What is better, no guns, or more guns?

8 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Considering no one was hurt except for a sprained ankle, it has the desired result, but then again what prevents a teacher from doing something like that anyway? 

1 hour ago, Rockpile233 said:

“Take the gun first, go through due process second.” - The Don

Thoughts conservatives?

I’m waiting on Conservatives’ comments...

How would this statement have been received if it came from the former administration? I think“meltdown” wouldn’t do it justice...

Edited by Rockpile233
  • Like (+1) 1

Wow. I had first hopped into this thread to post about the Georgia school shooting. This thread, and some of the people in it are special. Special Jack, "Full Retard" special, but special.

Outside Person: "Wow, these shootings have been happening a lot. Maybe we should look at having stricter access to high capacity magazines and guns that can be easily be used for mass shootings.

"Special Jack:" Well, it's tragic, but you can't legislate your morality over our intrinsic freedoms, even if there is a higher cost."

Outside Person: "I don't think the government has a place to say what I do with my medical care, especially when it comes to birth control and whether I produce a human life"

"Special Jack:" How dare you! My specific reading of a 6000 year old document which advocates daughters screwing their fathers tells me that a clump of fertilized cells is a complete human life! Therefore, we are going to  ban everything  associated with this process, even if it doesn't actually do what I my sincerely held personal beliefs say it does! How can you support those baby part farms!!!

Come at me.

12 minutes ago, Commsvet11 said:

Considering no one was hurt except for a sprained ankle, it has the desired result, but then again what prevents a teacher from doing something like that anyway? 

Yeah. That's why it's a stupid idea.

Edited by WhitewalkerInPhilly
  • Like (+1) 2

Thoughts conservatives?

This is what "conservative" Trump fans get for putting a megalomaniac in power. They made their bed with an idiot and now they are rightfully being laughed at. It's sad because I am staunchly anti-gun control and I think Trump will push the country further towards gun control.

15 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is what "conservative" Trump fans get for putting a megalomaniac in power. They made their bed with an idiot and now they are rightfully being laughed at. It's sad because I am staunchly anti-gun control and I think Trump will push the country further towards gun control.

I feel for you man. I might seem like a lefty loon to some of the people on here, but I was legit looking for a better, more conservative option. Most conservatives I know in person are real people, and they tend to have specific complaints, and while we disagree at the end of the day I know where they are coming from.

Some of the Trumpers though man...

• Like (+1) 2

Thoughts conservatives?

31 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

How would this statement have been received if it came from the former administration? I think“meltdown” wouldn’t do it justice...

I'm more of a libertarian than a conservative, but I'm glad to respond. I think it's a dumb thing to say, and I'd like to think that was possibly a throwaway line or that the original context couches it differently. Whatever the intention, I think (or hope so anyway) that everybody here understands that due process is paramount.

And yes, had prior presidents said such a thing, I'd be angered by it just as easily. Right is right and wrong is wrong, no matter who says it.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Wow. I had first hopped into this thread to post about the Georgia school shooting. This thread, and some of the people in it are special. Special Jack, "Full Retard" special, but special.

Outside Person: "Wow, these shootings have been happening a lot. Maybe we should look at having stricter access to high capacity magazines and guns that can be easily be used for mass shootings.

"Special Jack:" Well, it's tragic, but you can't legislate your morality over our intrinsic freedoms, even if there is a higher cost."

Outside Person: "I don't think the government has a place to say what I do with my medical care, especially when it comes to birth control and whether I produce a human life"

"Special Jack:" How dare you! My specific reading of a 6000 year old document which advocates daughters screwing their fathers tells me that a clump of fertilized cells is a complete human life! Therefore, we are going to  ban everything  associated with this process, even if it doesn't actually do what I my sincerely held personal beliefs say it does! How can you support those baby part farms!!!

Or how about you come to the realization that these problems are here to stay, that gun control is NOT the solution, if you ban something, it doesn’t go away, the black market will provide it, such a simple concept doesn’t register with you people. So you can’t ban guns, what’s your other solution? Because you people don’t register it’s impossible to ban guns, your argument is fantasy, and should be dismissed. 

Now onto your take on medical care, “

“I don’t think the government has a place to say what I do with my medical care, especially when it comes to birth control and whether I produce a human life" 

Cool outside person, I agree, but uh PP get federally funds, and uh democrats passed a government mandate on health insurance so actually your side kinda does want government to have a say. 

I'm going to break this apart by each separate

4 minutes ago, Commsvet11 said:

Or how about you come to the realization that these problems are here to stay, that gun control is NOT the solution, if you ban something, it doesn’t go away, the black market will provide it, such a simple concept doesn’t register with you people. So you can’t ban guns, what’s your other solution? Because you people don’t register it’s impossible to ban guns, your argument is fantasy, and should be dismissed. 

