Pegula sells land for $1.75 Billion, Will Bid on Bills!

Yes, early on when I was made aware of discussions on the region, there appeared to be little interest in investing in the region. Something that I was made aware of changed that. And not just some rumor. I can only say that the area is indeed being targeted for investment not only by local power brokers, but by others.

I don't say these things lightly either or without some substance to them. What I was informed of, it's a very different outlook from just a month ago. Information is power, as they say.

I am not trying to question you but the information that was out there a month ago was consistent with what is out there now. It is stronger now but it is not different. It is certainly not 180 degrees different.

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, early on when I was made aware of discussions on the region, there appeared to be little interest in investing in the region. Something that I was made aware of changed that. And not just some rumor. I can only say that the area is indeed being targeted for investment not only by local power brokers, but by others.

I don't say these things lightly either or without some substance to them. What I was informed of, it's a very different outlook from just a month ago. Information is power, as they say.

Have you been vetted by the Board? How do we know you aren't Chuck from Cheektowaga posting messages from the maintenance department computer at Shady Grove Nursing Home???

It's a frustrating rule, but it is intended to keep owners from creating a monopoly in any one city for fear of placing financial loyalties against other owners outside that given market. Pegula has a choice to make...Sabres or Bills. Can't keep them both.

Jesus, I can't even tell who is trolling anymore. This has gone too far.

But c'mon , this is kind of exciting isn't it ?

And it is rather important subject matter .

I admit I am having trouble keeping up with the posts though .

Something about verbiage and Marys Taurus around page 17 is as far as i could go beore i got tuckered out and cheated ahead.

Go Bills !

I am not trying to question you but the information that was out there a month ago was consistent with what is out there now. It is stronger now but it is not different. It is certainly not 180 degrees different.

Have you been vetted by the Board? How do we know you aren't Chuck from Cheektowaga posting messages from the maintenance department computer at Shady Grove Nursing Home???

I am vetted by no one. I post what I believe can happen with what I know and as I post, I'm just "speculating" ;)

It's a frustrating rule, but it is intended to keep owners from creating a monopoly in any one city for fear of placing financial loyalties against other owners outside that given market. Pegula has a choice to make...Sabres or Bills. Can't keep them both.

Completely backwards:

"Team owners are now allowed to own teams in multiple major sporting leagues, but those teams need to be in the same city"

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/bills-news-notes/2014/3/26/5548174/nfl-ownership-rules-buffalo-bills-sale-ralph-wilson

Adam Benigni ‏@adambenigni · 5m

Source tells me Jacobs and DNC now positioned to lead stadium effort here in Buffalo... DNC gaming interests prevent owning NFL team @wgrz

Adam Benigni ‏@adambenigni · 3m

Source tells me discussions have taken place in connection with potential Pegula bid, where Pegula owns team, Jacobs DNC leads stadium @wgrz

1. Ok so he buys the team for a Billion.

2. He builds a new stadium downtown and a 300 room hotel and parking ramp for 300 cars. All the traveling teams, staff, coaches, players, and media stay there when they arrive. Sorry fans you need to stay at Harborcenter instead.

3. He has guaranteed sellout of rooms, food and beverage, and parking, income for 8 days a year.

4. The other 357 days he has the opportunity to sell room nights, trips ,packages to the falls. He can further capitalize on the Harborcenter, hockey, Canalside.

5. With a roof on the Stadium he can host larger events that the First Niagara can't. NCAA basketball Finals, Wrestling, Hockey.

6. The State high school Football Championship could be held there instead of Syracuse.

7. The facility could also host a variety of conventions,shows, not to mention all the general business travel and tourism that Buffalo gets.

Source tells me Jacobs and DNC now positioned to lead stadium effort here in Buffalo... DNC gaming interests prevent owning NFL team @wgrz

Source tells me discussions have taken place in connection with potential Pegula bid, where Pegula owns team, Jacobs DNC leads stadium @wgrz

This is correct information, good on Adam for getting it out there

I am vetted by no one. I post what I believe can happen with what I know and as I post, I'm just "speculating" ;)

I believe you that you are not speculating. I just don't understand the 180? What you are now coming around to has been the case for well over a month. For this to come to fruition they still have to win the bid. I know that they are big time players but not the only big time players in the mix.

1. Ok so he buys the team for a Billion.

2. He builds a new stadium downtown and a 300 room hotel and parking ramp for 300 cars. All the traveling teams, staff, coaches, players, and media stay there when they arrive. Sorry fans you need to stay at Harborcenter instead.

3. He has guaranteed sellout of rooms, food and beverage, and parking, income for 8 days a year.

4. The other 357 days he has the opportunity to sell room nights, trips ,packages to the falls. He can further capitalize on the Harborcenter, hockey, Canalside.

5. With a roof on the Stadium he can host larger events that the First Niagara can't. NCAA basketball Finals, Wrestling, Hockey.

6. The State high school Football Championship could be held there instead of Syracuse.

7. The facility could also host a variety of conventions,shows, not to mention all the general business travel and tourism that Buffalo gets.

I don't believe a stadium in the immediate downtown area is being looked at seriously at this time. Not to say it wouldn't be consider, just that I've seen nothing to indicate that area has any due-diligence being done to it.

The only logical thing to do would be to sell the Sabres to someone in Hamilton so he can buy the Bills. but if we build a stadium in Hamilton, then what? Same market again!

The rule is pretty straight forward, not difficult to understand, and has been covered ad nauseam. At this point, anyone asking whether it's possible to own two franchises in the same market or saying that it's not is either a simpleton, trolling, or being sarcastic/busting chops...or, possibly, a combination of the three. ;)

GO T-PEGS!!

GO BILLS!!!

I believe you that you are not speculating. I just don't understand the 180? What you are now coming around to has been the case for well over a month. For this to come to fruition they still have to win the bid. I know that they are big time players but not the only big time players in the mix.

I agree, but I see no obstacles in it's path at this time.

Even if there is a player larger than any of the other player's involved (hypothetically of course)?

WNY has been seeking investment by private entities for many years and at multiple levels, municipal, county and state. On going projects in the downtown area did help convince others to have a serious look is all I can say.

Rogers is a pretty big boogeyman out there.

and like people say is a good sign: He is being very quiet

The people that I am referring to are much bigger than Rogers.

WNY has been seeking investment by private entities for many years and at multiple levels, municipal, county and state. On going projects in the downtown area did help convince others to have a serious look is all I can say.

I am not doubting that.

Interesting that Benigni has been breaking these stories... his old boss Ed Kilgore works for Pegula, correct? Throwing him a bone?

Completely backwards:

"Team owners are now allowed to own teams in multiple major sporting leagues, but those teams need to be in the same city"

http://www.buffaloru...le-ralph-wilson

Are you sure that's right? ;)

Interesting that Benigni has been breaking these stories... his old boss Ed Kilgore works for Pegula, correct? Throwing him a bone?

One would think

More fantastic news. I'm still concerned about the multiple franchise issue, however. It's as if some of the national reporters haven't done their homework.