What is better, no guns, or more guns?

18 minutes ago, LeviF said:

So the short version of what you said, if I deciphered it correctly, is that Republicans won't fund public services like health care, education, and diversion programs for those who may be inclined toward criminality.  This is the mainstream boomerliberal answer to my question.

The far left will instead say something like, "well the 'good old days' in the cities were only ever good for white people, they marginalized minorities to a degree that made their lives hell."

The far left explanation is more correct than the mainstream liberal explanation. 

For some reason you started ranting about red state crime rates. Why do you think red states have higher murder and violent crime rates?

I’m still laughing that you are equating the alt-right to politicians in Democrat run cities. Could that argument be more pathetic and a reach?

And now you’re gonna tell me that all these red states with just about poor and under performing everything  is due to their cities governed by Democratic mayors - meanwhile; those same Democratic mayors have to navigate the laws set out by RED STATES...

And now you’re blaming white flight on exclusively democrats? jfc.

Bottom line - you want to live longer and have better healthcare, education and quality of life - move to anything blue.

Now go unite the right and def be sure not to say gay; sugarcoat history, control women, disenfranchise blacks and erase LGTBQ.

And most importantly - give everyone a gun and blame Democrats for being soft on crime.

Idiots 

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

And now you’re blaming white flight on exclusively democrats? jfc.

Ah see, you've stumbled on the more correct explanation than the boomerlib explanation. "White flight" means "all the white people left," correct? And this is why these places are hellholes?

2 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Ah see, you've stumbled on the more correct explanation than the boomerlib explanation. "White flight" means "all the white people left," correct? And this is why these places are hellholes?

In the tiny minded the solution is simple. Want a better life?  Move to a “blue” state. 

9 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Stumbled across nothing but your ignorance and hypocrisy. 

I live in Boston. Great city. Perfect? Nope. Massholes? Yes but far better place to live than most places.

9 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

In the tiny minded the solution is simple. Want a better life?  Move to a “blue” state. 

And in typical MAGA fashion - you can’t counter one thing I wrote about RED states and offer ZERO solutions.

#winning 

5 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I live in Boston. Great city. Perfect? Nope. Massholes? Yes but far better place to live than most places.

You're still living in the fallout from busing up there. I spent untold hours researching suicides in South Boston in undergrad as a work-study.

6 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Stumbled across nothing but your ignorance and hypocrisy. 

And in typical MAGA fashion - you can’t counter one thing I wrote about RED states and offer ZERO solutions.

#winning 

I’ve offered many “solutions”. You even liked them.  But I guess because I’m “MAGA” you forgot you actually agreed with something I said. 

Let me ask you. Where is the concentration of crime in red states?  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LeviF said:

You're still living in the fallout from busing up there. I spent untold hours researching suicides in South Boston in undergrad as a work-study.

Did you happen to study why red states have the highest suicide rates in the country?

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I’ve offered many “solutions”. You even liked them.  But I guess because I’m “MAGA” you forgot you actually agreed with something I said. 

Let me ask you. Where is the concentration of crime in red states?  

Jim, you are one of the few that DO offer solutions... but in this conversation with Levi - he hasn't provided one solution to support his OPINION that Republicans are better at improving the quality of life, homeless, rising crime, and poor school performance when red states are a mess.

4 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Fewer catholics.

Oh interesting. Do you have a source for this?

7 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Jim, you are one of the few that DO offer solutions... but in this conversation with Levi - he hasn't provided one solution to support his OPINION that Republicans are better at improving the quality of life, homeless, rising crime, and poor school performance when red states are a mess.

Huh? When did I say that? 

I even said that mainstream conservative (aka most of GOP) explanations (and therefore solutions) are less correct than others.

This is why nobody likes talking to you.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Huh? When did I say that? 

I even said that mainstream conservative (aka most of GOP) explanations (and therefore solutions) are less correct than others.

This is why nobody likes talking to you.

HA lol - when pressed for facts and sources you run... it is always easier to spew what Tucker told you to believe about the issue.

You can always go back to your safe place ATOP and enjoy the sugarcoats and circle jerk parties!

11 minutes ago, BillStime said:

HA lol - when pressed for facts and sources you run... it is always easier to spew what Tucker told you to believe about the issue.

You can always go back to your safe place ATOP and enjoy the sugarcoats and circle jerk parties!

You claim that white people, in absentia, are responsible for the problems that are created after they leave a place. This is clearly obtuse.

Jackson, MS is a perfect case. The water was undrinkable after all the white people left. Therefore it's white people's fault.

Black folks aren't entitled to live near white folks. They aren't entitled to benefit from the tax dollars that come with the white folks. "White flight" is simply leftist branding of a common-sense reaction to watching one's neighborhood fall into ruin.

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

Good job of not addressing my remark about where the concentration of crime in red states is.   Care to take a stab at it? 

8 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Good job of not addressing my remark about where the concentration of crime in red states is.   Care to take a stab at it? 

If you were paying attention - you would have noticed that I already addressed that in my exchange with Levi.

Meanwhile, back at the thread 

The Left tries to twist the facts to misrepresent the argument. 

THE ILLUSTRATION IS OF A CUTE LITTLE GIRL, BUT THE STUDY COVERS “CHILDREN UP TO AGE 19.” 

Two studies, one finding: Guns injure, kill rising number of children in U.S.

Sorry, but I don’t consider a shot-up 19-year-old gang-banger a “pediatric firearms injury,” and acting otherwise is bad faith, if not actual scientific fraud. By this standard, many of the dead at Normandy were “pediatric firearms injuries.”

https://www.upi.com/Health_News/2022/12/19/gun-homicides-children-studies/4101671459426/

I wonder if a very high federal sales tax on AR-15 type weapons would cut down future sales like it did for cigarettes. 

Now there is a small add on device to change a glock pistol to full auto

A switch, or Glock switch, is a quarter-sized device that slides into the back of a handgun and converts it into an automatic weapon. “It'll expend as many rounds as in the magazine with one trigger pull,” North Charleston Police Lt. Fred Hoose says.

Law enforcement says people are 3D printing Glock switches. They’re also getting them online and from overseas and then distributing them throughout the U.S.

“ATF had a nationwide case in 2020 where we figured out that one particular company had smuggled over 4,000 of these into the country,” Godsave says.

https://www.live5news.com/2022/09/02/tiny-illegal-device-turning-handguns-into-automatic-weapons-popping-up-around-lowcountry/

Edited by ALF

9 minutes ago, ALF said:

I wonder if a very high federal sales tax on AR-15 type weapons would cut down future sales like it did for cigarettes. 

Now there is a small add on device to change a glock pistol to full auto

A switch, or Glock switch, is a quarter-sized device that slides into the back of a handgun and converts it into an automatic weapon. “It'll expend as many rounds as in the magazine with one trigger pull,” North Charleston Police Lt. Fred Hoose says.

https://www.live5news.com/2022/09/02/tiny-illegal-device-turning-handguns-into-automatic-weapons-popping-up-around-lowcountry/

I absolutely disagree with the tax especially if it’s a federal tax.  A tax like that needs to stay local. 

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

lol - I already addressed your pathetic question in comments to Levi. You are purposely choosing not to acknowledge them because it destroys your argument. 

No my argument absolutely stands.  The red state crime rates are skewed via concentration of crime in blue governed cities.  

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I absolutely disagree with the tax especially if it’s a federal tax.  A tax like that needs to stay local. 

No my argument absolutely stands.  The red state crime rates are skewed via concentration of crime in blue governed cities.  

Oh, SO YOU DID READ MY COMMENTS - jfc - lmao

Yeah, those blue cities have to play the rules set out by those red state legislatures.

And btw - go look up the crime in rural areas in red states - absolute poverty leads to crime.

Bottom line: RED STATES SUCK and I'm tired of my TAX dollars going to those states to bail them out.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Oh, SO YOU DID READ MY COMMENTS - jfc - lmao

Yeah, those blue cities have to play the rules set out by those red state legislatures.

And btw - go look up the crime in rural areas in red states - absolute poverty leads to crime.

Bottom line: RED STATES SUCK and I'm tired of my TAX dollars going to those states to bail them out.

I did not read your post it’s common knowledge. And no.…cities have their own laws, underfunded law enforcement and lax DA’s.   How do you explain crime in blue cities in blue states such as SF/LA/Seattle/Philly etc etc? 

Are you ***** wrong on everything?

If you don’t like your tax dollars being used in other states maybe you need to move out of the US because that’s how things work here. 

• Like (+1) 1

Buffalo! 

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/21/us/buffalo-lawsuit-firearm-manufacturers/index.html

The city of Buffalo, New York, filed a lawsuit against several gun manufacturers and distributors Tuesday, alleging they fueled violence in the city by making or providing “thousands of firearms recovered in crimes committed in the City of Buffalo and New York State.”

The suit filed in the Erie County branch of New York’s Supreme Court alleges firearm companies like Smith and Wesson, Beretta, Remington, Glock, and Bushmaster as well as what the lawsuit terms “ghost gun companies,” including Arm or Ally and Polymer80, contributed to a condition “that endangers the safety and health of the public” of the city.

