Jabrari Greer unsure if he'll play again

I wish him well. That was a devastating injury and it sounds like motivation is as much a part of the situation as is his physical well being. I hated to see him leave Buffalo and hate more this is how his career may end. Good luck Jabari.

It's always better to not pay proven veterans and let them walk then draft unproven replacements that can't play and pay them very little.

The beauty of the strategy you've described is that you get to expend your first round picks replacing departing veterans. If a hamster wheel is entertaining for hamsters, why not for football teams?

I get the impression from the interviews I've read that it may primarily be that he's simply ready to be a family guy instead of football player. The injury obviously being a factor/catalyst but he seems happy and at peace being with the family

he got not one but 2 real contracts from the Saints, each with an attendant signing bonus.

Something tells me he is set up for life, and he is not an idiot.

Sux what happened to him but one saving grace is that it happened when he was 30+, and not at 24.

Classy guy, classy player. UDFA IIRC, a real winner.

he got not one but 2 real contracts from the Saints, each with an attendant signing bonus.

Something tells me he is set up for life, and he is not an idiot.

Sux what happened to him but one saving grace is that it happened when he was 30+, and not at 24.

Classy guy, classy player. UDFA IIRC, a real winner.

Nice post .

hope the rest will have as much class as these previous 9 ^

Shame for Jabari, but I feel pretty confident he took care of his family money-wise.

He's such a classy guy, and incredibly humble. I always get flamed for sayin it, but keeping McGee for $7M/year over Greer for $5.5M/year was one of this team's biggest mistakes.

Very happy for him that he got a Superbowl ring, and I hope he sticks around the game for the good of the next generation of players.