Dareus not cleared to practice yet

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still haven't seen one shred of evidence that this is due to lack of conditioning...

"Marcell Dareus was placed on the Active/Non-Football Injury list on Saturday, shortly after the team's conditioning tests concluded. (Reserve offensive lineman J.J. 'Unga was placed on the same list, as well.) It's probably easy to assume that Dareus and 'Unga failed their conditioning tests, but that has not been confirmed, and the Bills did not disclose the reasoning for the move."

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2014/7/19/5918853/bills-training-camp-2014-leodis-mckelvin-activated-marcell-dareus-isnt

Close enough for me.

kj

So, he needs a couple days to cram for the test? He thought he could use a cheat sheet, but that didn't work out....

Yeah, I wish the light would go on. Yes, he's Pro Bowl Alternate good, but he has the potential to at least shoot for HOF great. What made it click for Bruce? As I recall, he came in chubby before becoming the Stair Master Wrecker.

Good question. I think the biggest thing Marv (and Ted) did as coaches was to get that group of prima-donna, baby-brats to act responsibly and adult-like and work for themselves and eachother.

I do believe Coach Marrone is using a great deal of his energy trying to do the exact same thing. It appears Dareus is tough to convince that there is more to life than winning at football and money. I think he's lost his connection to humanity, it is easy to do, especially having lost a love one needlessly....he then probably watched the news or something crazy like that.

Dareus should come around with Marrone and Kyle and everyone else helping him....

I mean, I could be totally wrong, I just read between the lines..... What Marrone and Williams are saying, what Dareus says and does....

I believe he thinks the only reason anyone cares about him at all, is because he is good at football and can help them win (amd make more money).

I think marilyn monroe or all really hot babes have a similar problem or all rich people....you don't trust anybody, because they all just want something.....

Lucky for me, I"m worthless.

What is life for? What is good and real? What is truly important? I think Dareus needs to have answers he believes. Perhaps he is lost because he does not really care about anything. Us or himself right now?, bwho knows?

Having him be a gifted millionaire that can lift a car does not make him immune to the human condition (it usually helps a great deal though ; ) ).

I may be wrong but, I'm pretty sure that to get as strong as Dareus and still move quick like him takes extreme commitment. Massive exercise and diet commitments. With all that muscle, it probably doesn't take long to get out of shape if you really slow down lifting and eat poorly, like a depressed person would do......just sayin'

I am not trying to defend him as much as I am guessing what's wrong..... It is hard for us normal people that gotta put up with **** all the time and can't get strong and healthy and rich etc. to sympathize with someone whose done it and then squanders it, but he is really showing us his flaws just like the ones we have.

Or, he could have an infected ingrown toe nail that's been bothering him since the recent marathon he ran....

But maybe not....

Maybe the coaches just don't like his 13.1 sticker.

Consummate non-professional. Totally lacking in football character. With a tip 'o the hat to The Senator, we have our new fat tub of goo.

Wake the phuck up, Marcel!

GO BILLS!!!

I'll admit that we aren't sure what this is.... But I'll stand by my comments from a few months ago that his interview where he stated "I just have fun and things happen" was incredibly worrisome that things would be getting worse before they got better. The light clearly wasn't on at that point, and that should've been an easy spot to have had it come on.

Guy is physically gifted, seemingly charismatic.... We will see what he wants to do with all that. You see some guys want to say screw work I've got to live while I can, and others that want to make the most of every chance..... He seems to be leaning towards screw work.

"Marcell Dareus was placed on the Active/Non-Football Injury list on Saturday, shortly after the team's conditioning tests concluded. (Reserve offensive lineman J.J. 'Unga was placed on the same list, as well.) It's probably easy to assume that Dareus and 'Unga failed their conditioning tests, but that has not been confirmed, and the Bills did not disclose the reasoning for the move."

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2014/7/19/5918853/bills-training-camp-2014-leodis-mckelvin-activated-marcell-dareus-isnt

Close enough for me.

kj

Ok... Thanks for verifying... I didn't think anything has yet to be confirmed....

I'll admit that we aren't sure what this is.... But I'll stand by my comments from a few months ago that his interview where he stated "I just have fun and things happen" was incredibly worrisome that things would be getting worse before they got better. The light clearly wasn't on at that point, and that should've been an easy spot to have had it come on.

Guy is physically gifted, seemingly charismatic.... We will see what he wants to do with all that. You see some guys want to say screw work I've got to live while I can, and others that want to make the most of every chance..... He seems to be leaning towards screw work.

I'd lay dollars to donuts that it's the conditioning test as has been speculated.

I totally agree with your stance now as I did months ago when you speculated about his commitment to the work involved. He just doesn't seem to take it seriously. And that will ruin him if he doesn't grow up. I know for a fact that several on the defense are very frustrated with his attitude and I've heard him described as aloof at times. Maybe he's just chronically depressed and isn't getting the help he needs but, regardless, he's walking a thin line with this FO at the moment.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm guessing it's conditioning. Today was conditioning tests, only make sense. Give him a couple days and he'll be on the field.

Assuming that you are correct, it seems like you're saying that we shouldn't be concerned that Dareus wasn't concerned enough to come into camp in shape. Is that what you're saying?

Assuming that you are correct, it seems like you're saying that we shouldn't be concerned that Dareus wasn't concerned enough to come into camp in shape. Is that what you're saying?

It would be hard NOT to be concerned with Dareus on many levels. It's also hard not to be enamored with his physical talent and potential. That's how he gets away with this crap... Just get it together big guy!

Kyle Williams commented the following last month during mini-camp... it still holds true. Either way, the moment is coming for Dareus to choose which way his life and career heads.

“I think he’s heard it from a lot of different levels – whether it be from his teammates, from coaches, I’m sure front office. So if you can’t get it from those three levels, maybe you’re not going to get it,” he said. “Hopefully, and I expect it to be a moment for him, where he kind of leaves all that stuff behind and moves forward.”