Golisano to bid on Bills & propose new WS staduim

John Kryk@JohnKryk 48s

Former @BuffaloSabres owner Thomas Golisano indeed intends to bid on #Bills, either alone or in lead with 1 other: http://blogs.canoe.ca/krykslants/nfl/former-buffalo-sabres-owner-golisano-to-bid-on-bills-source-confirms/

John Kryk@JohnKryk 2m

This has been expected. But once newly named "transaction team" solicits bids, Golisano is expected to seek immediate #NFL pre-approval.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He will buy to resale. Bet on it.

Maybe he'll flip it to Pegula again :thumbsup:

Honestly his net worth in the linked article says 1.9 bill. Possibly he will get outbid, that doesn't seem high. Maybe that is why he has another partner waiting in the wings if needed. I don't know much about all of this, just hoping they stay and Russ stays as President/CEO, I really like how he has lead the organization since taking the reigns from Ralph.

Not sure how I feel about this. He saved the Sabres, then let their best players walk. He'll not have to worry about making money in the NFL, but does he have someone to pass it down to? Fans don't want to go through this again in 10 years.

Edited by seq004

Not sure how I feel about this. He saved the Sabres, then let their best players walk. He'll not have to worry about making money in the NFL, but does he have someone to pass it down to? Fans don't want to go through this again in 10 years.

Cool, he fits right in. jk.

After his Sabre escapades, if you thought Ralph was cheap, this guy brings it to a new higher level. This is not good news

I'd say it was more the fault of a bad GM. Drury left and was a horrific signing by the Rangers. Briere was also amnestied I believe. They re-signed guys like Afinogenov and Kotalik over Dumont. Also paid Connolly twice along with some other horrible signing. Not like Pegula has had success since taking over right?

Anybody who keeps the Bills in Buffalo I'm all for.

Golisano is buying the team to secure their long term future in WNY. He will secure the new stadium and a long term lease and then possibly put them back on the market. There are much worse options than Golisano.

I also believe this would be his intent.

He, the Pegulas, Jacobs, and Rich are people whom I trust would ensure the Bill's longtime future in WNY.

He, the Pegulas, Jacobs, and Rich are people whom I trust would ensure the Bill's longtime future in WNY.

Agree with your list. Must admit, I have kind of od'd on this topic..or maybe it is just too much anxiety for me...but has anyone reported anything in regards to Pegula being interested?

Agree, I am confident in Millstein too but it looks like he is out. His business interests in WNY & ties to the governor would make it really difficult for him to move them.

Agree with your list. Must admit, I have kind of od'd on this topic..or maybe it is just too much anxiety for me...but has anyone reported anything in regards to Pegula being interested?

I'm obsessed with it, because I think it's the most important thing in my lifetime for this area. But, I get all mixed up between old news and all the sources. I know Pegula put out the statement about doing everything they can to make sure the Bills stay - something like that, but not saying he's bidding. I'm not sure about anything else.

I wonder why there has been absolutely nothing from Bob Rich that I've seen.

To all those worried about Golisano being too cheap, doesn't the NFL have minimums of their cap that teams have to spend?

Yes they do. Its the fact that Golisano refuses to over pay for players. Thus, not hitting the cap.

I'd say it was more the fault of a bad GM. Drury left and was a horrific signing by the Rangers. Briere was also amnestied I believe. They re-signed guys like Afinogenov and Kotalik over Dumont. Also paid Connolly twice along with some other horrible signing. Not like Pegula has had success since taking over right?

Anybody who keeps the Bills in Buffalo I'm all for.

Careful. Talking about hockey to football fans who claim to know isht about hockey can be incredibly maddening. Especially when they have preconceived notions and think they know what they're talking about....

There is a big difference between the NHL and NFL..The Bills make money by being in the NFL..The Sabres were struggling to stay even money...Cant compare the two..

Edited by Stenbar

There is a big difference between the NHL and NHL..The Bills make money by being in the NFL..The Sabres were struggling to stay even money...Cant compare the two..

Plus, the NHL is nothing like the NHL.

:P