What is better, no guns, or more guns?

Just now, Joe Miner said:

What proposals of his do you like?

I like the minimum age being raised to 21 and legislation on bump stocks, especially considering they are designed to circumvent existing regulation.

The increased age requirement is my favorite, I think there is enough appetite for it even among gun owners.

1 minute ago, Rockpile233 said:

I like the minimum age being raised to 21 and legislation on bump stocks, especially considering they are designed to circumvent existing regulation.

The increased age requirement is my favorite, I think there is enough appetite for it even among gun owners.

What regulation do bump stocks circumvent, exactly? 

6 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

What regulation do bump stocks circumvent, exactly? 

Last I checked, full autos for personal ownership are not federally legal. Since when...the 80’s?

I get you are not modifying into a true fully automatic rifle, but if it’s having a similar effect we are splitting hairs. 

Are you arguing otherwise?

Edited by Rockpile233

The landscape is:

1.  Those who want no change or restrictions at all, see nothing wrong with the status quo (in the pocket of the GOP)

2.  Those who want the right to private gun ownership but realize enough is enough

3.  Those who want to ban every weapon including the peashooter (in the pocket of the Dems)

So he wants to carve out a position that seems like he is doing something for the 2nd group.

And he will...

13 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

So you feel that legally purchased guns by 18,19, and 20 year olds is what's causing mass shootings?

Is that just a gut feeling or do you have data to support it?

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

The landscape is:

1.  Those who want no change or restrictions at all, see nothing wrong with the status quo (in the pocket of the GOP)

2.  Those who want the right to private gun ownership but realize enough is enough

3.  Those who want to ban every weapon including the peashooter (in the pocket of the Dems)

4.  People like me, who don't think about guns all the time because they already have a perfectly magnificent, functioning penis.

:)

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Cugalabanza said:

4.  People like me, who don't think about guns all the time because they already have a perfectly magnificent, functioning penis.

:)

and are you a friend of Trump?

5 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

21 is fugtarded.  There should be no legal age set by the gov. It should be individual policy and commercial policy to make their own rights.

Before anyone points to the bill of rights...yes I understand the right to drive a vehicle is not found there, BUT

I got my license at age 16....yet it was a conditional license (couldn’t drive past 9:00pm, etc.). Even if you don’t support a federal age minimum at 21, can’t we at least make some conditions to gun ownership at younger ages? Additionally wait times, proof of safety courses, etc? Something!? 

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Trump is just trying to trick Republican mid term voters into getting out and voting. If the Dems wins Trump will team up with them to ban all guns! 

it's not tricking, it's smart campaigning for 2020 already

you actually take a politician at his or her word?

how cute and sweet...

10 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

So you feel that legally purchased guns by 18,19, and 20 year olds is what's causing mass shootings?

Is that just a gut feeling or do you have data to support it?

Umm Parkland?

It’s obviously a complex issue, but having conversations about it shouldn’t scare people. Obviously the nightclub shooting or Vegas would still have happened.

Causing the shootings is a very strong statement. The ability for an 18-20 year old to buy a gun is not the CAUSE of shootings. I just think stricter limits, on age ranges most agree are more prone to emotional outbursts, makes sense.

Edited by Rockpile233
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

Umm Parkland?

It’s obviously a complex issue, but having conversations about it shouldn’t scare people. Obviously the nightclub shooting or Vegas would still have happened.

So that's 1 issue, and when you look deeper than the surface, you'll find many opportunities to have prevented the shooting, if not the purchasing if the gun as well.

So is 1 issue where you're basing this legislation?  That seems reactionary at best.

Do you actually have statistics that support legal gun owners between the ages of 18-20 are what's causing the mass shootings in society?

We're having a conversation, don't confuse my disagreement with you as not having a conversation.  You want to propose legislation that will limit rights in this country.  All I'm asking is for some amount of statistical evidence that this legislation will improve anything.

Edited by Joe Miner

13 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

Umm Parkland?

Causing the shootings is a very strong statement. The ability for an 18-20 year old to buy a gun is not the CAUSE of shootings. I just think stricter limits, on age ranges most agree are more prone to emotional outbursts, makes sense.

Rockpile, you missed all of this conversation a few weeks ago, you are trying to start it all over again. Feelings are more divided than before.

Where were you?

1 minute ago, Joe Miner said:

So that's 1 issue, and when you look deeper than the surface, you'll find many opportunities to have prevented the shooting, if not the purchasing if the gun as well.

So is 1 issue where you're basing this legislation?  That seems reactionary at best.

Do you actually have statistics that support legal gun owners between the ages of 18-20 are what's causing the mass shootings in society?

You keep putting words in my mouth that legal ownership is a cause...it isn’t. 

If you just don’t think any of this is a big enough issue to do ANYTHING, then sure that’s a consistent opinion. I would say your opinion is becoming the minority one today.

Increasing the age limit a couple years isn’t any real assault on your rights. To say otherwise is mostly fear mongering.

8 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

You keep putting words in my mouth that legal ownership is a cause...it isn’t. 

If you just don’t think any of this is a big enough issue to do ANYTHING, then sure that’s a consistent opinion. I would say your opinion is becoming the minority one today.

Increasing the age limit a couple years isn’t any real assault on your rights. To say otherwise is mostly fear mongering.

went through this a thousand times on here the last few weeks already...