Marijuna related health problems on the rise in US

okay, I haven't smoked anything and I don't understand that at all.

People who just say you are paranoid simply are just NOT that important of people to be concerned with things can truly affect society.

Meant to have a NOT.

I am saying that those calling me paranoid are basically unimportant people who have menial jobs, and offer little to society other than taking up space. The space they take up now is small, so they cannot understand the Macro world at all.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay, I haven't smoked anything and I don't understand that at all.

Picture the AFLAC duck walking out of the barbershop after Yogi Berra just said that cash was as good as money. I'm shaking my head the same way after reading trying to read that. I'm going to have to locate my Enigma machine.

You say you have an important job yet you can't even construct a coherent sentence?

Just blowing off time on a conference call and in between executing programs. I usually leave here feeling much better about myself too. I get less crap about sentences from people that make over 200K the basement dwellers who have time to re-read things because they are not important.

People who just say you are paranoid simply are just NOT that important of people to be concerned with things can truly affect society.

Meant to have a NOT.

I am saying that those calling me paranoid are basically unimportant people who have menial jobs, and offer little to society other than taking up space. The space they take up now is small, so they cannot understand the Macro world at all.

Let's try an experiment...

Asian carp!

Just blowing off time on a conference call and in between executing programs. I usually leave here feeling much better about myself too. I get less crap about sentences from people that make over 200K the basement dwellers who have time to re-read things because they are not important.

"Rich people don't care that I have the writing skills of a sea cucumber!" Playing the gross income card always works well here... :lol:

Let's try an experiment...

Asian carp!

"Rich people don't care that I have the writing skills of a sea cucumber!" Playing the gross income card always works well here... :lol:

Haha, I rarely do, but they don't act like they don't know what I am talking about, and don't focus on that, they focus on content, unlike the simple minded people here who obviously already know where they will be in 5 years, pretty much the same place they currently are.

Wow I'm impressed. You really told us huh?

Remind me to never include you in a conference call.

Haha, I rarely do, but they don't act like they don't know what I am talking about, and don't focus on that, they focus on content, unlike the simple minded people here who obviously already know where they will be in 5 years, pretty much the same place they currently are.

I think you just insulted sea cucumbers Tom.

You responded to a thread where I said answer these questions, you saw all of them, chose to comment, so unless you are like 4 years old, you most certainly acknowledged that questions were asked.

Again, you are bad at this, an obvious low income earner who does menial stuff for employment, That is what I take from your answers.

Answers? I'm giving you answers now? I thought before I wasn't answering your questions, now you're saying my answers are stupid. Which is it, sir?

Smart people who have money and care about public safety and who who make decisions about things without a doubt would ask the questions I did. People who just say you are paranoid simply are just NOT that important of people to be concerned with things can truly affect society.

No smart person, with or without money, would ever ask the questions you've posed because any smart person is intelligent enough to know the points your making are, in fact, retarded. And I mean that in the literal sense.

I'll give you this much, it takes a lot of balls to come on here and post a string of incoherent, borderline illiterate, sentences and then attempt to claim the intellectual high ground.

Once again, are you sure you're not high right now? Because you sure sound like a raving lunatic.

You want everyone to focus on content, but you're too elite to write a coherent sentence?

Here's a thought: maybe people here would focus on your content if they !@#$ing understood it.

The problem is, we are focused on the content of your posts -- it's the content that's the problem.

Once again we don't give a ****. You're a stoner. My concern is with the Burger King. No stoners and BK is BK in months.

No stoners and BK is no stoners and no BK within months. The only thing that keeps Yum! Brands alive is potheads eating Taco Bell at two in the morning.

Medical Cannabis has been legal in Michigan for several years. It can be a very effective medicine which has few side effects when compared to many prescription medicines. Anyone taking medication long term knows that you have to be able to tolerate the side effects of the medication in order for it to help.

Cannabinoids are molecules found in cannabis. There are about 85 discovered so far, only 1 of which is the much feared THC. If you think that there are no medical benefits to cannabis beyond preventing nausea, you really need to read some more recent research because you truly could not be more mistaken.

Cannabis is effective in treating so many medical ailments because the cannabinoid molecules from the plant are nearly identical to molecules created within our own bodies called endo-cannabinoids. Through recent research we have learned that the body creates an entire network of endo-cannabinoid molecules and cannabinoid receptors in order to transfer messages between cells. The similarity of plant and animal molecules is merely a coincidence of nature but one that allows the plant to fill in and to supply the missing messenger molecules if needed.

When there is a disruption in the body's ability to create endocannabinoids, important signals don't get through and a whole host of health problems can develop. The missed message may be to stop feeding a cell that is scheduled to die. If the cannabinoid molecule is not present to pass that signal along, cells may not die when they are designed to and they can divide and metastasize out of control leading to a cancerous tumor.

