Marijuna related health problems on the rise in US

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you want from me? I smoke pot.

Ok then ponder this for your next thread:

What if what I see as red, you see as blue and DC Tom sees as green?

What color will it look like to Beerboy?

To the rest of PPP: You're welcome. That ought to keep him thinking, thus not posting, for a week or so.

To the rest of PPP: You're welcome. That ought to keep him thinking, thus not posting, for a week or so.

Purple.

As nearly always, the comments are better than the article. It appears they have their own DC Tom:

AJA - No need to check your sources, I did it for you. Might want to check on these before you report on them again. The "59%" comes from a UNODC report (http://www.unodc.org/documents/wdr2014/Cannabis_2014_web.pdf'>http://www.unodc.org/documents/wdr2014/Cannabis_2014_web.pdf), which took the data from the DEA report here (http://www.unodc.org/documents/wdr2014/Cannabis_2014_web.pdf), which on the bottom of page 12, references the data comes from another report by DAWN, found here (http://www.drugscience.org/Petition/C4D.html). If AJA actually READ all this, the 59% is ACTUALLY marijuana use in combination with other druges, primarily alcohol. "Marijuana-related" is so used too liberally in reference here...just because it's used in combination with other drugs, you can't write articles like this that skew perceptions that suggest it's marijuana itself that's causing more emergency-room visits. Please do your homework next time and not leave it up to your readers to interpret statistics, reporting and sources for you. You have too great an influence on reads to be this sloppy.

Green, or he's !@#$ing wrong.

:lol: :lol:

That's fantastic.

I swear to God, that wasn't me.

But even I thought it was me, until I got to "You have too great an influence on reads to be this sloppy." I would have left it at "You're an idiot."

In the U.S. from 2006 to 2010, there was a 59 percent increase in cannabis-related hospital emergency room visits and a 14 percent increase in cannabis-related treatment admissions, the report said.

It's reported that ~ 40% of Americans smoke pot

With decriminalization becoming the "norm" more people will freely admit that they smoke pot.

like anything else, the more people that do something the % is "higher" that they will be involved something elst to be used as a statistic.

Also read yahoo headline (missing link) - Obama giving FREE pot to the poor

Berkeley, California, is likely to begin forcing medical marijuana dispensaries to offer free marijuana to the homeless and other low-income people.

Berkeley, California, is likely to begin forcing medical marijuana dispensaries to offer free marijuana to the homeless and other low-income people.

Considering that a good majority of the homeless are mentally ill drug abusers, I can't see anything that could go wrong with that program. Why stop at pot, shouldn't they also allow them to wash it down with Mad Dog?

I would argue it's silly not to care about marijuana. It's wonderful, natural, and makes boring things awesome. Kind of like a slinky.

here we go again

As I always say and will only say in this simple reply:

Do you know what other holistic types of treatments are out there? Have you looked in to anything else to treat your issues? Why does marijuana have to be the end all be all that cures everything? It doesn't cure ****. It just masks symptoms, at best. Just like a million other natural plants, roots, and such things. From tree bark to lavender blossoms and honey to Valerian root.

This big marijuana push is pathetic. It's for stoner retards.