I agree that it's a problem. But you are also neglecting the issue of scarcity and impulse. If you have to go through a black market, one with effective policing, to get what you want, and it costs more as a result, it deters a quick, spur of the moment "Imma shoot my guns". Of course, we can't get rid of all of it. There are too many in the market to stop shootings all together at this point. But if extended magazines require tens of thousands of dollars to purchase, and you have an effective, well trained and funded ATF arresting sellers who do it illegally, maybe we at least reduce the number.

BTW, what is this "You people" you are referring to

4 minutes ago, Commsvet11 said:

Or how about you come to the realization that these problems are here to stay, that gun control is NOT the solution, if you ban something, it doesn’t go away, the black market 

“I don’t think the government has a place to say what I do with my medical care, especially when it comes to birth control and whether I produce a human life" 

Cool outside person, I agree, but uh PP get federally funds, and uh democrats passed a government mandate on health insurance so actually your side kinda does want government to have a say. 

Well, that's fine. Except, under the current legal definition, a fetus isn't a person. it's a medical procedure. We don't FORCE people to give blood to dying patients, because we have bodiily autonomy. 

So yes, the federal government does fund health clinics. It also has backed insurance programs.

But by your logic, I should be able to go to say, "Well, it's too bad your child has cancer, but my imaginary buddy Steve thinks that your daughter should die of it. Because I sincerely believe this, I'm sorry, the doctors aren't going to be able to treat her. She's probably a whore anyway and likely deserves it"

Said like that, I should be dragged out of the hospital and beaten to a bloody pulp. But somehow when pro-lifers say, "Well, she shouldn't have been such a slut to get knocked up. Who cares if its a life threatening medical condition, a life is a life" that is somehow more legitimate.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I feel for you man. I might seem like a lefty loon to some of the people on here, but I was legit looking for a better, more conservative option. Most conservatives I know in person are real people, and they tend to have specific complaints, and while we disagree at the end of the day I know where they are coming from.

Some of the Trumpers though man...

I'm moderate, you couldn't really classify my beliefs in any consistent way. In general I tend to be socially liberal and fiscally conservative, but above all else I support intellectualism and that's the last thing that Trump stands for. He's an embarrassment and he's in WAY over his head. I believe the GOP will suffer a bloodbath in November.

20 minutes ago, Azalin said:

I'm more of a libertarian than a conservative, but I'm glad to respond. I think it's a dumb thing to say, and I'd like to think that was possibly a throwaway line or that the original context couches it differently. Whatever the intention, I think (or hope so anyway) that everybody here understands that due process is paramount.

And yes, had prior presidents said such a thing, I'd be angered by it just as easily. Right is right and wrong is wrong, no matter who says it.

I'd be angrier if it were said by someone I take seriously.

As it is...in true Trumpian fashion, he's got his opponents complaining about the very policy they espouse.  :lol:

It is executive overreach, and unConstitutional.  I believe it is premeditated though, to steer the (conservative) Court into a ruling on the Constitutionality of executive orders making end runs around the Constitution.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I'd be angrier if it were said by someone I take seriously.

As it is...in true Trumpian fashion, he's got his opponents complaining about the very policy they espouse.  :lol:

No, no, I am very much against moving without due process.

But it is interesting to hold up yet another example of him being unfit to run a High School Mock UN, never mind the nation.

Hell, he probably thinks Mock UN is when he goes into the UN and makes decides to do a comedy roast.

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

It is executive overreach, and unConstitutional.  I believe it is premeditated though, to steer the (conservative) Court into a ruling on the Constitutionality of executive orders making end runs around the Constitution.

That’s an interesting thought.

Are you referring to the bump stock ban he threatened via EO?

2 hours ago, garybusey said:

Of course it's hard to tell for an idiot like you.

Okay, if I'm an idiot because I don't know what constitutes an assault-style rifle, then I'll admit I'm an idiot if you can break down which guns, specifically, come under the heading of "assault-style rifles."

Make and model will be fine. I'll wait.

2 hours ago, Rockpile233 said:

Trump supporting age increase, bump stock ban (even if it takes EO), and bolstering the background check system!!

Can’t stop him from winning over gun nuts.

Winning!

He also stated that he has no problem taking guns from people who may be deemed dangerous BEFORE they are legitimately deemed dangerous, and before the court gets involved. Real anti-2A stuff.

Why, it's almost like he was a lifelong Democrat who suddenly decided to run as a Republican.

Weird how no one caught that. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

At the heart of it he’s a people pleaser. I don’t think it’s much more than that quite honestly.

Unfortunately for Trump, he's not going to please a lot of people with his anti-2A and and NRA rhetoric.

I mean, yes, he'll please the smaller people with the loudest megaphones, but the people who voted for him? Not so much.

34 minutes ago, Commsvet11 said:

, FYI it is prohibited to use tax dollars on abortions. So when you complain about it being the federal government's decision, you already won. People have to use their own money. When you talk about getting rid of Planned Parenthood funding what you are talking about is getting rid of the things that stop abortions. Like contraceptives and Medical Care. So the only reason for your little Jihad is that you don't like it, and you think you should get to impose your religion on everyone else

• Like (+1) 1