Pegula sells land for $1.75 Billion, Will Bid on Bills!

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a few words of caution or perspective: Pegula isn't pocketing the entire amount. he was merely a part of the deal. how big/small a part, i don't know. keep in mind, East Resources is no longer his company. he sold that to Shell. so Pegula was among the unnamed company in the deal.

keep in mind, though he owns East Resources, the sale also included an unnamed company, leaving it unclear as to how the money was split.

also, the timing of the deal is coincidental to the fact the Bills are now for sale. the two are exclusive to each other. that doesn't mean Terry Pegula isn't considering buying the Bills, and this sale of land will help his bottom line.

jw

Edited by john wawrow

a few words of caution or perspective: Pegula isn't pocketing the entire amount. he was merely a part of the deal. how big/small a part, i don't know. keep in mind, East Resources is no longer his company. he sold that to Shell. so Pegula was among the unnamed company in the deal.

also, the timing of the deal is coincidental to the fact the Bills are now for sale. the two are exclusive to each other. that doesn't mean Terry Pegula isn't considering buying the Bills, and this sale of land will help his bottom line.

jw

Was wondering when you would weigh in on this. Thanks as always for your perspective and insight.

jw

jw...are any of your sources at the moment speculating that Pegula will bid? If not, is your gut feeling that he will or won't? Thx.

jw

Maybe the Forbes article is wrong, but it clearly states that Pegula is the controlling owner of East Resources. He didn't sell East Resources to Royal Dutch Shell in 2010, he sold Marcellus assets. This is different land.

Maybe the Forbes article is wrong, but it clearly states that Pegula is the controlling owner of East Resources. He didn't sell East Resources to Royal Dutch Shell in 2010, he sold Marcellus assets. This is different land.

actually, you are right. my mistake there. that said, he still didn't pocket the entire amount.

jw

Correct, the land isn't owned by any company, it's leased, and specifically, the mineral and/or water rights are leased. For a specific period of time with a sliding scale royalty payment depending on mineral output, water usage and permanent alterations of the natural landscape or it's natural usage.

keep in mind, though he owns East Resources, the sale also included an unnamed company, leaving it unclear as to how the money was split.

jw

Thank you John Wawrow!

IMO, that's how real players operate. Let your actions do the talking. Just get things done w/o seeking publicity. I've had a feeling all along that TPegs would be a serious player as a potential Bills' owner. I sincerely hope it happens.

If I remember correctly, nobody even heard of the Sabres being sold or Pegula's interest until he was handed the keys. At least I didn't.

If I remember correctly, nobody even heard of the Sabres being sold or Pegula's interest until he was handed the keys. At least I didn't.

a guy from Boston quietly broke the story in November. Then nothing for awhile and it really heated up in January/February

jw

ohmanohmanohman

I think Leino came from all the newly found dollars and Richards not signing with buffalo and D'Arcy and pegula going after the next best fa in the worst possible year for that

Holding onto ruff was D'Arcys worst crime imo. With a new voice they may have gotten more from the talent from 07 to 13

The decision this year to keep the prospects up while getting their doors blown off in front of a vocal hateful home crowd was also poor and likely what did him in.

Hindsight being 20 20 I think his biggest mistake was never replacing the 2 center positions we lost when Brierre and Drury left. And they still havent fixed the problem..

Hindsight being 20 20 I think his biggest mistake was never replacing the 2 center positions we lost when Brierre and Drury left. And they still havent fixed the problem..

That will be addressed in the 2014 & 2015 drafts.