Marijuna related health problems on the rise in US

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep saying pot smoking is bad.

It's better than half of the Designer drugs on the market that sometimes lead to suicide.

It's better than alcohol diseases that lead to kidney failure.

You don't wake up with a wicked headache after a night of partying.

I've know at least a half dozen people whit asthma that say smoking pot actually helps them. put them in a room with cigarette smoke and they turn green and can't breathe.

Alcohol abuse kills over 100,000 Americans every year. How many die from toking up?

http://www.livescience.com/42738-marijuana-vs-alcohol-health-effects.html

"You can die binge-drinking five minutes after you've been exposed to alcohol. That isn't going to happen with marijuana

Marijuana affects the cardiovascular system, increasing heart rate and blood pressure, but a person can't fatally overdose on pot like they can with alcohol, Baler said.

Alcohol is more likely than marijuana to interact with other drugs.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Keep saying pot smoking is bad.

It's better than half of the Designer drugs on the market that sometimes lead to suicide.

It's better than alcohol diseases that lead to kidney failure.

You don't wake up with a wicked headache after a night of partying.

I've know at least a half dozen people whit asthma that say smoking pot actually helps them. put them in a room with cigarette smoke and they turn green and can't breathe.

Alcohol abuse kills over 100,000 Americans every year. How many die from toking up?

http://www.livescience.com/42738-marijuana-vs-alcohol-health-effects.html

"You can die binge-drinking five minutes after you've been exposed to alcohol. That isn't going to happen with marijuana

Marijuana affects the cardiovascular system, increasing heart rate and blood pressure, but a person can't fatally overdose on pot like they can with alcohol, Baler said.

Alcohol is more likely than marijuana to interact with other drugs.

Great argument. So coke isn't as bad as heroin or meth so it's ok?

You should call KCL's Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience for a job in research seeing you seem to have better inside knowledge in to the effects of marijuana.

Great argument. So coke isn't as bad as heroin or meth so it's ok?

You should call KCL's Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience for a job in research seeing you seem to have better inside knowledge in to the effects of marijuana.

don't change the subject. the topic was MJ, but since you asked. No Coke is not as bad as heroin or meth. not hat I've done heroin or meth

smoking pot for the last 40 years has done me no harm. As of late only now a few times a year

if you want to criticize my interpersonal interactions and odd posting you can blame that on my Aspergers

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

back in 1975.

and yes that was AWWWEEESSOMMEEE!!!!!!!

the gurney ride from my room to the operating room. staring up at the lights sweeping by. felt more like micro dot though

It makes you wonder about what's actually addictive in the drugs themselves. If you listen to the propaganda from the War on Drugs, they'll tell you heroin is highly addictive. Shoot up a few times and you're hooked. Yet, you don't see patients in hospitals ever getting strung out, let alone addicted to the opiates while in hospital. Sure, you get people abusing the prescription opiates they're given when they leave the hospital, but you don't see patients being turned into junkies when they're hooked up to a morphine drip.

The War on Drugs has been nothing more than a waste of money, bad propaganda, and a means of keeping a large segment of our minority population incarcerated. It's time for it to go bye-bye like all the other bad ideas from the 80s.

It makes you wonder about what's actually addictive in the drugs themselves. If you listen to the propaganda from the War on Drugs, they'll tell you heroin is highly addictive. Shoot up a few times and you're hooked. Yet, you don't see patients in hospitals ever getting strung out, let alone addicted to the opiates while in hospital. Sure, you get people abusing the prescription opiates they're given when they leave the hospital, but you don't see patients being turned into junkies when they're hooked up to a morphine drip.

The War on Drugs has been nothing more than a waste of money, bad propaganda, and a means of keeping a large segment of our minority population incarcerated. It's time for it to go bye-bye like all the other bad ideas from the 80s.

You absolutely do see people get strung out on medical opiates from a hospital stay.

You absolutely do see people get strung out on medical opiates from a hospital stay.

How many weren't abusers before hand though? The numbers are staggeringly low for a controlled substance with a reported 23% addictive rate. If addiction is purely chemical than 23% of every surgical patient should be an addict by the time they're stay is over.

don't change the subject. the topic was MJ, but since you asked. No Coke is not as bad as heroin or meth. not hat I've done heroin or meth

smoking pot for the last 40 years has done me no harm. As of late only now a few times a year

if you want to criticize my interpersonal interactions and odd posting you can blame that on my Aspergers

Yes the topic was about marijuana and you brought up alcohol. But that's understandable you're probably stoned. :D

How many weren't abusers before hand though? The numbers are staggeringly low for a controlled substance with a reported 23% addictive rate. If addiction is purely chemical than 23% of every surgical patient should be an addict by the time they're stay is over.

