Information we really want at this stage of sale process for Bills

I know there are many threads about the impending sale of the Bills, but what I really want to know at this point is which of the potential purchasers will want to keep the team in Buffalo. Poloncarz, the Erie County Executive, seems to have suggested that four or five of the potential purchasers have indicated an interest in keeping the team in Buffalo. We know Trump and Golisano have stated that they would keep the team in Buffalo, but who are these other potential purchasers? This is what I really want to know.

I know there are many threads about the impending sale of the Bills, but what I really want to know at this point is which of the potential purchasers will want to keep the team in Buffalo. Poloncarz, the Erie County Executive, seems to have suggested that four or five of the potential purchasers have indicated an interest in keeping the team in Buffalo. We know Trump and Golisano have stated that they would keep the team in Buffalo, but who are these other potential purchasers? This is what I really want to know.

We have also heard Jacobs say that he will not sell the Boston Bruins, in order to become the owner of the Buffalo Bills. He also said that he would like to do whatever he can to make sure that the team didn't leave WNY. But he didn't comment on the possibility of one of his sons becoming the owner of the Buffalo Bills.

There are a couple of guys (Terry Pegula specifically) who have been mentioned as likely candidates to bid on the team, yet we (or at least I) haven't heard a peep, yay or nay, from the Peguala camp.....is he interested? I would love to know...

Edited by Buftex

My guess is the most serious suitors are keeping it very quiet. We'll see.

I partially disagree. I do believe some of the potential buyers that have made their interest public are very serious.

Edited by Triple Threat

We have also heard Jacobs say that he will not sell the Boston Bruins, in order to become the owner of the Buffalo Bills. He also said that he would like to do whatever he can to make sure that the team didn't leave WNY. But he didn't comment on the possibility of one of his sons becoming the owner of the Buffalo Bills.

There are a couple of guys (Terry Pegula specifically) who have been mentioned as likely candidates to bid on the team, yet we (or at least I) haven't heard a peep, yay or nay, from the Peguala camp.....is he interested? I would love to know...

I posted about two years ago or that Pegula would be in on the ownership bidding process, via info from a client of mine.

Billionaires don't wait for things to happen and then make a move. They see potential ahead of time, then when the time is right they're well prepared to capitalize.

Maybe the downtown redevelopment by Pegula was a precursor to his plans to buy the Bills.

But who knows. Maybe I was fed a line of BS. :)

Here's what I want to know. The local guys we know of who have an interest, namely Jacobs and Golisano, seem as though they're willing to put up money but possibly, not necessarily enough to win outright. Reports indicate that Jacobs isn't interested in being a primary owner. And we have Golisano's recent statement that he'll bid, but at a reasonable price.

I'd like to know who, other than Jacobs, is willing to be parts of a local ownership "team". For example, is Golisano willing to join Jacobs and other local "super friends" to put together a winning bid if they can't win as individuals? Or are they so ego driven that they want to be individual owners or nothing?

I agree. Pegula, the Jacobs family and Golisano should team up to buy the Bills. One of the them will need to be the lead owner. They will need to put their collective egos aside for the good of Western New York.

I posted about two years ago or that Pegula would be in on the ownership bidding process, via info from a client of mine.

Billionaires don't wait for things to happen and then make a move. They see potential ahead of time, then when the time is right they're well prepared to capitalize.

Maybe the downtown redevelopment by Pegula was a precursor to his plans to buy the Bills.

But who knows. Maybe I was fed a line of BS. :)

tjis is all very interesting actually. Pegula all the sudden goes all in on Buffalo. Spending millions of personal monies to ensure some sort of revitalization of downtown. At the same time he has every intention of not only buying the Bills but moving the stadium downtown where he has already built up a nice cozy little monopoly of the waterfront area. It could turn out to become Pegula Center where the money flows like water and he reaps all the rewards.

It's also not surprising to hear Jacobs in the conversation as well. Obviously because he's from WNY. But also because he just made a big move in ensuring his Delaware North business headquarters is now out of downtown Buffalo as well.

A group of "super owners" might be the best bet. Say Pegula forks over $700m and Galosano and Jacobs each put in $350m. Surely $1.4 Billion should be enough to buy the team and $700m means nothing to any of these guys individually, so that might be the play.

Edited by mrags