“Members of our community have suffered too much and for too long from gun violence,” Buffalo Mayor Byron W. Brown said at a news conference Tuesday. “We must do everything we can to decrease gun violence. Enabling the possession of illegal guns destroys lives and deeply affects our neighborhoods, especially in Black and Brown communities.”

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Tiberius said:

Buffalo! 

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/21/us/buffalo-lawsuit-firearm-manufacturers/index.html

The city of Buffalo, New York, filed a lawsuit against several gun manufacturers and distributors Tuesday, alleging they fueled violence in the city by making or providing “thousands of firearms recovered in crimes committed in the City of Buffalo and New York State.”

The suit filed in the Erie County branch of New York’s Supreme Court alleges firearm companies like Smith and Wesson, Beretta, Remington, Glock, and Bushmaster as well as what the lawsuit terms “ghost gun companies,” including Arm or Ally and Polymer80, contributed to a condition “that endangers the safety and health of the public” of the city.

“Members of our community have suffered too much and for too long from gun violence,” Buffalo Mayor Byron W. Brown said at a news conference Tuesday. “We must do everything we can to decrease gun violence. Enabling the possession of illegal guns destroys lives and deeply affects our neighborhoods, especially in Black and Brown communities.”

Um.  Them Violent criminals they got them from, did not buy them from said gun manufacturers. or even from a legitimate gun store.

When has buffalo police even found a ghost gun in a crime?

This is no different than the state wasting our tax dollars on moronic anti-gun laws that are only going to get struck down by the courts and make people less safe.

here is a crazy Idea for Buffalo. Charge Illegal possession of a gun to the max level in the NYS penal code vs the current process of catch and release for possession.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Um.  Them Violent criminals they got them from, did not buy them from said gun manufacturers. or even from a legitimate gun store.

When has buffalo police even found a ghost gun in a crime?

This is no different than the state wasting our tax dollars on moronic anti-gun laws that are only going to get struck down by the courts and make people less safe.

here is a crazy Idea for Buffalo. Charge Illegal possession of a gun to the max level in the NYS penal code vs the current process of catch and release for possession.

I don’t know why it’s so easy for violent criminals to get guns in this country. It’s like operation chaos or something. Evil people that enjoy seeing murders happen 

47 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I did not read your post it’s common knowledge. And no.…cities have their own laws, underfunded law enforcement and lax DA’s.   How do you explain crime in blue cities in blue states such as SF/LA/Seattle/Philly etc etc? 

Are you ***** wrong on everything?

If you don’t like your tax dollars being used in other states maybe you need to move out of the US because that’s how things work here. 

You’re telling me city laws supersede state laws?

WRONG

When there is a conflict of interest between a state law and a local law, the state law takes precedence.

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I don’t know why it’s so easy for violent criminals to get guns in this country. It’s like operation chaos or something. Evil people that enjoy seeing murders happen 

Isn’t the appropriate question why there are so many violent criminals in this country? 

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Guns make it easier to be violent, that's for sure. 

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

So you’re saying if I could get my hands on a gun, I’d be more likely to become a criminal? Sounds like chicken and egg to me. 

I think he's saying as soon as you touch a gun, violent thoughts come to mind.

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So you’re saying if I could get my hands on a gun, I’d be more likely to become a criminal? Sounds like chicken and egg to me. 

Did I say that? No. But you said it 

But a criminal is more likely to be violent with a gun, you can't agree because of political blinders, I know 

3 minutes ago, Westside said:

I think he's saying as soon as you touch a gun, violent thoughts come to mind.

I think you are mentally on the level of a 6th grader 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Tiberius said:

Did I say that? No. But you said it 

But a criminal is more likely to be violent with a gun, you can't agree because of political blinders, I know 

Wrong. As I’ve said many times, I’m not a gun guy. I’m also not a criminal! Maybe we should spend more time dealing with why these kids are so apt to choose crime. Huh? 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Tiberius said:

This is not about you. 

Why isn’t it?

Did you go in a store this week? I’m betting you did. Did you steal anything? 

Did you walk past someone carrying a purse or package? I’m betting you did. Did you mug them? 

Should I go on? 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Why isn’t it?

Did you walk past someone carrying a purse or package? I’m betting you did. Did you mug them? 

Should I go on? 

So? 

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Why isn’t it?

Should I go on? 

Since Tibs and the progressive cult have done such a swell job of taking care of the poor in blue cities, they will now focus on keeping gun owners safe from themselves. It's Tibs new years resolution for 2023. 

• Like (+1) 1