I learned a lot about pain meds going through my back issues/surgery last year. There are many that say if you are an alcoholic to be very careful as you have a higher likelihood of become addicted. I thought that was interesting.

not if they are in and out in 3 days time / barring some other long term abuse.

Brett Favre example ......

v That

Yes the topic was about marijuana and you brought up alcohol. But that's understandable you're probably stoned. :D

Ok you got me there.

I was basing MJ on the other most common at large vehicle for abuse and bodily damage.

I learned a lot about pain meds going through my back issues/surgery last year. There are many that say if you are an alcoholic to be very careful as you have a higher likelihood of become addicted. I thought that was interesting.

when driving or operating machinery don't drink while on these meds

not if they are in and out in 3 days time / barring some other long term abuse.

Brett Favre example ......

v That

Ok you got me there.

I was basing MJ on the other most common at large vehicle for abuse and bodily damage.

when driving or operating machinery don't drink while on these meds

The comparison between alcohol and marijuana comes up all the time. And it has to do with alcohol is so much worse than pot but it's legal. Both are absolutely true but it's not a reason to legalize it. Personally the only issue I have with pot becoming legal is there will be more stoners out there. I think we can agree with that. I don't like stoners and though there are studies out there that say they are safer drivers because they drive slower is horseshit. Driving too slow is oftentimes much more dangerous to the flow of traffic than driving too fast.

And I'm not talking operating machinery. The warnings were that if you have an issue with alcohol addiction it increases your chances of becoming addicted to opiates.

Personally the only issue I have with pot becoming legal is there will be more stoners out there.

I don't know if that's necessarily true. Getting dope, legally or otherwise, is as easy as it has ever been, tied to the most lax laws ever. Making it legal won't increase the number of people who have access to it. In fact, you could probably argue that the only thing legalizing it will do it make the price go up. Everyone will want to get their grubby little mitts on whatever tax they can levy...federal, state, county, city...and by the time you're done, the people growing and selling it illegally now will be like the WalMart of dope suppliers; maybe not the best brand, but cheaper than the name brand.

If I find anything interesting, it's the reports on how the homeless population in Colorado has skyrocketed since they legalized dope. It's such a beautiful state, and with one little law they turned it into downtown SFO.

I don't know if that's necessarily true. Getting dope, legally or otherwise, is as easy as it has ever been, tied to the most lax laws ever. Making it legal won't increase the number of people who have access to it. In fact, you could probably argue that the only thing legalizing it will do it make the price go up. Everyone will want to get their grubby little mitts on whatever tax they can levy...federal, state, county, city...and by the time you're done, the people growing and selling it illegally now will be like the WalMart of dope suppliers; maybe not the best brand, but cheaper than the name brand.

If I find anything interesting, it's the reports on how the homeless population in Colorado has skyrocketed since they legalized dope. It's such a beautiful state, and with one little law they turned it into downtown SFO.

There will be more trust me. Sure getting it is simple here. Getting a medical marijuana card is easy and I've documented my story with my card however not all people that would buy it if it were legal know how easy it is. There was a story I heard that a local police department sent one of their obese officers (I imagine they had many to choose from) went to a weed doctor and got a card for....wait for it.......anorexia. Also so many people would move here in a second once it becomes legal.

Oh and BTW I still have 75% of the 1/16 I bought over Labor Day. God I hate that ****.

I had a family member who was given morphine while overcoming complications from a difficult pregnancy, and she became addicted. It caused a great deal of problems, and became a chapter in the family history that nobody speaks about.

I had a family member who was given morphine while overcoming complications from a difficult pregnancy, and she became addicted. It caused a great deal of problems, and became a chapter in the family history that nobody speaks about.

Where on earth do you get morphine while out of the hospital...........and do you have a phone number?

Where on earth do you get morphine while out of the hospital...........and do you have a phone number?

My wife got some when she was suffering through endometriosis about 10 years ago. Tiny little pill, but for her it was the last resort when the Fentanyl patch wouldn't work. If I recall, she only got a few at a time. At the time she was on so many different pills the local CVS named an aisle after her.

Fortunately, my wife kept a log of what she was taking, and every day she'd have me take inventory, simply because we were at a point where stopping the pain was first and foremost, so we didn't spend a lot of time reading up on everything.

My wife got some when she was suffering through endometriosis about 10 years ago. Tiny little pill, but for her it was the last resort when the Fentanyl patch wouldn't work. If I recall, she only got a few at a time. At the time she was on so many different pills the local CVS named an aisle after her.

Fortunately, my wife kept a log of what she was taking, and every day she'd have me take inventory, simply because we were at a point where stopping the pain was first and foremost, so we didn't spend a lot of time reading up on everything.

I hear ya on the CVS thing. The guy would look at me with a look of "you again?" Weird thing is nothing helped with the pain. Just !@#$ed me up.