Hillary's Campaign Kickoff

This really belongs in the Trump thread. But among the litany of reasons to hate a Trump candidacy is that he's elevated the noise to signal ratio beyond comprehensible numbers that it's impossible to ascertain where the red line is on unacceptable commentary.

In my book, he should have been tossed off the top of Trump Tower for suggesting that US should default on its debt. But that rolled off as if it was an ignorant comment, so he gets license to carry on with reckless statements, because ... Well, you know.

With the volume of Trump statements, I just forgot about the debt comment. But it fits with his sleazy m.o. He has a documented history of receiving good or services and then absconding, leaving people to hold the bag.

It's just really ultra sleezy dirt ball stuff.

So you really took Trump's comments as an invitation to commit espionage? Didn't see/hear it immediately as sarcasm? Time for new batteries in your perception meter.

I saw that as "you don't do that."

Edited by Juror#8

Yeah, it was a joke and I seriously doubt the Russians heard it and said "hey, why didn't we think of doing that?" That's because...they already did it.

Of course it's a joke, and the point is that this is not a job where you throw random jokes into serious speeches & press conferences.

Serious presidential candidates learn very early on that it's very dangerous to spout the first thing that comes into your mind. This is not !@#$ing reality TV.

Of course it's a joke, and the point is that this is not a job where you throw random jokes into serious speeches & press conferences.

Serious presidential candidates learn very early on that it's very dangerous to spout the first thing that comes into your mind. This is not !@#$ing reality TV.

It's worked for him, seeing as he's right there with LIAR despite spending a fraction of the money she has. And the joke got everybody talking about her emails and less about the DNC.

There, you're dead wrong. It used to not be reality TV. But it is now.

There, you're dead wrong. It used to not be reality TV. But it is now.

Pretty sad, really.

But I guess, if that's what the plants crave, you have to feed it to them.

And the joke got everybody talking about her emails and less about the DNC.

Before Obama went on stage and made everyone forget about Trump's stupid 'joke.'

In spite of what you keep saying, being neck and neck with Hillary Trump is NOT something to be proud of for ANY reason. A used mop would be leading her today.

But I guess, if that's what the plants crave, you have to feed it to them.

Ok I keep hearing quotes from that movie. I watched it last week and I have to think I must have slept through the good parts because at the end I sat there jaw open like one of those people from the future. I thought it was the worst movie I have ever seen. What did I miss?? :huh:

Ok I keep hearing quotes from that movie. I watched it last week and I have to think I must have slept through the good parts because at the end I sat there jaw open like one of those people from the future. I thought it was the worst movie I have ever seen. What did I miss?? :huh:

Part of it is liking Mike Judge's humor, and it's not for all. The other part is the writer said that his fantasy comedy has turned into a documentary.

Not much it's pretty awful

Part of it is liking Mike Judge's humor, and it's not for all. The other part is the writer said that his fantasy comedy has turned into a documentary.

That's it though. I love Beavis and Butthead, King of the Hill, Office Space. It would of had more truth to it had he made it 50 years in the future not 500.

It's not a good movie. Most of the humor is in the concept. All the quotes you've seen are pretty much the only good parts of the movie.

It's popularity is less because it's good, and more because people can relate to it. People watch it, and see parallels to modern American in it. Not realizing that they're exactly the people the movie's lampooning,

It's not a good movie. Most of the humor is in the concept. All the quotes you've seen are pretty much the only good parts of the movie.

It's popularity is less because it's good, and more because people can relate to it. People watch it, and see parallels to modern American in it. Not realizing that they're exactly the people the movie's lampooning,

In that regard it's sadder than Old Yeller. :cry:

Tonight, Clinton will say the nation is "at a moment of reckoning," per excerpts, where "powerful forces are threatening to pull us apart."

Boy, that sounds "DARK"

Hey media, doesn't that sound "dark"?

With the volume of Trump statements, I just forgot about the debt comment. But it fits with his sleazy m.o. He has a documented history of receiving good or services and then absconding, leaving people to hold the bag.

It's just really ultra sleezy dirt ball stuff.

I saw that as "you don't do that."

Hey, if Hillary only deleted personal emails that had no national security concerns then what is treasonous about Trump's statement to the Russians? I get it that you don't like Trump. I don't much like him either. The way I see it though is that a Hillary presidency is totally unacceptable and would be the worst case scenario. I can throw my vote away and vote for a third party candidate and help elect Hillary or I can vote for Trump and do my best to defeat Hillary.

Shame on those who try to justify voting for someone because of their body parts rather than their character or integrity

#MAKEAMERICAEXPENSIVEAGAIN: https://ricochet.com/makeamericaexpensiveagain/

When you listen to Hillary Clinton’s acceptance speech tonight — seriously, America, why? — expect to hear a lot of compassionate talk aimed at working Americans. Specifically, about the Democratic Party’s plans to raise the national minimum wage to $12/hour, force companies to offer paid parental leave, double-down on ObamaCare, expand Medicaid, and push for greater education subsidies.

Then, ask yourself: Are these policies going to make life less or more expensive for Americans?

My wife has the convention on in the other room. They're parading person after person out right now speaking about how Trump wants to ban Muslims from the country.

YOU'RE SUPPORTING A CANDIDATE THAT SPONSORED LEGISLATION TO BAN MUSLIMS FROM THE COUNTRY, YOU !@#$ING IDIOTS!!!!!

My wife has the convention on in the other room. They're parading person after person out right now speaking about how Trump wants to ban Muslims from the country.

YOU'RE SUPPORTING A CANDIDATE THAT SPONSORED LEGISLATION TO BAN MUSLIMS FROM THE COUNTRY, YOU !@#$ING IDIOTS!!!!!

What's two steps beyond cognitive dissonance?

Shame on those who try to justify voting for someone because of their body parts rather than their character or integrity

#MAKEAMERICAEXPENSIVEAGAIN: https://ricochet.com/makeamericaexpensiveagain/

When you listen to Hillary Clinton’s acceptance speech tonight — seriously, America, why? — expect to hear a lot of compassionate talk aimed at working Americans. Specifically, about the Democratic Party’s plans to raise the national minimum wage to $12/hour, force companies to offer paid parental leave, double-down on ObamaCare, expand Medicaid, and push for greater education subsidies.

Then, ask yourself: Are these policies going to make life less or more expensive for Americans?

It appears that Dems are going to completely ignore the big fed gov't issues this cycle.