Marijuna related health problems on the rise in US

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been taking hydrocodone for my back and I think it's safe to say that probably played a bigger factor than the pot.

"The detective also testified that the only drug found in Richard’s system was THC"

"The detective also testified that the only drug found in Richard’s system was THC"

I'm no drug counselor or psychologist, but that just doesn't add up to me. even when I started getting paranoid from smoking, I never had a violent thought or inclination, and I've never heard of anyone else being affected that way, ever. I could understand being so baked that you might be responsible for an accidental death, but an outburst of violent, lethal insanity? there had to be some seriously loose screws in this person's head to begin with.

No doubt. But, there are a ton of these that run counter to the "all pot does is mellow you out."..............Remember the guy in Florida who they thought was on bath salts when he ate the other guys face on the street. No, turned out it was just pot. (IIRC)

No doubt. But, there are a ton of these that run counter to the "all pot does is mellow you out."..............Remember the guy in Florida who they thought was on bath salts when he ate the other guys face on the street. No, turned out it was just pot. (IIRC)

It was not widely reported but that guy was blind and the face eating took place just 14 feet from the entrance to a Honey Baked Ham store. I think it was all a case of mistaken identity.

Well, pot does give a person the munchies.

A new study suggests that a few strong whiffs of black pepper can calm anxiety brought on by marijuana

How Black Pepper relieves Cannabis Anxiety

By Owen Smith — 17 Jul, 2014

http://cannabisdiges...nnabis-anxiety/

From the article

While working at the Victoria Cannabis Buyers Club I was able to teach some of the members about Black Pepper. While benefiting from the medicinal effects of THC, these patients suffered from bouts with anxiety while medicating.

Most patients who have tried this simply took a few sniffs of the black pepper to receive an almost immediate effect. Others have reported that after chewing on pepper corns they felt relief within an hour...

How about not smoking pot as a cure for paranoia/anxiety? Black pepper will make them sneeze and they'll have to cure that with something else, then what will happen?

I've been taking hydrocodone for my back and I think it's safe to say that probably played a bigger factor than the pot.

I was given Norco last year following surgery to repair the tendon in my thumb. After a week of chomping the pills, I gave the bottle to my wife and said "Keep these away unless I'm writhing in pain."

Best drug ever.

I was given Norco last year following surgery to repair the tendon in my thumb. After a week of chomping the pills, I gave the bottle to my wife and said "Keep these away unless I'm writhing in pain."

Best drug ever.

Weed would accomplish the same thing, without the dependency, constipation, or depression commonly associated with opiates. I'm not even joking on this one, which is why it's ridiculous for it to be excluded from a doctor's arsenal of pain relief options.

Best drug ever.

Yours lasted you a week?? Bravo my man, bravo. But then again they only gave me 15 and I was supposed to take half a one every day. Yeah, right.

Weed would accomplish the same thing, without the dependency, constipation, or depression commonly associated with opiates. I'm not even joking on this one, which is why it's ridiculous for it to be excluded from a doctor's arsenal of pain relief options.

I'm looking at getting a medical marijuana card for my back pain. I have a colleague who lives in Denver says they have tinctures you take orally or creams you put on the pain like ben-gay. He said ask for the lowest percentage of THC and the highest in CBD. I don't want the buzz, I want the pain relief.

Yours lasted you a week?? Bravo my man, bravo. But then again they only gave me 15 and I was supposed to take half a one every day. Yeah, right.

I'm looking at getting a medical marijuana card for my back pain. I have a colleague who lives in Denver says they have tinctures you take orally or creams you put on the pain like ben-gay. He said ask for the lowest percentage of THC and the highest in CBD. I don't want the buzz, I want the pain relief.

My lady-friend does not get high and hates smoke/weed in general but I've turned her on to the CBD creams for the arthritis in her hands and she says they work like gangbusters. She uses it on her feet too after a long day of wearing uncomfortable shoes and swears by it.

The creams and balms are getting better every month too, more CBD and less THC.

Anybody see this?

http://www.livetradingnews.com/a-benefit-of-legal-marijuana-fewer-deaths-from-rx-painkillers-2-67104.htm

"Gateway" to where?

"States that have legalized Medical Marijuana tend to experience an unexpected benefit; fewer overdose deaths from narcotic painkillers, a new study suggests.

Access to Medical Marijuana is associated with 25% fewer Rx (prescription) drug overdose deaths each year compared to states where Medical Marijuana is illegal, according to findings published on 25 August in JAMA Internal Medicine.

Plus, states that passed Medical Marijuana laws see their overdose death rates decrease dramatically in the years immediately afterward, researchers reported.

The study authors believe that people suffering from chronic pain tend to rely on Medical Marijuana when they have that option, which reduces the risk of addiction and overdose that accompanies use of narcotic medications..."

This thread is a good discussion of the continuum from stoner to pain-relieved patient. The non-smoked applications of THC intrigue me, e.g. Greggy's lady friend's experience.

For many pain/seizure issues it's strains with virtually no THC. So that leads me to one conclusion. People looking for medical marijuana high in THC = stoners. So I would love to see the amount of marijuana sales from these dispensaries where people are asking for strains high in THC.

For many pain/seizure issues it's strains with virtually no THC. So that leads me to one conclusion. People looking for medical marijuana high in THC = stoners. So I would love to see the amount of marijuana sales from these dispensaries where people are asking for strains high in THC.

Has to be virually everyone. You smoke weed to be high. That is it.

I have the same view of beer, really. Although I can have 2 or 3 on occasion, most of the time I have 10-12 and a few shots and just hammered. I view alcohol as when I am drinking it, there is a purpose with it, to get a buzz.