If the Toronto group buys the Bills, will you still support the team?

KDIGGZ

The toughest question facing our loyal fans  

163 members have voted

1. 1. If the Toronto group buys the Bills, will you still support the team?

• The day the Toronto group buys the team I will no longer be a fan. Let's boycott!
    • We still have them until at least 2020, I'm all in until then
    • I will be a fan of the Buffalo/Toronto Argo-Bills until the day I die

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Toronto group wins the bid and pretends to want to stay in Buffalo I will continue following and rooting for the team. After all regardless of whether the owner took the team to Toronto in 2020, if the BUFFALO Bills win the SB in 2018 it is still the Bills winning. As soon as the move is declared I will cease all support but not before. Also I will never believe any group is keeping the team in Buffalo until they sign a new long term deal.

^^^ I'm with this guy. The second they pull up stakes, I'm done. I would also prefer if they left the team name in Buffalo. Call them whatever you want but they would no longer be the Bills.

I've been a California based season ticket holder for 8 years. I bought them to do my little part to keep the Bills in Buffalo- not to mention I try to get out to 3-4 games a season. If the Toronto group got the team, even if their stated intentions were to keep the them in Buffalo, I think I'd boot my seasons.

If they move to Toronto, I'm done.

I think most of us are - the OP's question, though, was "if this group buys the team, are you done?" I.E. even if they don't move them (immediately).

I think I'll have a sick feeling about it until they are in a long-term lease with NYS/County/own their own stadium in WNY, but probably no sicker than I felt about relocation over the last 10 years of RW's life.

I think most of us are - the OP's question, though, was "if this group buys the team, are you done?" I.E. even if they don't move them (immediately).

I think I'll have a sick feeling about it until they are in a long-term lease with NYS/County/own their own stadium in WNY, but probably no sicker than I felt about relocation over the last 10 years of RW's life.

And I'd bet half of the half won't give up on them.

who you going to root for?

The JETS?

The Steelers?

And I'd bet half of the half won't give up on them.

who you going to root for?

The JETS?

The Steelers?

Nobody. I will give up on NFL football if it leaves Buffalo. I'm dead serious. I love the Bills far more than I love the sport of professional football.

For what it's worth, Sal Pal from ESPN said this morning on WGR that he would put his professional reputation on the fact that the Bills are going nowhere, that Goodell and the owners really want the Bills to stay, and he doesn't see any chance they move.

He kept referring back to the fact that they have a lease. He was talking about the short term. Of course they aren't leaving...for 6 more years

He kept referring back to the fact that they have a lease. He was talking about the short term. Of course they aren't leaving...for 6 more years

Yes and no. His references about the league, owners, and Goodell wanting the team to stay in Buffalo had nothing to do with the lease. What people seem to forget about the lease is the stipulation that ownership is not even allowed to talk about moving the team while the lease is in effect. They couldn't even legally have contingency plans to move. If they were discussing plans for a Toronto stadium at any point to anyone in those six years they would basically be asking dozens of people to perjure themselves on the witness stand in an inevitable court case. It ain't gonna happen.

Yes and no. His references about the league, owners, and Goodell wanting the team to stay in Buffalo had nothing to do with the lease. What people seem to forget about the lease is the stipulation that ownership is not even allowed to talk about moving the team while the lease is in effect. They couldn't even legally have contingency plans to move. If they were discussing plans for a Toronto stadium at any point to anyone in those six years they would basically be asking dozens of people to perjure themselves on the witness stand in an inevitable court case. It ain't gonna happen.

Happens every day in business and politics. I don't see why this would be any different. They don't have to have anything on the books. Back room discussions happen all of the time, especially in elite circles such as these

Happens every day in business and politics. I don't see why this would be any different. They don't have to have anything on the books. Back room discussions happen all of the time, especially in elite circles such as these

This does not happen every day. You would be working for a company that designs stadiums and have to say, under oath, in court, that you have never had any conversations with anyone representing the Buffalo Bills about building a new stadium in Toronto in the last six years. It would literally be hundreds of people involved in dozens of businesses and entities. It's virtually impossible.

I'll support the team as long as they are in Buffalo. If the Toronto group buys the team and keeps them in Buffalo, why jump off the bandwagon? If they move, it's over.

Unless it helps the Bills make the playoffs, I usually cheer against teams that have moved, like the Baltimore Ravens, Tennessee Titans, Arizona Cardinals, St. Louis Rams etc.

If Bon Jovi and his band of Canadian scumbags are announced as winning the bid, say next month, it's gonna be a really weird season.

Do I stop all Bills following immediately? No more interviews. No more press conferences. No more murph and kelso on golden autumn mornings?

Or do I follow em through the lame duck period. Geesh

this.

I'll go one further. Let's say the Candian group nous tiebreak and announces a move of them to Toronto when the 10 year lease is up. But let's say the Bills this year or moving forward are not only good but a deep playoff or SB contender. That's where people will really show their colors.

Of date say that if JBJ buys the tomorrow. Announces the move on Saturday. But EJ and Sammy light up defenses and win the division, the Ralph will not only be sold out in late December. Tickets will be sold for double face value to get into games. People will still be here on TBD saying how much they hate JBJ bit have to watch until the move is made. And that will make quite a few that say they are done, continue to watch even after the move.

