Hillary's Campaign Kickoff

Can someone name 1 political issue that this election revolves around?

From the best I can tell no one gives a **** what either candidate's position is on any subject.

No one can probably say definitively what either candidate's stance is on anything because their stances change so much. But that's irrelevant, because no one cares in the first place.

As a Independent since Ross Perot ran, my big concern is unfair trade deals. Bill Clinton forced NAFTA thru Congress.

Hillary does have political experience , and Bill to advice her as a ex president. Obama to call up anytime .

Trump never held any office to show what he would really do.

I thought Kasich would have made the best president to get Congress to work together for once . JMO

As a Independent since Ross Perot ran, my big concern is unfair trade deals. Bill Clinton forced NAFTA thru Congress.

No he didn't. It enjoyed broad bipartisan support (more from GOP), which started with the Bush 1 administration.

I didn't watch last night, but I'm assuming Hillary's speech was boring given that Timmah Graham spent the evening on Twitter making fun of Trump.

I really look forward to his Bills articles this year. It's going to make Twitter MUCH more fun.

I didn't watch last night, but I'm assuming Hillary's speech was boring given that Timmah Graham spent the evening on Twitter making fun of Trump.

I really look forward to his Bills articles this year. It's going to make Twitter MUCH more fun.

Tim Graham. The ULTIMATE twatwaffle.

Go sit in a corner tim. The grownups are talking.

Tim Graham. The ULTIMATE twatwaffle.

Go sit in a corner tim. The grownups are talking.

Unfortunately Wawrow has let himself into the Timmah Twittertantrums, and it's too bad because while JW would tip a few and opine here, he's done a great job on Twitter of just keeping it to music and sports, where Timmah loves to make fun of pretty much anyone who isn't Timmah. I'm partially embarrassed for him because you see genuine BIlls fans who follow him for the team reports get a bit tired of his political childishness, and he can't help but mock them as well.

Ironically he's become the Donald Trump of my Twitter feed.

From John Podhoretz

Her speech was a Jell-O mold of a sort my Aunt Millie used to make blandly gelatinous in flavor and texture with little pieces of boilerplate left-liberal policy suspended in it like peach chunks from a three-week-old can. I cant think of another one of these events when the presidential candidates acceptance address ended up solidly in the running for the more-than-dubious honor of being the worst speech of the convention.

Shes trying to sell herself as the candidate of change without giving any sense of what she would do differently than President Obama:

Barack Obama, with his pen and his telephone and his solid Democratic majorities during the first years of his presidency did not actually do very much to revive American economic dynamism. He poured billions of dollars into pet projects for politically connected firms such as Solyndra and daffy green-energy projects that have not paid off while the ever-more-aggressive regulators under his control have applied something between a foot on the brake and a foot on the neck of the economy. If Mrs. Clinton objected to any of that, she was strangely quiet about it. If she has better ideas, she did not voice any of them. Where has she been since 1992 if not near the levers of power?

It enjoyed broad bipartisan support (more from GOP), which started with the Bush 1 administration.

As it should.

The only free trade advocate running now is Johnson. The GOP and Dems have both moved further left on that issue because protection works damnnit.

ALF, on 29 Jul 2016 - 10:19 AM, said:snapback.png

No he didn't. It enjoyed broad bipartisan support (more from GOP), which started with the Bush 1 administration.

NAFTA passed the House 234 to 200. House Democrats voted against it 156 to 102. Republicans supported it 132 to 43. The sole Independent—Bernie Sanders—voted against it.
In other words, a Democratic president signed a bill against the wishes of 60% of the House Democratic caucus.
Republican margins in favor of NAFTA were about 3:1 both houses.
republican by 3:1 margin is not really bipartisan JMO
Edited by ALF

Absolutely right. Gingrich and Dole played a big role in it's passage, while Daschle, Gephardt, Bonior, and a host of the congressional dems opposed it. Clinton's support of NAFTA was likely influenced by his former advisor Dick Morris.