Most underrated player going into camp

if we can't run the ball to Ws this yr with these guys, the new OL, and the WR weapons the opposing D needs to worry about downfield.. .This team really is cursed. And Glenn is going to be back, I can feel it.

well. As of today were down to our 3rd string LT. So let's hope so.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On offense 6' 6" WR Ramses Barden will be that red zone threat that we thought we had with that 2nd rd bust James Hardy. Barden is at a good age (28) and has more pro experience than most of our WRs.

Defensively DL Alan Branch's versatility will be invaluable for us this year, especially with Dareus having his head up his ass. Schwartz's defense utilizes DTs and with Branch's versatility and experience he will be just what the doctor ordered.

Go Bills!

Agree with you on Branch, he's a better DT than DE, but he does have good versatility.

On offense 6' 6" WR Ramses Barden will be that red zone threat that we thought we had with that 2nd rd bust James Hardy. Barden is at a good age (28) and has more pro experience than most of our WRs.

Go Bills!

Barden won't make it past the first round of cuts.

My choice for underrated is Spiller. Sounds crazy for a 1st round pick but he has many detractors. I simply believe the injury last year really derailed him and if he can keep those wheels healthy he'll do special things this year -- particularly with Brown waiting in the wings.

He gets my vote, will end up being top slot guy.

i think woods will be the top slot guy, but he will be right behind him. 5th WR. I don't want to overreact to one practice, but starting to think TJ graham makes it over one of the taller guys.

Gilmore. He is a legit shutdown corner and will be in the conversation with Revis and Peterson by years end

I hope you are right and his name is worthy of mention in this thread. The problem is, he also might belong on the list of the most overrated.

If he lives up to the potential you describe, he could win us some football games. This is what we need.

I'll go with E.J. Nobody seems to be expecting much from him this year. The national media continually questions him. The pundits ranking the 2014 starting QBs always place him in the bottom half. But, mark my words, he's going to light it up this season and toss 30+ TDs.

(Of course, this is all wishful thinking. But if it turns it he actually was the most underrated player going into 2014, it'll make for a great season).

My thoughts exactly.

Odd. Just looked. Spikes is 26. He was the 2nd youngest lb of NE's core and few depth players. They are tremendously thin there

Yeah turns 27 in Sept. I find it odd that they would jettison their Mike LB who is in the prime of his career. This could be more of personality clash with Belichick as rumors indicated they feuded off and on throughout his tenure in Cheatriots land.

Preston Brown - this kid is going to push Nigel for playing time and will surprise a lot of people IMO

Aaron Williams - I think he is going to be a Pro Bowler at safety this year. All the talk about Byrd leaving, but this kid can play at safety and is going to be in a great position for a big year given out front 7.

Marquise Goodwin - all the talk about Watkins and Woods, plus Mike Williams and this kid seems to get forgotten a little bit. No one on this team can do what he can and I expect him to see the field a lot and be a game breaker.

I still think he has a shot of being a starter to open the season. Sammy looks promising, but he's still a rookie. It might be nice to have a veteran start while he works on his route running. Either way, I fully expect to see a LOT of 3 WR sets.

I also agree on Bryce Brown.

Sorry, but if you think there is any way that Sammy Watkins is not on the field for play one of the offense, you are wrong. When a team who has had the playoff drought the Bills have had uses basically 2 #1 choices on a player, yoou can bet the moon he will be starting.

Barden won't make it past the first round of cuts.

My choice for underrated is Spiller. Sounds crazy for a 1st round pick but he has many detractors. I simply believe the injury last year really derailed him and if he can keep those wheels healthy he'll do special things this year -- particularly with Brown waiting in the wings.

Nice call eball. Once you gave him the kiss of death Barden didn't even make it thru the day! Wow! I'm gonna start calling you Karnac. I guess that I'm down to Alan Branch. C'mon Branch, don't fail me now! Lol!