I am impressed how even keeled you appear 8&8 . wise words really.

some of us have gotten to be quite nearly in a Tizzy . and by us , i of course mean to say, me .

a lot can happen by then cant it ?

I root because of the history . I have embraced it again after a rather long time away from Bills .

I think i am pretty good with my instincts . And i do get the ideas that Bills are on the rise and not just a blurb or an afterthought in the NFL soon enough .

Best way to keep them here is actually to dominate the AFC .

and drive the fans bonkers doing it . I think folks in the area and Beyond ! really want to come out of the woodwork and cheer for a winning Team more than the Goodell realizes.

again.as said by so many so often . winning will fix everything

Thanks. I am more focused on getting a great owner who will attract great coaching and player talent. The Bills have been operating like the local rugby club for 15 years. Fun to be around and great for management and players, but the product on the field is more lovable than successful. Permanent last place, but the tailgates are great -- gee that is satisfying--um... not.

The NFL is a big boy league. The Bills are the laughingstock of the league. Just step out of WNY for 5 minutes and say "Buffalo Bills" and everyone starts snickering, either at the word "Bills" or the word "Buffalo". Sorry, its true. I've witnessed it for 35 years. I don't even try to defend the team or the area anymore. I know better, but no one is buying it. Even if the team turns it around, people still poop on the area itself.

Just to have a team is not good enough anymore. We need to change the game. I believe the (easily) 50%+ of Bills fans who no longer live in the area are more interested in the team attracting top talent and joining the big boys of the league. I am not at all convinced WNY or bankrupt NYS will pay for a $1B stadium in WNY, not at all (an early poster said the stadium "will be owned and operated by the county and the state" --- really, you think that is going to happen... ? I'll take the under on that). The new owner and/or a wealthy metropolis will be paying for most of a new stadium me thinks.

A Billion $$ stadium 6 years from now with all the bells and whistles on the southeast end of Toronto (CNE grounds would be nice -- easy hop from the B Lo) or right on top of Niagara Falls (easy access from Toronto- where the money is) make sense to me. We need (a) the Toronto market's cash and (b) the WNY fan passion to make this team competitive and fun long term. We just need to make it feel close enough where the Buffalo residents don't feel left out. But the reality is the fan cash is going to come from Toronto and Rochester, not from Erie County. Those two places are where the money is.

One thing is for sure. Things will not be the same.

Edited by 8and8Forever

Thanks. I am more focused on getting a great owner who will attract great coaching and player talent. The Bills have been operating like the local rugby club for 15 years. Fun to be around and great for management and players, but the product on the field is more lovable than successful. Permanent last place, but the tailgates are great -- gee that is satisfying--um... not.

The NFL is a big boy league. The Bills are the laughingstock of the league. Just step out of WNY for 5 minutes and say "Buffalo Bills" and everyone starts snickering, either at the word "Bills" or the word "Buffalo". Sorry, its true. I've witnessed it for 35 years. I don't even try to defend the team or the area anymore. I know better, but no one is buying it. Even if the team turns it around, people still poop on the area itself.

Just to have a team is not good enough anymore. We need to change the game. I believe the (easily) 50%+ of Bills fans who no longer live in the area are more interested in the team attracting top talent and joining the big boys of the league. I am not at all convinced WNY or bankrupt NYS will pay for a $1B stadium in WNY, not at all (an early poster said the stadium "will be owned and operated by the county and the state" --- really, you think that is going to happen... ? I'll take the under on that). The new owner and/or a wealthy metropolis will be paying for most of a new stadium me thinks.

A Billion $$ stadium 6 years from now with all the bells and whistles on the southeast end of Toronto (CNE grounds would be nice -- easy hop from the B Lo) or right on top of Niagara Falls (easy access from Toronto- where the money is) make sense to me. We need (a) the Toronto market's cash and (b) the WNY fan passion to make this team competitive and fun long term. We just need to make it feel close enough where the Buffalo residents don't feel left out. But the reality is the fan cash is going to come from Toronto and Rochester, not from Erie County. Those two places are where the money is.

One thing is for sure. Things will not be the same.

not even a little.

all weirdness .

I said in another post about something . I dont like the unknown very much.

I no longer like weirdness either at my delicate age of 53 or so.

Lets just get this thing settled down and play football.

Ps the rugby reference was a pretty fair statement. Funny but a bit too true

: )

could NEVER root for the Eagles, hate Philadelphia with a passion.

Much of Philly seems to feel the same way. They can get pretty pissy. They're not even universally fond of Santa...

So if this Toronto group buys the team and keeps them in WNY, you are done with the Bills?

Sorry - to clarify, I feel the same as many others. I'm a Buffalo Bills fan, and will stay that way as long as they stay that way. I answered no because I don't believe a Toronto/JBJ group is committed to keeping the team here, and assume it would be to move them. But while they stay in my hometown, they're my team. If the team were to move to another city, the NFL would be dead to me. Like someone else mentioned, I too haven't followed basketball since the Braves left. Not one single game. I would follow the Sabres, and direct my attention to other interests.

Nobody. I will give up on NFL football if it leaves Buffalo. I'm dead serious. I love the Bills far more than I love the sport of professional football.

I'm with you. I can easily get my football fix through college football, and the NFL is fooling itself if it believes that I (and others like me) can't find better uses for my time on Sunday, Monday, and Thursday.

Edited by fallen627