluids that sold most Americans?

Whichever is most convenient I suppose.

Edited by Jauronimo

this.

I thought it was yellow cake uranium from Africa? No wait it was WMDs, right? Or was it contamination of our precious bodily fluids that sold most Americans?

Whichever is most convenient I suppose.

and who from your list cited any of those things or at least confirmed that those things we're incorrect?

For the same reason people believe Democrats care about black Americans. Because if you tell a lie often enough...

That's just shocking! I never knew Dick Cheney bore such a strong resemblance to Bill Clinton's hag of a wife.

So that's what he looks like when he takes off his black Jedi Knight mask! Wow, who knew?

Did that even make sense in your head?

com'n. was in a hurry for lunch but i'm confident you got the point.: who from the list of liberals that you cited advanced any of those reasons to support invading iraq. even among those liberals that voted for the war, all have recanted and admitted that the premises upon which the war was waged were incorrect.

their mistake was believing the lies advanced by the likes of cheney, not in promoting those very lies.

Didn't realize how much Hilly looks and sounds like Jeanine Garofolo.

com'n. was in a hurry for lunch but i'm confident you got the point.: who from the list of liberals that you cited advanced any of those reasons to support invading iraq. even among those liberals that voted for the war, all have recanted and admitted that the premises upon which the war was waged were incorrect.

their mistake was believing the lies advanced by the likes of cheney, not in promoting those very lies.

My point is that you and other critics of Bush and Cheney have attributed at least 3 different primary reasons for the invasion of Iraq. The link to Al Qaeda was never the major motivating factor. It was always about WMDs and the threat posed by a rogue nation.

Here's the full text speech in which the war was sold to the public. Al Qaeda is mentioned once and loosely referenced at that.

http://www.theguardi...mar/18/usa.iraq

Those "lies" were circulating throughout the 90s and early 00s. Cheney was still at Halliburton when the Clinton admin was discussing the Iraqi threat.

Edited by Jauronimo

the iraq war and it's negative outcomes were and are the most impactful us foreign policy actions in the last 20 years. everything else pales in comparison in terms of human and economic cost. yet if we can't identify the mistakes that lead to the disastrous outcomes, we are likely doomed to repeat them. but cheney thinks his mispent youth was his biggest mistake. presumably, he'd do it all over again just the way he did it the first time. and by extension, ya'll seem just fine with that as evidenced by his presence on multiple right wing stages.

The chapter on Iraq hasn't been closed and I can see why Cheney, who's been a big advocate of removing Hussein since the early '90s is not ready to back down on the decision. You also have to separate the military action from the post-war occupation, which is where the quagmire set in and was certainly worsened by the golden child.

Which again begs the question, why the hysteria about Cheney now? Why not just put him on ignore?