Marijuna related health problems on the rise in US

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a family member who was given morphine while overcoming complications from a difficult pregnancy, and she became addicted. It caused a great deal of problems, and became a chapter in the family history that nobody speaks about.

That's terrible. Sorry to hear that, addiction can suck.

The comparison between alcohol and marijuana comes up all the time. And it has to do with alcohol is so much worse than pot but it's legal. Both are absolutely true but it's not a reason to legalize it. Personally the only issue I have with pot becoming legal is there will be more stoners out there. I think we can agree with that. I don't like stoners and though there are studies out there that say they are safer drivers because they drive slower is horseshit. Driving too slow is oftentimes much more dangerous to the flow of traffic than driving too fast.

And I'm not talking operating machinery. The warnings were that if you have an issue with alcohol addiction it increases your chances of becoming addicted to opiates.

Then I can only conclude that you are a Get Off My Grass (pun intended) kind of guy.

Being a "stoner" from my teens through my early 30's I worked my way up from manufacturing, got an education and became an Engineer like many other of my friends.

I had witnessed many more people being fired for being drunk on the job than being stoned on the job.

Driving Stoned .. I drove as I do now. On highways 10 miles over the posted speed limit like 75% of the other "normal" traffic.

All I can say is ... Sir, you are uninformed and incorrectly biased

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Then I can only conclude that you are a Get Off My Grass (pun intended) kind of guy.

Being a "stoner" from my teens through my early 30's I worked my way up from manufacturing, got an education and became an Engineer like many other of my friends.

I had witnessed many more people being fired for being drunk on the job than being stoned on the job.

Driving Stoned .. I drove as I do now. On highways 10 miles over the posted speed limit like 75% of the other "normal" traffic.

All I can say is ... Sir, you are uninformed and incorrectly biased

It's harder to be caught stoned at work than drunk. You can smell booze a mile away.

Question 1. Have you ever been stoned on the job?

There are studies that have shown that people driving under the influence of pot drive slower due to the effects of being stoned. So what you're saying is you speed on the highway while stoned? That's fantastic. :rolleyes:

I smoked pot all through high school and college and smoked some recently for my back. So I am well informed on the effects of smoking pot. Impaired is impaired.

Edited by Chef Jim

It's harder to be caught stoned at work than drunk. You can smell booze a mile away.

There are studies that have shown that people driving under the influence of pot drive slower due to the effects of being stoned. So what you're saying is you speed on the highway while stoned? That fantastic. :rolleyes:

I smoked pot all through high school and college and smoked some recently for my back. So I am well informed on the effects of smoking pot. Impaired is impaired.

This is why pot shouldn't be legalized. "I drive stoned all the time," is the argument. Christ.

This is why pot shouldn't be legalized. "I drive stoned all the time," is the argument. Christ.

Yes I remember Pete bragging about wake and bake then off to the gym. Could you imagine if someone said "I love getting up, having a couple pops of bourbon and then heading to the gym. Booze really gets me going at the gym." :doh:

There are studies that have shown that people driving under the influence of pot drive slower due to the effects of being stoned. So what you're saying is you speed on the highway while stoned? That's fantastic. :rolleyes:

Ever wear a Parka and smoke a joint is a small enclosure? The smell permeates the fur. Also the smell sticks to your fingers if you smoke a joint.

Have you ever been stoned on the job? Let me say this ..... When I was in my early 20's the question would have been - When you ever NOT been stoned on the job?

If I had the opportunity would I go to work high at my current job? possibly. Depending on what I had to do that day.

I'm living proof that those studies are wrong.

Only those who get paranoid drive slower and I'll tell you what, a cop will pull over the youngster driving the speed limit than the guy speeding slightly.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Ever wear a Parka and smoke a joint is a small enclosure? The smell permeates the fur. Also the smell sticks to your fingers if you smoke a joint.

Have you ever been stoned on the job? Let me say this ..... When I was in my early 20's the question would have been - When you ever NOT been stoned on the job?

If I had the opportunity would I go to work high at my current job? possibly. Depending on what I had to do that day.

I'm living proof that those studies are wrong.

Only those who get paranoid drive slower and I'll tell you what, a cop will pull over the youngster driving the speed limit than the guy speeding slightly.

So because you don't get paranoid and can drive stoned means all those studies are wrong?

I've driven drunk and have never been in an accident so all those studies about drinking and driving are wrong.

I'll channel crayonz here. Are you stoned now because you sound stoned.

And being proud of the fact you drive stoned and have never been in an accident are some lofty achievements.

I have driven stoned for the past 35 years and I can proudly say that I have been in ZERO accidents while stoned.

It's gonna take months before gatorman can grab the belt out of your ridiculously moronic grip.

He'll do it. I have no doubt about that. But you, sir, set the new standard for idiocy. That you're older than 35 is downright scary.

Congratulations on being a menace to society and getting lucky that you haven't irreparably harmed somebody else by adding unnecessary risk.

And he doesn't think he's been lucky he just thinks he's a great driver while impaired.

Edited by Chef Jim

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/06/us/boston-dean-student-shooting/index.html

I love the first line of the story.

A dean at a Boston public high school has been fired after he allegedly shot one of his students in the head. :lol:

And I put this here because of this:

In addition to his work as "dean of academy" at English High School, Shaun Harrison ran a marijuana distribution enterprise, Suffolk County Assistant District Attorney David Bradley said in a news release.

Hmmmmm.............

And before you stoners blow up on this the last remark was tongue in cheek.

• 4 weeks later...

What are the odds that bills legalizing mj will pop up in every state within 24 months? Always follow the tax receipts (properly defined for the resident idiot)

Governor: Legalizing pot was bad idea

Colorado’s decision to legalize marijuana was a bad idea, the state’s governor said Friday.

Gov. John Hickenlooper, a Democrat who opposed the 2012 decision by voters to make pot legal, said the state still doesn’t fully know what the unintended consequences of the move will be.

He said that he tells other governors to “wait a couple of years” before legalizing marijuana as Colorado continues to navigate an unknown, nonexisting federal regulatory landscape for the industry.

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/230511-colorado-governor-legalizing-pot-was-bad-idea

Colorado gets sued by a third group over marijuana legalization

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/govbeat/wp/2015/03/05/colorado-gets-sued-by-a-third-group-over-marijuana-legalization/