2014 Midterms

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congratulations guys, hopefully the Republicans can convince Obama to get on board, and they can fix the wrongs with this country like the Democrats couldn't. :beer:

Not gonna happen. Obama's had no interest in working with his own party and there's no way Valerie and Michelle let him work with a GOP-controlled anything. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised to see him ignoring bills and issuing nothing but executive orders for the next two years.

Obama is the worst kind of failure...the kind that refuses to admit he's a failure, and to prove it, takes everyone in his party down with him in a blaze of glory until there's nothing left but Howard Dean asking Rachel Maddow for a date.

Well, hopefully in 2016 a Republican wins POTUS, and Republicans win super majority in Senate, then things will get done. :)

since Harry and the dems instituted 'the nuclear option' in the senate, a super majority is no longer required. that's coming back to bite them big time.

Gee, where are all the usual 'tolerance' and 'inclusion' fans this morning? Youngest woman ever elected to Congress? First elected black Senator in the old South?

It doesn't get much more progressive than that!

KD,

don't forget Mia Love (R-Utah 4) the first Republican African-American female representative elected.

mialove-e1345602640437.jpg

KD,

don't forget Mia Love (R-Utah 4) the first Republican African-American female representative elected.

mialove-e1345602640437.jpg

Feeling the Love. Oh yeah, and we forgot Joni Ernst; the first woman elected to Congress from Iowa. :thumbsup:

Come on "progressives", let go of your hate and join this celebration of diversity!!

Last night as results came in I channel surfed to the usual suspects; Fox, CNN, MSNBC, and it's impossible to believe how genuinely bad MSNBC has become. It literally played out like a public access channel.

But my favorite viewing last night was Rand Paul. He wasted no time going after Hillary, pointing out loss after loss of all the candidates she and Bill supported. What I missed, later, was his Twitter attacks.

Read here. With the photo below, he wrote on Twitter: "You didn't think it could get worse than your book tour? It did." :lol:

B1p-O7kCUAAQmZ2.jpg

Well, hopefully in 2016 a Republican wins POTUS, and Republicans win super majority in Senate, then things will get done. :)

Don't you realize how foolish you sound making statements like this? It is one thing to be Gatorman and it is one thing to be Birddog. Gator is a troll and Birddog offers opinion and insights to his viewpoints. You're just coming off as contrarian. You're coming out against what others are saying but offering nothing of your own. Both sides have people guilty of this but you are doing an exceptional job of it appearing as a bitter loser with nothing to offer.

So, offer something. Get out from behind your blanket statements, loser bitterness and disappointment. Say something. Anything.

Last night as results came in I channel surfed to the usual suspects; Fox, CNN, MSNBC, and it's impossible to believe how genuinely bad MSNBC has become. It literally played out like a public access channel.

But my favorite viewing last night was Rand Paul. He wasted no time going after Hillary, pointing out loss after loss of all the candidates she and Bill supported. What I missed, later, was his Twitter attacks.

Read here. With the photo below, he wrote on Twitter: "You didn't think it could get worse than your book tour? It did." :lol:

I was watching a channel that was talking about how the Clinton backing was much more sought then the Obama backing. I find it amazing that within 3 days of the election a few states tapped Obama to make calls and support known. Especially here in NC. That Obama began that morning showed that the Democrats were rightly worried.

B1p-O7kCUAAQmZ2.jpg

I really and truly don't know what channels Fox, CNN, and MSNBC are so I had to search them out last night to see the differences in election coverage. I couldn't turn away from MSNBC. Their coverage was unbelievable. It was like watching the skits on SNL that aren't about politics.

But now comes the hard part. Because Republicans didn’t run on an agenda other than antipathy toward all things Obama, they created a policy vacuum — and it’s about to be filled by a swirl of competing, and contradictory, proposals.

Republicans find themselves with neither a consensus program nor a clear hierarchy among congressional leaders, the half-dozen aspiring presidential candidates in Congress and the various governors and former officeholders who also think they should be the party’s 2016 standard-bearer. Republicans have set themselves up for chaos, if not outright fratricide.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/dana-milbank-for-republicans-the-hard-part-may-be-about-to-begin/2014/11/04/3c26b1c8-646a-11e4-836c-83bc4f26eb67_story.html?hpid=z5