Marijuna related health problems on the rise in US

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't this special. Can't afford to get high? No worries, Bezerkeley to the rescue. We'll get you your dope for free.

http://www.foxnews.c...na-for-charity/

One of Berkeley’s largest dispensaries, Berkeley Patients Group, has been doing it for a decade, The New York Times reports. One recipient, Arnie Passman, a poet and activist, said he’s couldn't remember exactly how long he had been given medical marijuana or why.

“It could be for my allergies, or my arthritis -- you know what happens to us folks: We forget,” Passman, 78, told the newspaper.

Are you talking about old people or stoners Arnie?

Edited by Chef Jim

Jim, I had to have a series of about six epidural shots before my last flare up calmed down. That and about 20 PT visits for deep tissue massage (get yer heads outta the gutter - she was a dyke anyway). My Physiatrist did acupuncture too but the epi was the real deal.

Let us know how you make out after your epidural. I know you'll feel better but it probably won't really put the fire out if you have just one.

• 3 weeks later...

This was an interesting article

Does Legal Marijuana Help or Hurt the U.S. Health Care System?

Sam Becker

September 21, 2014

From the article...

If marijuana becomes legalized nationwide, more people will probably partake, or at least be open and honest about it, in a more likely scenario. The fact is, if people like to use marijuana and want to, they probably already are, regardless of its legal standing. But where the magic truly happens is when people start using marijuana in lieu of alcohol, cigarettes, and other drugs.

http://wallstcheatsh...html/?a=viewall

This was an interesting article

Does Legal Marijuana Help or Hurt the U.S. Health Care System?

Sam Becker

September 21, 2014

From the article...

If marijuana becomes legalized nationwide, more people will probably partake, or at least be open and honest about it, in a more likely scenario. The fact is, if people like to use marijuana and want to, they probably already are, regardless of its legal standing. But where the magic truly happens is when people start using marijuana in lieu of alcohol, cigarettes, and other drugs.

http://wallstcheatsh...html/?a=viewall

Magic? What magic?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11113629/TV-reporter-quits-live-on-air-as-she-reveals-she-is-owner-of-Alaskan-cannabis-club.html

Wow, she is so brave! Swearing on TV and quitting a real job to work on legalizing marijuana. Not that I support it or want it, but if the FCC had any power at all they should give her a nice little fine for her choice of words.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11113629/TV-reporter-quits-live-on-air-as-she-reveals-she-is-owner-of-Alaskan-cannabis-club.html

Wow, she is so brave! Swearing on TV and quitting a real job to work on legalizing marijuana. Not that I support it or want it, but if the FCC had any power at all they should give her a nice little fine for her choice of words.

Charlo Green huh ? I like.

My kinda lady, pass her my number if you come across her.

http://www.telegraph...nabis-club.html

The f-bomb dropping reporter tries to explain her actions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPaqb--5wkM

(Warning: the volume is too loud so be ready to turn the sound down)

Edited by Bob in Mich

The f-bomb dropping reporter tries to explain her actions.

(Warning: the volume is too loud so be ready to turn the sound down)

I love how you put 'tries' because she really doesn't explain herself.

She is using archaic arguments. The "they" argument is played out from over abuse. I am not one to compose a good argument but her argument is worse then mine.

If you're on public support and in times of need why do you NEED marijuana? You're out of work, no income, no job, twelve kids in public housing and you need marijuana why? Why do you need to spend money on cigerettes, liquor, lottery tickets or any of the unneccessary items? Yeah, spare me you idiot.

Why are people jailed? Beats me, but it is the law so respect it until it is repealed. Get off your high horse, pot smokers, no one respects your bull **** medical premise or your half assed stoner viewpoint that liquor is legal and pot isn't. No one cares, even if you are right.

Yup, who is they? They that jail us. Legalizing crack? You lost me there, idiot. And, Google? Yup, that's how I learn everything thing!

Why do you have to judge a man? You have good delivery because you're a journalist but your message is old, tired and bull ****. At least you're not making it as medical phooey. Instead, you step up and say it is about first amendment rights - yup, "My Marijuana Story" is that next on Dr. Phil?

I am a true American and I smoke weed is her message but obviously she is not because Americans widely do not smoke weed. Americans honestly do not give a !@#$.

And for the last issue: Why did she have to act out so poorly and curse? Well, publicity of course! She knew that her style of quiting would draw a national spotlight to her and HER cause which she happens to chair, preside over, run, own, box and wrap. Imagine that, her outlandish behavior got her more famous. She should have been slapped in the mouth for such foolish and childish behavior. But, here we are, sucked in to her bull **** vortex. Yippy!

