SI.com:Buffalo's "simple" offense may be perfect for Sammy

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SI_DougFarrar@SI_DougFarrar 1h

Sammy Watkins’ raw talent, limited route tree might be the best fit for Buffalo’s offense http://nfl.si.com/2014/06/02/sammy-watkins-buffalo-bills/

With the rules in th eNFL today favoring the receiver i like Watkins ability to transition nicely. Watkins has great hands and maybe the quickest first step we have seen in awhile. Combine that with the fact that DB's can hardly press anymore and we could see Sammy with a lot of YAC.

With the rules in th eNFL today favoring the receiver i like Watkins ability to transition nicely. Watkins has great hands and maybe the quickest first step we have seen in awhile. Combine that with the fact that DB's can hardly press anymore and we could see Sammy with a lot of YAC.

More so than Chris Hogan?

Imagine opposing D coordinators having to worry about screens and YAC for Spiller AND Watkins. #nightmares

easy if you jam the WR's going down field, give your safeties a chance to stay deep doing so and play the WR's you then simply have to defeat the OL, which for us is not hard.

The screen game will really open things up nicely for Ramses Barden, I couldn't be more excited about that. Hogan on the skinny post too. TJ can just do sprints down the sidelines.. If the stars align just right when he turns his head the ball could get stuck in his facemask.

#stonehands #bardenHOF #seveneleveneverydaybutgameday

Imagine opposing D coordinators having to worry about screens and YAC for Spiller AND Watkins. #nightmares

How do you figure? What, you think that they're going to have to double or triple either Woods or Williams? ouches that ball, rarely even scores. Right now Watkins isn't anymore than Spiller until proven otherwise.

Also until proven otherwise, I don't think that D coordinators have us anywhere near the top of their lists in terms of having nightmares, particularly with Manuel throwing the ball.

If Manuel can throw for 3,000 yards and 20 TDs this season it'll be a huge step forward despite being below average for the NFL. Even if he does simply that, it won't be cause for nightmares for any of our opponents.

Maybe next season, but not this one upcoming. People are way overrating the contribution that a rookie WR is going to make, and heading the top of that list is Whaley. Williams is a low-end starter at best. Woods, hopefully, will become an above average starting WR this season, but even that is generous unless Manuel really really improves.

The screen game will really open things up nicely for Ramses Barden, I couldn't be more excited about that. Hogan on the skinny post too. TJ can just do sprints down the sidelines.. If the stars align just right when he turns his head the ball could get stuck in his facemask.

#stonehands #bardenHOF #seveneleveneverydaybutgameday

Manuel was terrible with screens last year.

How do you figure? What, you think that they're going to have to double or triple either Woods or Williams? ouches that ball, rarely even scores. Right now Watkins isn't anymore than Spiller until proven otherwise.

Also until proven otherwise, I don't think that D coordinators have us anywhere near the top of their lists in terms of having nightmares, particularly with Manuel throwing the ball.

If Manuel can throw for 3,000 yards and 20 TDs this season it'll be a huge step forward despite being below average for the NFL. Even if he does simply that, it won't be cause for nightmares for any of our opponents.

Maybe next season, but not this one upcoming. People are way overrating the contribution that a rookie WR is going to make, and heading the top of that list is Whaley. Williams is a low-end starter at best. Woods, hopefully, will become an above average starting WR this season, but even that is generous unless Manuel really really improves.

I feel like I've read this somewhere before....

Geez, a guy watches a couple minutes of game film and dreams of a little excitement and some YAC and *all* the amateur D coordinators come out of the woodwork and crush my dreams like a grape. ;)

So I'm killing time, watching this video on the team website (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/OTA-4---Watkins-back-in-a-big-way/c707a8e4-027c-4c6d-8afc-60ab46e2464f). Then they show the play run at 1:19 and my heart sinks. Why the eff is hackett still allowed to even have that play in the playbook? God I hate that stupid dumpoff to Chandler. It never amounts to anything.

The real question is how simplified the offense will be for the QB. Because last year the rookie QB said he had it down in mini-camp and by the end of the year they were scaling back the playbook for him.

Sometimes simple is good, but the more game film opposing DC's have of Buffalo, the harder it is to be simple.

I feel like I've read this somewhere before....

Right? :doh:

You know, at this point, we should just have a pinned thread where the merits of any football discussion cannot be can celled by, "EJ sucks, so any other discussion is irrelevant". I suspect it would go longer than the "last one to post wins" thread, from a year or two ago.

Edited by Buftex

sometimes although rarely i just want to tell someone to their face they are and idiot. i really dont get miffed much unless you keep poking thine eye i would prefer to not do that on the Net because that is so weak but man. sometimes..........................

and breathe....

If the Bills can execute a few of them, they will start worrying. Then - boom - Goodwin over the top for 6.

Just watched the analysis of Goo wins speed on Gallifords thingie . Just fabulous really. any one who reads it the last sentence is the killer. i laughed my canolies off He is so right. Bills and us have some major weapons running around the field on offense this year coming. woof !