Kiko Alonso tears ACL, then runs a marathon on way to get treatment.

boyst

I've had my ACL replaced twice. It's a long recovery, nine months. But with proper rehab, 100% recovery.

Just read this twitter update from Shefter;it looks like it is pretty bad. Not sure how, but they even have a pic of the MRI up

@AdamSchefter · 15s

Bills LB Kiko Alonso tore his ACL; worse than expected. More at:http://es.pn/1lLT6LR

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read this twitter update from Shefter;it looks like it is pretty bad. Not sure how, but they even have a pic of the MRI up

@AdamSchefter · 15s

Bills LB Kiko Alonso tore his ACL; worse than expected. More at:http://es.pn/1lLT6LR

!@#$! I must hold the TBD record for most times falling for the Peter Pan guy link.

@AdamSchefter · 15s

Well, ACL replacement surgery is fairly routine. They clean out the remnants of the old one, drill a couple of holes in the upper and lower leg bones, thread in a graft (usually from a cadaver, but sometimes cut from the patellar ligament), and anchor it in the holes. Then, a new ligament grows over the graft, good as new.

The only question then, when talking about how bad the injury is, isn't how badly torn is the ACL, but whether there were any other injuries that occurred at the time of the ACL tear, like meniscus, or MCL damage.

Nice Peter Pan link, btw.

@AdamSchefter · 15s

Damn you.

!@#$! I must hold the TBD record for most times falling for the Peter Pan guy link.

Nope. me.

I was about to respond by saying, "How can his torn ACL be more worse?"

Now I am glad that I did not click on the link. Thank you for the warning.

Well, ACL replacement surgery is fairly routine. They clean out the remnants of the old one, drill a couple of holes in the upper and lower leg bones, thread in a graft (usually from a cadaver, but sometimes cut from the patellar ligament), and anchor it in the holes. Then, a new ligament grows over the graft, good as new.

The only question then, when talking about how bad the injury is, isn't how badly torn is the ACL, but whether there were any other injuries that occurred at the time of the ACL tear, like meniscus, or MCL damage.

Nice Peter Pan link, btw.

Exactly!!! I would have GLADLY taken a torn ACL over my torn PCL, LCL, and MCL....

It totally ruined my pro football career!

Exactly!!! I would have GLADLY taken a torn ACL over my torn PCL, LCL, and MCL....

It totally ruined my pro football career!

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.

Nice try! Lol

I have an ANIMATED response to that!!

I heard...and by that I mean Im making this up...that he stopped a bus full of children on there way to the beach. The breaks gave out and he stopped it by sticking his leg out the door. If you think his knee is bad you should see the pavement.

I heard...and by that I mean Im making this up...that he stopped a bus full of children on there way to the beach. The breaks gave out and he stopped it by sticking his leg out the door. If you think his knee is bad you should see the pavement.

I heard he tore it running to Brazil. He was going to go down and win another football game.

kj

Talk about sucking the hope out of this season....

You had hope?

He's a PED suspension waiting to happen.

He overpursues consistently.

He is undisciplined and all over the field.

He was a starter on a monumentally horrid defense.

He had 2 good games ... all season ... and people want him in Canton.

This is not a big deal.

Serious mistake. Expressing a different opinion from the acceptable norm. Why did you do it? You wanted to get banned? Well, did you?

Prediction (going out on thin limb here) Preston Brown will replace Kiko as starter.

I have been at work since i began trying to keep up with the vapid pace here abouts . wow .

Definitely has made the front page . And rightly so.

CSBill first. May i suggest Brown would be better suited to replace Rivers when Rivers moves to the venerable Kiko's position ?

Bradham might be better to fill the void. but i think highly of P Brown .

I agree Brown was brought on as a Spikes apprentice , and i agree that reports from the Bills are suggesting he might have 3 down abliity .

I was very looking forward to watching the Kid Alonso develop this year. So that sucks. and its sucks for him and the team. But for me alot .

I have no question this is a simple coaches challenge, Jim will run his game a shade different. A bit press here and bit more cushion there etc etc.

Thinking and reading off and on during breaks what you all have posted brings me here.

We are fine. whaley was smart enough to get depth at DB and LB to deal with this.

Lawson and Hughes might have to stand one or two plays a game to create the look of blitz or added coverage.

Its gonna be fine .

Get Well soon Kiko Alonso ! We will miss you .

Go Bills

Hopefully not the episode where everyone is singing.

I do enjoy your wit Sir.

I had a good after work chuckle right there. Thanks !

Completely serious. Teams make huge investments in players. Now, before camp even opens, the guy is unavailable for the season. If that could be avoided, why wouldn't you be for that?

Why shouldn't players work all season (allowing for a few weeks off during the winter to recover)? What's the best argument you can come up with as to why it's a bad idea?

That was my point--too much time off before cranking it up leads to injury. We see it every offseason in the NFL.

And getting injured while in game shape (i.e., in season) is the opposite of what I am talking about. Not all injuries can be avoided, but I believe their likelihood certainly can be reduced. It's common sense.

Kiko has been working out all off season rehabbing his hip .... that's what Whaley said. Your making assumptions that run counter to available information