I love how you put 'tries' because she really doesn't explain herself.

She is using archaic arguments. The "they" argument is played out from over abuse. I am not one to compose a good argument but her argument is worse then mine.

If you're on public support and in times of need why do you NEED marijuana? You're out of work, no income, no job, twelve kids in public housing and you need marijuana why? Why do you need to spend money on cigerettes, liquor, lottery tickets or any of the unneccessary items? Yeah, spare me you idiot.

Why are people jailed? Beats me, but it is the law so respect it until it is repealed. Get off your high horse, pot smokers, no one respects your bull **** medical premise or your half assed stoner viewpoint that liquor is legal and pot isn't. No one cares, even if you are right.

Yup, who is they? They that jail us. Legalizing crack? You lost me there, idiot. And, Google? Yup, that's how I learn everything thing!

Why do you have to judge a man? You have good delivery because you're a journalist but your message is old, tired and bull ****. At least you're not making it as medical phooey. Instead, you step up and say it is about first amendment rights - yup, "My Marijuana Story" is that next on Dr. Phil?

I am a true American and I smoke weed is her message but obviously she is not because Americans widely do not smoke weed. Americans honestly do not give a !@#$.

And for the last issue: Why did she have to act out so poorly and curse? Well, publicity of course! She knew that her style of quiting would draw a national spotlight to her and HER cause which she happens to chair, preside over, run, own, box and wrap. Imagine that, her outlandish behavior got her more famous. She should have been slapped in the mouth for such foolish and childish behavior. But, here we are, sucked in to her bull **** vortex. Yippy!

You seemingly missed so much of what was said by that reporter it is hard to believe your misses weren't intentional. Did you really watch and listen to the video because it seems her sarcasm went right past you too.

You realize that you are right now, today, in the midst of prohibition repeal, right? It is a long, grinding, state-by-state process. It is a political process and this woman is trying her best to influence Americans, specifically Alaskans, on an upcoming vote. She is trying to change the laws.

I agree that she should not have used that language on the air and that it was for publicity. Beyond that I disagree with most everything else you stated.

You seemingly missed so much of what was said by that reporter it is hard to believe your misses weren't intentional. Did you really watch and listen to the video because it seems her sarcasm went right past you too.

You realize that you are right now, today, in the midst of prohibition repeal, right? It is a long, grinding, state-by-state process. It is a political process and this woman is trying her best to influence Americans, specifically Alaskans, on an upcoming vote. She is trying to change the laws.

I agree that she should not have used that language on the air and that it was for publicity. Beyond that I disagree with most everything else you stated.

Well Bob, you really surprised us here with this take.

Most of the momentum of her statement and beliefs is lost by such a dramatic method to introduce us to it. By being so arrogant in bringing it up it just makes people not like her, including me. I don't like her and she is a twit.

The average person voting against marijuana is not Googling side effects or believing that the black man is gon' git wild 'n rape da white women. That's archaic thinking to even believe people see it like that these-days. She can sound all sarcastic and then authoritative giving us numbers, blablabla 37 seconds someone is arrested, or someone kicked out of school for smoking dope, or losing public assistence...

37 seconds: 91.4% of statistics are wrong, and arrested for what exactly? driving while stoned? getting in a wreck while stoned? carrying 400 lbs. of pot? Cops are not going out there just throwing people in the slammer for a joint unless there are other factors. But, it's still illegal, just go to your house and smoke it and you probably won't get caught.

Kicked out of school? If you're in HS you shouldn't be smoking, drinking, or wearing pants so tight that you can show what you have for dinner. College, come on, if you're smoking dope and caught in college then subsequently kicked out of school for it then something more is going on. Maybe at Liberty Univ. or another Nazi santuary type school that could happen, though. Of course, if you go to Liberty and caught spending the night with someone of the opposite sex or caught with alcohol you are also going to face possible expulsion.

I think if you're on public assistance you should not be allowed to smoke, drink, go on a vacation or do anything more then look for a job. Shouldn't have cable TV, a cell phone, and be sterilized if on it for more then 5 years. But, I'm a bit harsh.

This moron babbles on about her viewpoint which is no different then mine. My viewpoint is entirely ignorant, just like hers.

I have no reason to want to legalize marijuana. I have no reason to keep it illegal, too. I simply don't care about it because it does not effect my life. If someone wants to smoke it they may smoke as much as they want, same with drinking. Just go to your house and enjoy it and keep it there.