What is better, no guns, or more guns?

Gun safety should be a required subject in every grammar school. An advanced gun safety course including live firing on a range should be a requirement to receive a High School diploma.

What? Are you suggesting that dodge ball with nerf balls and square dancing in gym class be replaced with shooting a gun?

What? Are you suggesting that dodge ball with nerf balls and square dancing in gym class be replaced with shooting a gun?

It would never hold up because we don't have the stomach for it. The first incident in which something goes wrong, god forbid somebody accidentally shot, and it will go in the can. No matter the individual negligence, it will be seen as an issue with the program as a whole before it is written off as sole incident.

Just like they lament the 8-12 million "assault weapons" in the US as horrible and craziness, and at the same time not acknowledge that mass shootings happen with "assault weapons" totaling in the single digits each year. (Or 0.0001% of the outstanding weapons)

Edited by What a Tuel

Gun safety should be a required subject in every grammar school. An advanced gun safety course including live firing on a range should be a requirement to receive a High School diploma.

So basically you want kids to grow up with PTSD.

denel-g5-155mm.jpg

I figured you already had one of these parked in your front yard?

If I had one of those, I would end my Fourth of July parties with an 1812 Overture that would make the guy down the street with the over the top Christmas decorations feel quite inadequate

Pretty slick dust cover on the AR the girl has. Black rain ordnance lol clever.

I was just looking at an "nysafe" "legal" black rain ar15.

More guns, not less guns.

This country needs more guns in the hands of law abiding, responsible, citizens. Guns should be responsibly kept and maintained in schools by certified administrators, in hospitals, and more freely able to be carried concealed in more public commercial places.

Also the federal government needs to standardize interstate travel requirements with respect to handguns so one doesn't have to stop at every state border to figure out how their gun is permissibly able to be transported within the cabin of their car.

Also, I firmly believe that "may issue" states should carry the burden to provide articulable reasons why they are not issuing a ccp. And I think that individuals who have had a ccp for 10 years with no issue and no change to their carry status (e.g., no violent issues or offenses, arrests, etc), should not be required to continue to apply for recertification of their permit. And there should be more "unrestricted" states so long as an initial finding of competency to carry is established.

More guns. More guns. More guns.

I 100% agree with everything you said.

Strange times were in lol.....

Damned South African import/export restrictions.

Maybe you can settle for an M65? Might be more your style.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/M65_atomic_cannon

Can't find the video anymore, but there were at least two where an artillery piece fired three successive rounds in three different trajectories, and all three shells landed squarely on the same target... simultaneously. A thing of beauty. I'm sure Tom has at least one of those in this garage. :ph34r: