Hillary's Campaign Kickoff

Kaine is a complete unknown to me.

As a resident of of Virginia, Tim Kaine is well known to me.

As I mentioned in the thread after being named Hiliary's running mate, during his term as Governor, I came to refer to him as Governor Douche.

During his term as Senator, I have come to refer to him as Senator Douche. I suspect I will end up referring to him as Vice President Douche.

And considering the revelations about Hiliary's health, I may end up referring to him as President Douche

Hillary Clinton Attorney Admits They Didn't Turn Over Key E-Mails

Screen-Shot-2016-10-11-at-7.41.41-PM.png Click on to enlarge

and is that the thumb drive that went ‘missing’? Maybe someone should look in David Kendall’s desk?

Edited by B-Man

Hillary Clinton Attorney Admits They Didn't Turn Over Key E-Mails

Screen-Shot-2016-10-11-at-7.41.41-PM.png Click on to enlarge

and is that the thumb drive that went ‘missing’? Maybe someone should look in David Kendall’s desk? [/size]

It is in the box between the Rose Law Firm records and the Ark of the Covenant.

I think Clinton will be 1 term unless she surprises everyone and does ok and her health recovers.

Health issues aside, because if real those could easily make her a one-and-done Queen President, who is left untouched by Trump's taint in the GOP that could mount a serious run against her? Let's assume the GOP survives as a party, which is up in the air, I think Paul Ryan might be the only one who could mount a challenge, and he's far from a sure thing in terms of being elected.

Cruz, Rubio, Christie and the usual gang of unelectables have no chance in 2020, nor does Pence.

I don't see where there is a legit candidate who could be ready to topple HRC in less than 4 years.

Health issues aside, because if real those could easily make her a one-and-done Queen President, who is left untouched by Trump's taint in the GOP that could mount a serious run against her? Let's assume the GOP survives as a party, which is up in the air, I think Paul Ryan might be the only one who could mount a challenge, and he's far from a sure thing in terms of being elected.

Cruz, Rubio, Christie and the usual gang of unelectables have no chance in 2020, nor does Pence.

I don't see where there is a legit candidate who could be ready to topple HRC in less than 4 years.

You said "Trump's taint" :lol:

The Trump Taint will be greatly diminished if he loses the election, affording the GOP the chance to completely rebrand itself.

If he wins, that's where the real damage is done.

The Trump Taint will be greatly diminished if he loses the election, affording the GOP the chance to completely rebrand itself.

If he wins, that's where the real damage is done.

You could be right on that, we'll see in a few weeks.

But I'm not certain a loss removes the damage as cleanly as you're assuming. Cruz and Rubio -- the two most likely 2020 GOP front runners not named Paul Ryan -- made themselves unelectable with how they got handled by Trump. They won't recover in time to make a serious 2020 run (both will try, both will fail again).

Who does that leave on the GOP bench to run besides Mitt and Ryan -- both of whom have their own obstacles when it comes to beating HRC?

You could be right on that, we'll see in a few weeks.

But I'm not certain a loss removes the damage as cleanly as you're assuming. Cruz and Rubio -- the two most likely 2020 GOP front runners not named Paul Ryan -- made themselves unelectable with how they got handled by Trump. They won't recover in time to make a serious 2020 run (both will try, both will fail again).

Who does that leave on the GOP bench to run besides Mitt and Ryan -- both of whom have their own obstacles when it comes to beating HRC?

The GOP has a very deep bench.

Mind educating me on it? At least guys or gals who would be ready to mount a serious run in less than 4 years?

Off the top of my head?

Nikki Haley, Mike Pence, Tim Scott, Rand Paul, Mitch Daniels, Greg Abbott, Scott Walker, Tom Cotton, Mitt Romney, Ted Cruz, Charlie Baker, John Kasich, Condi Rice...

And that's just off the top of my head.

Edit: derp... Rubio and Ryan.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Off the top of my head?

Nikki Haley, Mike Pence, Tim Scott, Rand Paul, Mitch Daniels, Greg Abbott, Scott Walker, Tom Cotton, Mitt Romney, Ted Cruz, Charlie Baker, John Kasich, Condi Rice...

And that's just off the top of my head.

Edit: derp... Rubio and Ryan.

Of those though, Rubio, Paul, Pence, Walker, Romney, Cruz, Kasich are unelectable for various reasons (some Trump related, others $ related, others just provoke anathema to the majority of the public) imo. Rice probably is unelectable as well due to her involvement in W's administration, though she'd be an interesting choice.

Ryan, Romney are viable (though I'd argue Romney isn't as viable as he was in 2012) -- I'll look into the others, I know a little about Cotton and Haley but not much about Daniels or Baker. Thanks. :beer:

If memory serves, it was Christie that knocked Rubio out of contention by pointing out how frequently he would repeat himself. Rubio responded by repeating himself.