Bills officially for sale - let the bidding begin!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will the bids be sealed? I don't mean to the general public (I assume we will never know what the losing bids look like), but will the competing bidders have access to what is submitted and be able to adjust accordingly? Can you adjust your bid at all?

kj

thanks. Was my question also. I just can't word things properly today.

Will the bids be sealed? I don't mean to the general public (I assume we will never know what the losing bids look like), but will the competing bidders have access to what is submitted and be able to adjust accordingly? Can you adjust your bid at all?

kj

I would say all of this is in the wording of the bidding process that the trustees are privy to and probably only them and potential bidders.

Edited by The Wiz

@john_wawrow

AP source: Prospective #Bills buyers contacted by late owner Ralph Wilson's estate. http://pro32.ap.org/...tacted …

Just filed an update to the #Bills sale story for editing that will include two people who have received the documentation.

One of the people will be greatly welcomed by those wishing to keep the #Bills in Buffalo.

I think that the jury's out there. I can only read what everyone says about the Sabres, and can look at the roster and standings, but despite what his defenders say about the reasons why the team has hit historical lows in the couple of short years on his watch, that still doesn't amount to competent management of the Sabres.

This could very well fall into the category of "be careful what you wish for, you may get it."

Say what we will about Trump, and as with everyone I think he's just blowing smoke, but I have a difficult time believing that an owner like him wouldn't make some serious "you're fired!" changes and be upset if his team were not a winner.

Terry Pegula you are wary of but you're all in on a phony like Trump? Ay yi yi! I seriously question your judgement. Pegula is doing what everyone says you have to do...blow the team up to rebuild. And that's your red flag? Meanwhile you want Trump to fire everyone on the Bills because you saw him do it on TV?

I would love to see the top bidders in a profile and their views on the future of this franchise

So far, all I have is these folks memorized and their intentions...

Trump

Bon Jovi Group

PBR/Twinkie guy

Golisano

Pegula

Edited by KollegeStudnet

I would love to see the top bidders in a profile and their views on the future of this franchise

So far, all I have is these folks memorized and their intentions...

Trump

Bon Jovi Group

PBR/Twinkie guy

Golisano

Pegula

Don't forget the guy from LA, whatever his name is. Sal from WGR was talking about that Google guy as well

Don't forget the guy from LA, whatever his name is. Sal from WGR was talking about that Google guy as well

Chris Sacca and Larry Page - though neither announced their intentions publically - Tim Graham and Sal have insinuated they heard privately these names brought up.

John Wawrow@john_wawrow now

UPDATE: AP sources: #Sabress owner Terry Pegula among prospective #Bills buyers contacted by Wilson's estate. http://pro32.ap.org/article/ap-source-bills-prospective-buyers-contacted …

Both TPegs and the Don have received their NDI agreements.

So I'm curious, just because jbj and the Toronto group have the money to buy the team, is there a reason, other than them shelling out a ton of money, the trust has to contact them with bidding info?

So I'm curious, just because jbj and the Toronto group have the money to buy the team, is there a reason, other than them shelling out a ton of money, the trust has to contact them with bidding info?

the trust has to look out for the best interest of Ralph's heirs. i would think sending out bidding info to the group that will probably bid the highest is in the best interest of the heirs

My Amex Platinum card might have enough balance to bid :D

"hello sir, this is American Express calling, we just need to verify your recent purchase of 1.1 Billion dollars to the estate of a Ralph C. Wilson, is this correct?"

"why yes, yes it is."

"hello sir, this is American Express calling, we just need to verify your recent purchase of 1.1 Billion dollars to the estate of a Ralph C. Wilson, is this correct?"

"why yes, yes it is."

followed by a pause...followed by laughter...

"uh sir, the credit limit on your card is $2,000 and you have an unpaid balance of $122 at Wal-mart..."

Jeffery Gundlach and Larry Page.

the trust has to look out for the best interest of Ralph's heirs. i would think sending out bidding info to the group that will probably bid the highest is in the best interest of the heirs

Does Ralph's legacy and stated wishes the team remain in WNY factor in it at all?