Hamilton Ont.

zazie

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many local Bills season ticket holders would be willing to cross the border on game day? Consider that.

Who cares? There are over 6 million people in the Greater Toronto Area to draw from and only 32 NFL teams in the world. All current Bills season ticket holders could turn in their tickets and the team would be just fine.

I would move on, and support UB.

At this point the NFL is really turning me off in a variety of ways, from the way the game is played, to the rules, to the business practices...on and on. If the Bills were allowed to move, that's it.

This Hamilton suggestion is just poppycock.

I don't think Toronto/Hamilton are viable options. The league would risk losing its tax exempt status if they go international. The NFL league office is currently structured as a not-for-profit organization, exempt from taxation under Section 501c(6) of the Internal Revenue Code. Moving a team to Canada would almost certainly result in a congressional inquiry of the tax exempt status. Not worth the risk.

That's a really interesting point. I knew about the special 501c6 nonprofit status as a "trade federation" or whatever, but didn't even think about the implications of a member franchise being international. Do any of the other leagues (all with teams in Canada) have a similar status?

Who cares? There are over 6 million people in the Greater Toronto Area to draw from and only 32 NFL teams in the world. All current Bills season ticket holders could turn in their tickets and the team would be just fine.

Really? Cause they've been just DYING to come support the Bills for the last how many years?? How big is our waiting list for Season Tickets...... No, go ahead and calculate it, I'll wait.

As a Canadian and a die hard Bills fan, I will not support a team outside of Buffalo or Western NY I The majority of Canadians I believe wouldn't want this to happen too.

First Toronto isn't even close to being the Entire face of Canada. In fact the majority of Canadians don't support Toronto Teams. Only the Toronto Maple Leafs (Cough Ack yuck) have quite a few fans outside of Toronto. Other teams are not followed by a high population, especially out west, where we all Hate everything Toronto. So there would not be a whole country cheering for them. look at Toronto baseball games for example.. people travel (once again no accounting for some tastes) from all over the country to see the Maple Leafs because they have a huge fan base as an original 6 team. Nobody lines up for Jay games.. I won't support any team from Toronto doesn't matter what sport, and plenty of Canadians not just football fans think like that. Plus nobody mentions we have this thing called the Canadian Football League up north, sure it only makes around a 150 million annually in Canada which is chump change, compared to the NFL. You stick a NFL Team in Toronto and it would kill Toronto's CFL team, which would end up hurting the CFL . The NFL won't let that happen, the CFL is too important to the NFL to let that happen. Around 15 years ago the Canadian Football needed help staying out of debt. The NFL gave a huge cash donation for that because they recognized the value of having a place where football players could develop. Yes the ration on teams has to be I think around 50-55% Canadian but there has been quite a few NFL athletes that got there start in the CFL Cameron Wake, Jeff Garcia Doug Flutie Warren Moon. I love the Bills but I certainly wound't cheer for them in Canada and I wouldn't even support the NFL in Canada . Don't get me wrong folks I love the NFL, and I love the Bills. I learned to have the best of both Worlds. as I was raised by Americans ( Cherry Creek NY) who immigrated to Canada. Every time we visited my grandfather I would watch Bill games with him and I

Became unlike most Canadians I like the rest of my family became a football fan first hockey fan second. Not every Canadian is a Leaf or Habs fan, my first NHL game was a Sabre game, where I got to see Gretzky break a record its how I became an Oilers fan

Just like Not every Canadian wants the Bills or the NFL here

The NFL though belongs in the USA, and the CFL in Canada, it' just how it should be

Edited by BillsfanAlberta

As a Canadian and a die hard Bills fan, I will not support a team outside of Buffalo or Western NY I The majority of Canadians I believe wouldn't want this to happen too.

First Toronto isn't even close to being the Entire face of Canada. In fact the majority of Canadians don't support Toronto Teams. Only the Toronto Maple Leafs (Cough Ack yuck) have quite a few fans outside of Toronto. Other teams are not followed by a high population, especially out west, where we all Hate everything Toronto. So there would not be a whole country cheering for them. look at Toronto baseball games for example.. people travel (once again no accounting for some tastes) from all over the country to see the Maple Leafs because they have a huge fan base as an original 6 team. Nobody lines up for Jay games.. I won't support any team from Toronto doesn't matter what sport, and plenty of Canadians not just football fans think like that. Plus nobody mentions we have this thing called the Canadian Football League up north, sure it only makes around a 150 million annually in Canada which is chump change, compared to the NFL. You stick a NFL Team in Toronto and it would kill Toronto's CFL team, which would end up hurting the CFL . The NFL won't let that happen, the CFL is too important to the NFL to let that happen. Around 15 years ago the Canadian Football needed help staying out of debt. The NFL gave a huge cash donation for that because they recognized the value of having a place where football players could develop. Yes the ration on teams has to be I think around 50-55% Canadian but there has been quite a few NFL athletes that got there start in the CFL Cameron Wake, Jeff Garcia Doug Flutie Warren Moon. I love the Bills but I certainly wound't cheer for them in Canada and I wouldn't even support the NFL in Canada . Don't get me wrong folks I love the NFL, and I love the Bills. I learned to have the best of both Worlds. as I was raised by Americans ( Cherry Creek NY) who immigrated to Canada. Every time we visited my grandfather I would watch Bill games with him and I

Became unlike most Canadians I like the rest of my family became a football fan first hockey fan second. Not every Canadian is a Leaf or Habs fan, my first NHL game was a Sabre game, where I got to see Gretzky break a record its how I became an Oilers fan

Just like Not every Canadian wants the Bills or the NFL here

The NFL though belongs in the USA, and the CFL in Canada, it' just how it should be

Thank you. I hope you know I meant no disrespect up above when I said we should stop trying to accommodate the Canadian fanbase with stadium location, road building, railways, etc. I love Canada and all of the Canadian people I've met have always been extremely friendly. But if we just concentrate on building a reasonable stadium in the Buffalo area, the Canadian fans will come to the games (just like they make the trip to Orchard Park). Go Bills.