What is better, no guns, or more guns?

2 hours ago, LeviF91 said:

My argument is that a bump stock circumvents just as many regulations as a quick trigger finger does.

You can still own a full auto as an individual.  Takes a pretty penny and about two years of waiting, but you can.

Bump fire, believe it or not, is possible without a bump stock.  By your definition, we should ban bump fire altogether.  And really fast trigger fingers.  And aftermarket triggers.  The list goes on.

Of course, gun grabbers don't mind that at all.  But that's neither here nor there I guess.

"The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations," the NRA said in a statement in October.

They are not gun grabbers.

Edited by Rockpile233

7 minutes ago, garybusey said:

Move to Switzerland

I don't like their cheese or those mints they make

And Swiss army knives are for pussies and boy scouts

Men carry a Leatherman

I'll keep my freedom here in murica 

9 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

"The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations," the NRA said in a statement in October.

They are not gun grabbers.

No, but they are Fudd imbeciles.  That's why they don't get my money.  The GOA does.

But notice that they didn't say "ban."  And the ATF declined to put additional regulations on bump stocks way back in 2010.

2 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I don't like their cheese or those mints they make

And Swiss army knives are for pussies and boy scouts

Men carry a Leatherman

I'll keep my freedom here in murica 

I carry both Leatherman and (Gerber) Multi-Tool. Well not physically on me.  That would be gay, really gay.  And... I wouldn't want to be a tool carrying around multi multi-tools.  That's over-compensating.  Not that there is anything wrong with that, to each their own.

Anyway, I think the uniform service (@ least the Army) uses the Gerber. Strange, one of our safety awards given to us by the Army was a Leatherman.  Engraved with the Corps castle on it.  Pretty handy tool, but I like the Gerber better.

:D

1 minute ago, LeviF91 said:

No, but they are Fudd imbeciles.  That's why they don't get my money.  The GOA does.

But notice that they didn't say "ban."  And the ATF declined to put additional regulations on bump stocks way back in 2010.

What's GOA?  I suppose you can Google that for me. :D

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

:lol: friggin boomers :nana:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_Owners_of_America

The GOA has been described by Congressman Ron Paul as "The only no-compromise gun lobby in Washington." This quote from Paul has long been displayed prominently on the home page of the Gun Owners of America website, and Paul was the only 2008 presidential candidate to receive an A+ grade from Gun Owners of America.

You lost me at Ron Paul...

But anway is a bump stock even an “arm”? If representation does in fact craft a bill to ban sales of them and Trump signs it, how would the court interpret that?

It’s a very different climate than 2010 despite it being not that long ago.

I’m really asking here how you think they would interpret it I’m not pretending to know.

Edited by Rockpile233

6 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

You lost me at Ron Paul...

But anway is a bump stock even an “arm”? If representation does in fact craft a bill to ban sales of them and Trump signs it, how would the court interpret that?

It’s a very different climate than 2010 despite it being not that long ago.

I’m really asking here how you think they would interpret it I’m not pretending to know.

The new court has basically taken zero 2nd Amendment cases at this point.  A recent case that DC lost didn't even see the USSC's desk because DC decided not to appeal.  Historically, the USSC has taken very few cases regarding firearm modifications.  In other words: who knows?

19 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I carry both Leatherman and (Gerber) Multi-Tool. Well not physically on me.  That would be gay, really gay.  And... I wouldn't want to be a tool carrying around multi multi-tools.  That's over-compensating.  Not that there is anything wrong with that, to each their own.

Anyway, I think the uniform service (@ least the Army) uses the Gerber. Strange, one of our safety awards given to us by the Army was a Leatherman.  Engraved with the Corps castle on it.  Pretty handy tool, but I like the Gerber better.

I carry my Leatherman on me most of the time in it's side pouch when doing farm related taskes. Other times I generally carry a 5" locking blade knife. Even in suit and tie I carry it.

Just now, LeviF91 said:

The new court has basically taken zero 2nd Amendment cases at this point.  A recent case that DC lost didn't even see the USSC's desk because DC decided not to appeal.  Historically, the USSC has taken very few cases regarding firearm modifications.  In other words: who knows?

To me I would say a modification is not a firearm and thus wouldn’t be guaranteed under the second, but I’m in mechanical contracting and not constitutional law.

We’ll see if they even attempt legislation, I imagine this conversation will die down again soon enough.

2 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

To me I would say a modification is not a firearm and thus wouldn’t be guaranteed under the second, but I’m in mechanical contracting and not constitutional law.

We’ll see if they even attempt legislation, I imagine this conversation will die down again soon enough.

One thing I've learned about Con Law: you can make a decent argument for anything (though that never meant that Scalia [RIP] wouldn't mercilessly mock you for it).

10 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

I hope you are more careful handling firearms than you are in putting a sentence together.

Actually, I’m quite good at writing. I do all my interneting from my phone. I do not proofread what I write because I’m not doing it professionally or academically and I just do not care if you think I’m dumb. Why would I? 

Anyways, I don’t know what the issue is. I use an iPhone 8, with Chrome for my browser and weird things happen to what I write only on this forum. Weird. 

But, and not trying to be rude, I just do not care what you think of me intellectually speaking. If you wanna think I’ve got Down syndrome, mate, that’s fine with me. I won’t cry.

1 minute ago, The_Dude said:

Actually, I’m quite good at writing. I do all my interneting from my phone. I do not proofread what I write because I’m not doing it professionally or academically and I just do not care if you think I’m dumb. Why would I? 

Anyways, I don’t know what the issue is. I use an iPhone 8, with Chrome for my browser and weird things happen to what I write only on this forum. Weird. 

But, and not trying to be rude, I just do not care what you think of me intellectually speaking. If you wanna think I’ve got Down syndrome, mate, that’s fine with me. I won’t cry.

Go punch a car.

6 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Downe*. 

7 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Xer.  But closer to Boomer.  Kinda a "cusp" Boomer.

:P

Scary... Xers now 50...it's coming to get ya Millennials (Echo Boomers).

Reminds me of a bit of work humor earlier today.  I overheard a coworker mention flushing the ARP table so I asked if he was killing everyone over 50

• Haha (+1) 1