The message that is missing may be to slow down the number or rate of signals to a brain or peripheral nerve cell. Perhaps they are overloaded. This is what can happen with epileptic seizures or chronic pain from damaged nerves. Missing messages can affect nearly every organ in the body.

See the website from GW Pharmaceuticals http://www.gwpharm.com and go the 'R&D' tab at the top. See the 'Product Pipeline' and the 'Therapeutic Areas' sections on the left. You very well may be amazed at the medical possibilities. By the way, this company's stock, GWPH on the Nasdaq, is up about 10 fold in the past year or so. Those are real dollars betting on the potential medicines to be extracted from the cannabis plant.

If nothing else, please take the time to scan just the table of contents from this 2006 research report on the therapeutic possibilities of cannabinoids. It may be information that would allow you to help a sick friend or relative, or possibly even yourself.

http://pharmrev.aspe...9.full.pdf html

Mentioned among many other maladies are diabetes, Parkinsons, arthritis, cancer, Alzheimers, asthma, IBS, hypertension, and psychiatric illness. This report is from 2006 and we have learned a lot since then. More research is desperately needed but it appears very promising that cannabis may be able to treat many illnesses.

It makes some sense that many diseases that have confounded researchers over the past 75 years are linked to cannabinoids. Due to governments' prohibition of cannabis, research on the plant and cannabinoids have basically been forbidden for those same 75 years.

Medical Cannabis has been legal in Michigan for several years. It can be a very effective medicine which has few side effects when compared to many prescription medicines.

Side effects may include:

Dizziness

Dry eyes

Headache

Impaired mental functioning

Panic

Delusions

Paranoia

Appreciation of Tom Petty's music (see "Impaired mental functioning").

Compulsive manic belief in elitism of stoners (see "delusions".)

Inappropriate channeling of Jeff Spicoli.

Here is the Table of Contents from the research report I mentioned above

The Endocannabinoid System as an Emerging Target

of Pharmacotherapy

Abstract

............................................................................... 390

I. Introduction

............................................................................ 390

II. The pharmacology of cannabinoids

....................................................... 391

A. Cannabinoid receptors and ligands

................................................. 391

B. Cannabinoid receptor signaling

.................................................... 394

C. Endocannabinoids

................................................................ 396

III. The endocannabinoid system as therapeutic target in pathophysiological conditions

........... 398

A. Diseases of energy metabolism

........................................................ 398

1. Endocannabinoids and appetite regulation

.......................................... 398

2. Endocannabinoids and peripheral energy metabolism

................................ 401

3. Obesity and associated metabolic abnormalities

...................................... 402

4. Cachexia and anorexia

............................................................ 404

B. Pain and inflammation

............................................................... 405

C. Central nervous system disorders

..................................................... 407

1. Neurotoxicity and neurotrauma

.................................................... 407

2. Stroke

........................................................................... 408

3. Multiple sclerosis and spinal cord injury

............................................ 409

4. Movement disorders (basal ganglia disorders)

....................................... 411

a. Parkinson’s disease and levodopa-induced dyskinesia

.............................. 412

b. Huntington’s disease

........................................................... 413

c. Gilles de la Tourette’s syndrome, tardive dyskinesia, and dystonia

.................. 414

5. Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis

...................................................... 414

6. Alzheimer’s disease

............................................................... 414

7. Epilepsy

......................................................................... 415

8. Mental disorders

................................................................. 416

a. Schizophrenia

................................................................. 416

b. Anxiety and depression

......................................................... 417

9. Insomnia

........................................................................ 419

10. Nausea and emesis

............................................................... 420

11. Drug addiction and alcohol disorders

............................................... 420

a. Opiates

....................................................................... 421

b. Nicotine

....................................................................... 422

c. Cocaine

d. Alcohol

e. Psychostimulants

.............................................................. 423

D. Cardiovascular and respiratory disorders

.............................................. 423

1. Hypertension

..................................................................... 425

2. Circulatory shock

................................................................. 426

3. Myocardial reperfusion injury

...................................................... 427

4. Atherosclerosis

................................................................... 428

5. Asthma

.......................................................................... 428

E. Eye disorders (glaucoma and retinopathy)

.............................................. 429

F. Cancer

............................................................................. 430

G. Gastrointestinal and liver disorders

................................................... 431

1. Inflammatory bowel disease

....................................................... 433

2. Acute and chronic liver disease (hepatitis and liver cirrhosis)

......................... 433

H. Musculoskeletal disorders

............................................................ 435

1. Arthritis

......................................................................... 435

2. Osteoporosis

..................................................................... 436

I. Endocannabinoids and reproductive functions

.......................................... 436

IV. Future directions

....................................................................... 441

Acknowledgments

....................................................................... 441

References

............................................................................. 441