What We Could Learn From History

Last year along came a URFA to the Bills roster that a lot of people thought in the beginning could be a very good player . From the media to the fans they thought we might have a diamond in the rough .

Then our main guy gets hurt & they have to put this ROOKIE in to play his first ever NFL game & the fan base is hyped about the possibilities but he loses his again FIRST NFL start this guy if you haven't guessed y now this guy is Jeff Tuel .

But in that game we (or should i say I) saw some real potential for , i'll remind you all once again his FIRST NFL START . Some really pretty & very nicely placed passes . But at the end of the game because he lost that first NFL start you the fans were ready to hang him in front of the Ralph to set a example !!

I for one went on his band wagon last year & i believe again this guy can & will become a very good NFL QB . Contrary to belief if you look back at Montana's first start , Bradies & Mannings first few starts none of them were great but turned out to be HOF QB's of which i don't know about the HOF but i will go on record saying this guy is going to be a really good QB !

The Bills have a article on his progression & say he is seriously pushing to be our number 2 QB this year which will be met with a bunch of typical Bills fans negativity but i will be backing him 100% !

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/QB-Tuel-takes-game-up-a-notch/3ca4f5e3-d80e-4f24-98c4-e492ab96b886

But i expect that some of the only things that will be taken from this article is that i spelled Bradies name wrong , & that i mentioned so many times about the KC game last year being Tuel's 1st NFL start (which both were intentional for effect) & that it will be filled with the same Tuel hatred that followed his first NFL start last year .

So there you have for the record i think we could have a personalized Brady type history happen here in B/lo staring to form if EJ were to continue to do a mediocre job & Tuel continues to work as hard s he did this off season & being a student of the game, along with the fact that the O line is going to be one of the best in the league if Marrone has his way & that Tuel now knows the offense given it being his second year with Nate & company , which will be another factor in Tuel's dominance at his position !!

All right game on bring the negativity Bill's fans !! :nana:

Last year along came a URFA to the Bills roster that a lot of people thought in the beginning could be a very good player . From the media to the fans they thought we might have a diamond in the rough . Then our main guy gets hurt & they have to put this ROOKIE in to play his first ever NFL game & the fan base is hyped about the possibilities but he loses his again FIRST NFL start this guy if you haven't guessed y now this guy is Jeff Tuel .

But in that game we (or should i say I) saw some real potential for , i'll remind you all once again his FIRST NFL START . Some really pretty & very nicely placed passes .

Wiki: "Tuel played his first NFL game on October 3, 2013 against the Cleveland Browns shortly after the starting QB, EJ Manuel, hurt his knee halfway into the 3rd quarter. His first pass was incomplete, due to a defensive interference. Late in the 4th quarter, Tuel threw an interception that was returned 44 yards for a touchdown, effectively ending any chance of a Bills comeback. Following Tuel's performance, the Bills called up Thad Lewis from the practice squad and named him starter, again demoting Tuel to second-string."

Tuel was so impressive to the coaches that the Bills signed the Iggles former 4th-string QB on October 8, making Tuel effectively our 4th string.

Please keep in mind that Brady, at U Mich, set team records for completions and pass attempts, had big-10 recognition as a player his last 2 years, and won two bowl games. He could reasonably have expected to be drafted a lot higher than 6th. What exactly did Tuel accomplish in College that you expect him to be Brady-like?

If the coaches think he is better than Thad and Dixon, I will have no chioce but to cheer for him, I am a Bills fan after all. I felt bad about the pick 6 when it happened but rooks make those mistakes. If he is good and EJ stinks (or gets injured again, I just want them to put the next best guy on the field. I hope the coaches are better at assessing the talent than some of the ones we have had in the recent past. I won't put all my faith in him until they do and really getting Dixon and keeping Thad makes me think they don't have all that much faith in him. I doubt he is a Brady, waiting to happen though. Really that is just too much :lol:.

What I have learned from history is that I will win big in the lottery. A man won $20 million who lived two doors down from my friends, and another person won $10 million from the place where I buy my tickets.

I know you lottery haters will say there is no way I can win, but these people won after years of trying. Like them, I have had years of trying to win the lottery and am now convinced that it will happen. I'm not saying I will win tens of millions, but I will definitely win at least one million.

Edited by Dibs

I hope Tuel shows a lot improvement and develops into a guy we can count on if given the opportunity. Of course, I think that way about all of the back-ups and role players.

Will he make a huge jump this camp? Will any of the non-starters? I dunno.

But I hope so.

Edited by Campy

Let's be real, he throws a TD instead of a pick six on one play and he was in the mix and we all love him. That being said, I think Thad looked better than EJ overall and I'm happy with him at #2. Seems Dixon can't get any reps, he has always been interesting enough to think he could supplant Tuel if Jeff was really that bad...He won a couple games in Pitt.

Let's be real, he throws a TD instead of a pick six on one play and he was in the mix and we all love him. That being said, I think Thad looked better than EJ overall and I'm happy with him at #2. Seems Dixon can't get any reps, he has always been interesting enough to think he could supplant Tuel if Jeff was really that bad...He won a couple games in Pitt.

Exactly. The jury is still out on Tuel as he passes well but has had no previous team success (??). Then, Likewise, the jury -for many- is still out on Manuel as he's had a lot of team success w/ FSU but is a crappy, girly passer. Yeah, I said it.

I have more hope that Tuel pans out and will develop well, than Manuel. Otherwise, our 'Great QB of the future' isn't on the roster.